Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Who's experienced this

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When you know someone, and who you look at and are overwhelmed, every time

They dont necessarily even have to be great looking but because of them as a person and also because of the way they look, has anyone ever kind of been addicted to looking at someone (not in a creepy stalkerish way, but just so every time you see them you get a rush of warm feelings and thing "wow"), overwhelmed by them and their presence?

And are people that have this effect hard to find?

What are these feelings?

This is slightly random, but a positive thread for a change!

Comments

• Options
    I think lots of people get that. I don't think you even have to know or meet the person. You can get someone who if you looked at them objectively, is fairly average looking, but there's just something about them that appeals to you. I get that every now and again. You see them in a pub or at an event or something, and spend the whole time glancing over at them, and at the same time thinking, "what am I staring at her for, there's far more attactive people here" but still can't help it.
  • Options
    Yes I know exactly what you mean, I have this with a guy I've known for a few years. I could just stare at him for ages and he's the same, we have the most intense chemistry I've ever felt with anyone but all we've ever managed was a quick fling a few years ago. Sometimes chemistry isn't evrything :impissed:
  • Options
    I do this all the time. I will be sitting in the pub for example and just be staring at someone and watch them the whole evening. My mates think I am mad and are like 'you don't fancy him do you?' No, I don't but for some reason beyond me, I just cannot help looking.
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    has anyone ever kind of been addicted to looking at someone (not in a creepy stalkerish way, but just so every time you see them you get a rush of warm feelings and thing "wow"), overwhelmed by them and their presence?
    :yes:
    Do you miss them as soon as they leave?
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Blah wrote:
    When you know someone, and who you look at and are overwhelmed, every time

They dont necessarily even have to be great looking but because of them as a person and also because of the way they look, has anyone ever kind of been addicted to looking at someone (not in a creepy stalkerish way, but just so every time you see them you get a rush of warm feelings and thing "wow"), overwhelmed by them and their presence?

What are these feelings?

This is slightly random, but a positive thread for a change!

What you're talking about is nothing unusual, strange or even hard to find - it's called the first stages of a crush ;) - it's the stage where deeper feelings could develop, you could have a fling with them or as remotebleeper said - chemistry isn't everything and your feelings could just fizzle as you get to know the person. Enjoy it while it lasts... or even develops into something more :love:
  • Options
    Had that, is kinda fun.
  • Options
    i think everyone has got the wrong end of the stick! I mean when it happens with a person you have known a long time, not someone you have never met or havent known long.
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    i think everyone has got the wrong end of the stick! I mean when it happens with a person you have known a long time, not someone you have never met or havent known long.
    Oh, well no then. :grump:
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Oh ok sorry! - that is special then :) but I still think remotebleeper's comments relate to your situation.
  • Options
    Yeh its fine people can feel free to write about people they know or dont know, just thought i'd clarify what i meant
  • Options
    Yep im in that situation at the moment, tis nice :)
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    yeah, had that, still fun
  • Options
    Blah wrote:

Hell yes.

Only one person has ever had this effect on me, and I've known him forever and a day. No one else has even come close.

This thread has put me in a good mood now, aww. :)
  • Options
    there is 1 person that i know that has this effect on me. i have known him for yars
  • Options
    yes i get this with my boyfriend, or do you mean something else?
  • Options
    yes i get this with my boyfriend, or do you mean something else?

it can be with anyone, but for my example its a friend