Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

problems with hair

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i have reasonably good condistion hair which is about chest length. unfortunatly it's blacky brown at the tips, and redy brown at the roots. it straightish, and there is lots of it but the hair is actually quite fine.

i want to do something quite dramatic with it, but something that is going to look good at the prom, i.e. not having it all lopped off and dyed green.

i've got a very classic 50's style dress which is black on top with a deep v neck and a cream silk skirt with black velvet poka dots. think audrey hepburn in breakfast at tiffanys.

any ideas as to what i could do with it?

i've got heart shaped face (kind of) if thats of any help...

thanks.

Comments

• Options
    i'm thinking a classic up do. wedding magazines have some good suggestions. find a pic you like, then ask a hairdresser for an apt to try it out.
  • Options
    any good sites because i've googled it and can't seem to find anything

(sorry must remember to log out of boyfriends user) -twisted trinity
  • Options
    DON'T go for the 'classic updo' if you want dramatic, because quite frankly the classic updo is about as dramatic as a dead donkey, so instead, have your hair down, and have it curled alá 50's style. :p

Ilora x
  • Options
    thing is, my hair is quite fine so i don't think it will look that good...
  • Options
    thing is, my hair is quite fine so i don't think it will look that good...
    i have friends with thin hair and they always look good with loose curls. why don't you have a practice before the day?
  • Options
    I also have fine hair, and find that curls are easy to do and tend to stay put. If you don't fancy doin it yourself, talk to your local salon and see if they can do you a 50's style hairdo...

Ilora x
  • Options
    why not try it out before prom?
  • Options
    it's a case of money, if i can't do it myself then i don't have the money too...
  • Options
    it's a case of money, if i can't do it myself then i don't have the money too...
    can't u borrow some curling tongues or use straightners to curl it?
  • Options
    i'm really useless with hair, and i don't know anyone that has any either...i'm not really pally with many people at school...