Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hmmmm

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've had flu all week and it sucks, but I want to go out and get mashed.
Is it really a good idea to have a when I feel like crap and have uni work I could be doing?
It's a tough decision. Someone decide :chin:

Comments

• Options
    You wont get as much as normal from the drugs and whatever flu/cold bugs you have will have a real party in your system for the week after.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    You wont get as much as normal from the drugs and whatever flu/cold bugs you have will have a real party in your system for the week after.

Yeah I figured it might not help. So basically I'll feel like shit for the next week.
  • Options
    Ive done it before and while you are high you don't feel ill but as soon as you start coming down it's evil. You feel much worse after. Best to let your body heal itself first.
  • Options
    Pink Soda wrote:
    I've had flu all week and it sucks, but I want to go out and get mashed.
    Is it really a good idea to have a when I feel like crap and have uni work I could be doing?
    It's a tough decision. Someone decide :chin:
    im in a similar dilemma. i have loads of uni work to do and a mock exam next week. so i could either take it easy around some bars or i could go get smashes in a club.

i think i just decided the latter even though im gona be useless all weekend.

if you feel well enough to go out then go, but if you really do feel ill then stay in!
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    Ive done it before and while you are high you don't feel ill but as soon as you start coming down it's evil. You feel much worse after. Best to let your body heal itself first.

Yeah you're right, last time I did it I felt like shit after and wished I'd never gone out.
    Might save it for next weekend, Erol Alkans playing then. It's just getting a bit too close to my exams in May so I wanted to get a final session out the way this weekend!
  • Options
    i had a nasty chest infection for ages before that just wouldnt fuck off, i couldnt smoke anything for ages cuz of it then one night i just thought fuck it and banged loads of e's and smoked loads of blow then woke up trhe next day and it was magically gone :)
  • Options
    What about if I go out, get pissed and have maybe just one or 2 pills. Surely that can't make me feel worse...
  • Options
    only one way to find out but it probably wont do you much good!
  • Options
    Pink Soda wrote:
    What about if I go out, get pissed and have maybe just one or 2 pills. Surely that can't make me feel worse...

Amphetamine group drugs have a strong negative impact on your immune system, something you need to be in good condition to fight off any infection.
  • Options
    If you want to feel good next week then don't get drunk and don't take any pills. People are speaking from experience here, but it's down to you in the end!
  • Options
    Okkk....well think I'm just gonna take it easy and go out for a few drinks then come home. Just hope I have the self-control!
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Amphetamine group drugs have a strong negative impact on your immune system, something you need to be in good condition to fight off any infection.

Ha a friend of mine just told me it speeds up the immune system. I bet..
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    Pink Soda wrote:

Nah, it lowers it
  • Options
    Pink Soda wrote:
    Was it your dealer by any chance :lol:
  • Options
    Oops. A few drinks turned into copious amounts of E, coke and speed.
    Stupid stupid me.
    On the bright side though, I feel a little better today after a pure EVIL comedown yesterday.
    Does anyone know how to stop jawache? My mouth and jaw are really sore and it hurts to eat.
  • Options
    painkillers?

i hate having a sore face, the worst is when you manage to bite the side of your tounge and get all the wee white bumps :(
  • Options
    Or when you bite your cheek and then it swells so you keep biting it more and more!
  • Options
    z01 wrote:
    painkillers?

i hate having a sore face, the worst is when you manage to bite the side of your tounge and get all the wee white bumps :(

Yes I have the white bits all down one side of my tongue :crying:
    and mouth ulcers :crying:
    Don't do drugs kids :no:
  • Options
    In my first year i was dieing of freshers flu and went to rave and got properly screwed, was fine until the next evening when the flu came back twice as bad and couldnt move for the best part of a week....

Things we do in the name of fun!