Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The Big One!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Only 15 mins now to go. Gonna be a cracker methinks, come on the Pool. Even the most rabid Everton or United fan has to be backing us today, yes? no?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Yes, I can see most neutrals supporting Liverpool today- even some Man U fans. Not sure about Everton though :D

1-0 to the scousers. So far so good.

I'd really fucking hate it if Chelsea ends up with the Double :mad:
  • Options
    Oh fuck I'm loving this! :D
  • Options
    2-1 to the scousers!
  • Options
    Joe Cole, LoL!
  • Options
    Missed the game as i was at work but the score line made me smile :D
  • Options
    Was sitting on the edge of my seat hoping Pool wouldnt lose their lead :D Cracking game like . . made even better by the fact it was chelsea getting beat, well actually that was the main reason i wanted the pool to win!

Credit to Liverpool though fantastic game of football.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Aladdin wrote:
    I'd really fucking hate it if Chelsea ends up with the Double :mad:

And they ain't going to :D

Seems like a good game. Props to Liverpool.
  • Options
    I missed the game...

All I can say is..... :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • Options
    I didn't really care who won but I'm probably happier with the scousers. I don't hate any of their players or their manager in any way the same way I hate Chelsea.

Fair play, always nice to see Mourinho and his team of cheats humbled.

Oh, and haha Joe Cole, though it would've been sweeter if it had've been Drogba.
  • Options
    BBC wrote:
    "When you create chances against a very defensive team you have to score," said the Portuguese.

"We had two big chances and did not score. And, in a tight game with a tight result, every crucial decision against you makes it even more difficult.

"But I think in the last half an hour we showed why we are champions again and the reason why in the last two seasons we have 45 more points than Liverpool.

"They beat us twice in cups and we beat them every game in the Premiership and it shows the difference."

Mourinho added: "I congratulate them because they won. They fought a lot to keep the result and when professionals fight like they did you have to congratulate them.

"But if they go to the final and be lucky with a referee like they had against us it can be a help for them."

Sour grapes anyone? :D
  • Options
    That cunt should be fucking deported, along with Drogba and Crespo.

The Sun talk about deporting illegal immigrants- lets start with people who don't deserve to be in the country.

As for Poll's blatant bias- I haven't seen such a pro-Ch£l$ki ref for a very long time. He was as bent as a nine bob note, and I do wonder how many of Roman's roubles ended up in Graham's pocket tonight.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

As for Poll's blatant bias- I haven't seen such a pro-Ch£l$ki ref for a very long time. He was as bent as a nine bob note, and I do wonder how many of Roman's roubles ended up in Graham's pocket tonight.

Steve Bennett refereeded the match by the way. He's a cunt like.

ETA: Was Poll linesman? I watched it in pub with no sound and there was a few dodgy ones definitely but at least he denied John 'cheat' Terry his unwarranted goal.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    Steve Bennett refereeded the match by the way. He's a cunt like.

Was it?

John Motson kept saying it was Graham Poll, and I can't tell the difference anymore. They're all clueless robots.

Whoever it was, he was so horrendously pro-Chelsea it wasn't even funny. I thought he was going to keep playing till the scum equalised.

Mind, the pro-Chelsea BBC was trying to claim that the disallowed goal was "harsh" and that Terry kicking Garcia up in the air for the first goal was perfectly justified. Mind, Mark Lawrenson is a dick.
  • Options
    Was backing the rentboys myself.

Don't understand how ANY United fan can EVER back the scousers.

Who cares about Chelsea?
  • Options
    godscop wrote:

Who cares about Chelsea?

Hardly anyone, bcause they cheat (even Drogba admits it) and they steal all good players from teams who need them (By that I mean the team who is also trying to get a certain player)
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    Hardly anyone, bcause they cheat (even Drogba admits it) and they steal all good players from teams who need them (By that I mean the team who is also trying to get a certain player)

Not really what I was saying. I don't understand why United fans get upset about Chelsea, least its not the scousers for fuck sake. Short memories I think........
  • Options
    godscop wrote:
    Was backing the rentboys myself.

Don't understand how ANY United fan can EVER back the scousers.

Who cares about Chelsea?
    Perhaps it's not so much that Chelsea FC might win the double but that they would have done so thanks to the limitless and exhobitants amounts of money given by a dodgy Russian oilman and the exploits of a bunch of cheats without precedent in the Premiership managed by the most arrogant twat around.

Under such circumstances, even your sworn enemy might suddenly become more attractive.

I should know... I did the unthinkable a couple of months ago and ended up, for the first time in my life, cheering for F.C Barcelona to win a football game, when they played Chelsea in the CL.
  • Options
    godscop wrote:
    Not really what I was saying. I don't understand why United fans get upset about Chelsea, least its not the scousers for fuck sake. Short memories I think........

I don't get upset about Chelsea and I don't see them as "rivals" in the same way I do Shitty and Scum. Yes, I wanted Liverpool to win because I really don't like to see money winning trophies but at the same time I'd love to see West Ham give them a tonking in the final.

That said, I remember Beckham ephigies too...
  • Options
    I don't buy into this idea that Chelsea are winning by throwing money at everything. Of course its helping but they can still only field eleven players at a time and recent results have shown that they can and will be beaten in the future.

Also even if Mourinho is an arrogant bloke, if he was United manager I would probably think hes great.

I could never bring myself to cheer the scousers on, even in games when they've needed to win for us to win the league etc I just watch in silence.

On another note Aladdin, congrats on reaching the conf play offs, hope you win. I am told we're hosting you lot up here pre season, how many do you think will make the trip? I've heard your pretty vocal should make a great atmonphere. ;)
  • Options
    Everyone always accuses the best team of cheating. It was the same with Arsenal and Man Utd when they were winning everything.

And they might not have spent on quite the same scale as Chelsea, but Man Utd have had their fair share of huge buys. Veron, van Nistelrooy, Rooney, Ferdinand, Ronaldo, Barthez. Me thinks the problem isn't that Chelsea are buying loads of players, more that the best players would rather go to Chelsea than Man Utd.
  • Options
    Cheers mate. Let's hope the sheer numbers of our supporters can make a difference.

I'd imagine a fair number fans will make it up to Manchester. I couldn't go last year but there was a great atmposphere when your lot came down to us.

We miss the long distance away games as well. At present the furthest away from home we get to play is about 50 miles :D
  • Options
    FC took 4000 to Blackpool this season against Mechanics, the home support was two old blokes and dog :lol:
  • Options
    more that the best players would rather go to Chelsea than Man Utd.

Not always. Rooney came to us, thank God.

With players like Ballack, it's more down to money and contracts. Chelsea are the only club around that can easily offer a 30 year old midfielder a highly paid 4 year contract. I don't think United could have committed to such a deal, whereas Chelsea don't even need to deliberate about it.

There's a huge advantage in being able to throw out massive contracts without much deliberation. You will attract alot of players, but money won't always be enough to attract some people. Chelsea tried to hi-jack Arsenal's Theo Walcott deal, but luckily the kid realised his best option was Arsenal, having probably seen the damage Chelsea are doing to SWP's career at the moment.
  • Options
    I've always thought its more to do with foriegners would rather goto London than Manchester, not really anything to do with the clubs. Fact, Manchester United are more famous than Chelsea, they've got next to no history.
  • Options
    godscop wrote:
    I've always thought its more to do with foriegners would rather goto London than Manchester, not really anything to do with the clubs. Fact, Manchester United are more famous than Chelsea, they've got next to no history.
    I think the London point is an important one. But as for history, I don't really think players are that interested in history, they want to be at a club that's winning things now. Few players go to clubs because they love them nowadays.

I hope that young players start to realise that going to Chelsea isn't the best career move. It's bad for the Premiership having players like Shaun Wright-Phillips, Louis Saha and Scott Parker (when he was at chelsea) sat on the bench, when the teams they came from could've build a squad around them and raised the overall standard of football. Hoepfully when UEFA bring these new rules regarding the number of home-grown players required, teams will stop buying expensive bench warmers that stop their youngsters getting a chance. I don't mind teams buying big to add to their first team, it's when they're spending £10-15 million on a squad player that it annoys me.
  • Options
    I think the London point is an important one. But as for history, I don't really think players are that interested in history, they want to be at a club that's winning things now. Few players go to clubs because they love them nowadays.

I just think that you could goto anywhere in the world and if you mention English football they're most likely to know about United, Liverpool, Best, Charlton, 5 times ( :grump: ) Munich etc rather than Chelsea as they don't have that sort of fame.

As for UEFA's new rules its only going to apply to non-EU players isn't it? Not going to make that much difference.

I wouldn't mind being paid 50k a week to sit on a bench, I'd consider it a great career move.
  • Options
    godscop wrote:
    FC took 4000 to Blackpool this season against Mechanics, the home support was two old blokes and dog :lol:
    Yes, that rings bells. We've never taken that many as you but we've brought 1,500+ to grounds where the previous attendance record was 140 :D

No surprise so many clubs put up a bit of an effort when we play them. Beer tents, BBQs, local Indian restaurant doing a buffet on the grounds... it's great :)
  • Options
    Well we broke 6k on Saturday and I think your visit will beat that as it'll be a bit of a glamour tie plus you'll bring at least 1000 I would have thought. As from next season I think the attendances will only get bigger as more people give up their tickets at big United.

The atmosphere is amazing its the closest thing to the old days, days which I thought were gone forever, also kids are starting to show a real intrest now they can afford to go. Big United has lost a generation of hardcore fans there.
  • Options
    Everyone always accuses the best team of cheating. It was the same with Arsenal and Man Utd when they were winning everything.

And they might not have spent on quite the same scale as Chelsea, but Man Utd have had their fair share of huge buys. Veron, van Nistelrooy, Rooney, Ferdinand, Ronaldo, Barthez. Me thinks the problem isn't that Chelsea are buying loads of players, more that the best players would rather go to Chelsea than Man Utd.

But if anyone else goes to Chelsea, would they actually play at some point or would they just sit on the bench all the time? :rolleyes: I think it's the latter - Chelsea get players because they can but they don't actually need them, unlike some teams...
  • Options
    If you're Spanish you'll get a game at Chelsea, if you're not you won't. Why else would the utterly shite Del Horno get a game ahead of Bridge?

Chelsea is an Englishman's graveyard- I seriously doubt the careers of SWP, Johnson, Bridge and Cole will ever recover from playing there. It's a real shame too.

Not all top teams cheat, but the two biggest names at the moment are offensive with their cheating. In one corner you have horsey, the Scouser and the chav, and in the other corner you have a team full of Spaniards, Dutch and French.

The top teams that are full of foreigners cheat, I honestly believe its a foreign thing. The Dutch and latins have never been comfortable following the rule book.