Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Quiz Channels

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Anyone getting sick of all these channels dedicated to Quizes, where you have to call in on a premium phone line or premium text?

I've just noticed Men & Motors has now been removed in favour of a 24 hour a day quiz channel from ITV

from April on Freeview we'll have

ITV1 12AM - 5AM The Mint
ITV2 1AM - 4AM Quizmania
FTN 10PM - AM Quiz Night Live
The Hits - 2AM - 5AM Cash call
Quiz Call - 24H Quizzes
ITVPlay - 24H Quizzes

There's already a whole host of shopping and bidding channels on there.

What happened to good old fashioned entertainment!! :mad:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    They annoy me so much and the people are so stupid, it's like add up the numbers:

1, 7, 5, 99, 34 = ?

And some muppet phones in and says 2 or something equally stupid.

:mad:
    They annoy me so much and the people are so stupid, it's like add up the numbers:

1, 7, 5, 99, 34 = ?

It's those muppets that phone that keep all these channels going. ITV can easily make £20 million a year from the phone calls.

And the actual production costs are peanuts compared to making a drama or comedy. One camera man with his home camcorder, not need for editing and away you go.
    I dont believe for a minute people are that stupid though, it must be the cameraman who phones in :chin:
    Brand new bullseye in on Challenge tv now!
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster

1, 7, 5, 99, 34 = ?

But what is maddening is that it probably won't be 1+7+5+99+34. It will probably be something really naff and random like 1+7+5+9+9+3+4 or they will probably just play the "I'm thinking of a random number, what is it" game and give those 5 numbers to fool you.

Gah. I hate them :(
    It's a big con, like on those lists where you have to guess a famous person, they can easily make you a winner at anytime they want, so after a certain amount of profit they will make somebody a winner... so the answers arn't fixed, they're whatever ITV etc decides at the time.
    Rumour is they are all about to be taxed on the same level as bookies - so that should cut the number down thankfully.
    Jim V wrote:
    Rumour is they are all about to be taxed on the same level as bookies - so that should cut the number down thankfully.

yay .. I certainly hope so.

I thought E4 showing people sleeping inthe big brother house for hours on end was as low and as boring as TV can get but those call in shows are the pits!! Even the shopping channels are better.

There should be stricter rules on what's allowed to be broadcast on freeview since it's probabaly the set to be the main replacement for analouge TV and the bandwidth is way more limited then on Sky TV.
    It's funny to watch the crappy presenters slip up though. Or when they've been on the same quize for about 3 hours, and you can just tell they want to go crazy! It's like chinese water torture :D
    i dont get quizmania. none of the answers that should be there are ever there. it does my head in.
    I love when drunk people phone in and tell the presenter girl to "show us yer tits ya dirty slag".

It's shite otherwise.