Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Buying stuff

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does it piss you off that when you tell a mate about something your gonna buy and after you tell them they go out and buy it?

Comments

• Options
    it would, but I don't think that's ever happened to me :p
  • Options
    Does it piss you off that when you tell a mate about something your gonna buy and after you tell them they go out and buy it?

:yes:
  • Options

Depends on what it is...
    If its a music CD or something like that, then I wouldnt care. If it was clothing or something like that, then it would piss me off!
  • Options
    depends what it is but no not really. i'm not 12. :p
  • Options
    Yeah a shirt or music, not bothered, but a 1300 quid bike, yes.
  • Options
    Yeah a shirt or music, not bothered, but a 1300 quid bike, yes.

can't you get a different colour? :D

or better than that get a £1400 one. that'll really piss him off.
  • Options
    My best friend does that constantly. SO FUCKING ANNOYING.
  • Options
    My mate can't stand people having things that he doesn't, as it makes him feel less successful. So he buys things that me and my mates buy new. The only i have that he can't is a car, as he doesn't have his licence. Which really pisses him off and hes always getting digs in.

Hence i haven't seen him for over a month now.
  • Options
    My best friend does that constantly. SO FUCKING ANNOYING.

tell her you're gonna buy something really horrible. ;)
  • Options
    I'm quite bad for seeing my mates wearing stuff and buying them. We all shop in the same places anyway and I don't really see the harm in it if it's something I like. I wouldn't do it for badness or owt though.
  • Options
    Doofay wrote:
    My mate can't stand people having things that he doesn't, as it makes him feel less successful. So he buys things that me and my mates buy new. The only i have that he can't is a car, as he doesn't have his licence. Which really pisses him off and hes always getting digs in.

Hence i haven't seen him for over a month now.

Your friend sounds stupid - I'd only buy stuff if I wanted/needed it, not because everyone else has it...
  • Options
    It really pisses me off when my sister does it. I've been looking for a beret for ages, about a year now, online and in shops but they haven't been in shops until now. Tuesday, she comes home with a beret 'because she needs it for going to France'. SO jealous :grump:
  • Options
    Yea it pisses me right off. Quite good for revenge though- i wanted this amazing hoodie and my mate went and bought it when i was in the changing room :mad:

But i got him back by buying the converse he wanted and now wear them constantly just to rub it in :D