Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Pro Plus

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Pro Plus - Any good? I know I should not use it a lot and start to depend on it! I am always tired even if I have a decent nights sleep, so I thought I would try it for a few days to see how it goes.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    There could be a medical reason you are always tire like being anemic or thyroid probs. maybe you should see your doctot instead of taking crap that won't make you feel better.
    I do suffer from anemia and have been prescribed something for that but it does not seem to be working, so I just thought that I would give these a little trial. It seems that I am always in and out of the dr's surgery these days and I just wanted to try something else.
    Pro Plus is just caffeine, and not even that strong either (50mg per pill). And like anyone who has had just a black coffee in the morning caffeine is a crap stimulant without suger (its a fairly crap stimulant all round really).

If you are wanting something to use in this way then guaranna is the best option. Though of course discount all the possible medical reasons for your tiredness first.

P.S - shouldnt this be in the Drugs section?
    Pro-Plus shouldn't be used in the way you wish to, as the underlying problem won't go away. There will be a reason as to why you feel so tired, from anything to do with a virus, illness, or as tweety said medical, even could be down to not getting enough vitamins, or iron and eating the wrong type of food.
    Maybe you should go back to your doctor and say its not working.
    Pro-Plus shouldn't be used in the way you wish to, as the underlying problem won't go away.

People use coffee and tea in exactly the same way all the time.
    bongbudda wrote:
    People use coffee and tea in exactly the same way all the time.

It shouldn't be used when someone is clearly lacking something for a long period of time.
    bongbudda wrote:

P.S - shouldnt this be in the Drugs section?

No, because it is health related
    Pro Plus is effective when used sparingly for a specific purpose - for example, controlling tiredness so I can revise more (and lots of my fellow students use it for the same reason).

Pro Plus is not a cure for general lethargy, rather an emergency tool when you just need that extra hour of focus in the evening...
    Oh i remember the pro plus days, staying up for days on end to do my dissertation - not recommended.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    ButtonMoon wrote:
    No, because it is health related

So are most topics in the drug forum.
    Weekender Offender 
    i feel tired almost all the time too... its only when im in though which is kind of strange
    To those that feel fatigued - do you exercise enough? Silly question but it does wonders!
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    I've never really got on ith pro plus but I know people who swear by them if they're working a late shift or something.
    Weekender Offender 
    muse- wrote:
    i feel tired almost all the time too... its only when im in though which is kind of strange

If its only your house you should get your gas/carbon monoxide checked!
    ButtonMoon wrote:
    I do suffer from anemia and have been prescribed something for that but it does not seem to be working, so I just thought that I would give these a little trial. It seems that I am always in and out of the dr's surgery these days and I just wanted to try something else.

how long have you been on the medication for anaemia? sometimes medications take a while to make a difference, esp with anaemia because it takes a while for your whole blood supply to be replaced with new red blood cells (think its around 3 months).
    clara wrote:
    how long have you been on the medication for anaemia? sometimes medications take a while to make a difference, esp with anaemia because it takes a while for your whole blood supply to be replaced with new red blood cells (think its around 3 months).

about 7 months now. I tried pro plus for two days. They perked me up for about half an hour but no more than a coffee would. given up on them. going back to the doctors to see what he says.
    i agree with you, going to the docs is probably your best bet - dont worry about being persistent with them, its their job to help you!

yeah thats the thing with proplus, they give you a pretty immediate boost but it doesnt last very long!

good luck :)