Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I learnt a (bit of) a song!!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well,I got bored practicing chords and trying to get my fingers to stretch and so I now know how to play the beginning of sweet child of mine and raining blood... :D Only problem is I cant play them fluently or fast enough.......imagine a man with no legs running the london marathon,now imagine that as a song if you can and you get the idea of my playing. :thumb:

Comments

• Options
    awesome :thumb: see, all it takes is practice, good work :)
  • Options
    nice :) you don't just have to stick to scales... it will definately help you in the long run but at first its much more fun learning other ppls songs imo, so find some more tabs :D
  • Options
    Practice makes perfect.

I only ever play my own songs, better that way. If I was at a house party though I'd play a few covers for a bit of banter like.
  • Options
    Well,I played air guitar more than real guitar over the weekend :blush: but I can still remeber the riffs and getting to playing them a bit faster too. :thumb: raining bloods hardest though because my little finger doesnt like to stretch,and I havent got the tuning on drop D either so it sounds rubbish!!! :razz:
    Gonna learn dead skin mask opening too.... :thumb:Like to start easy dont I....... :D
  • Options
    Try some Malmsteen or Vai...that's easy peasey!
  • Options
    The Leaf wrote:
    Well,I got bored practicing chords and trying to get my fingers to stretch and so I now know how to play the beginning of sweet child of mine and raining blood... :D Only problem is I cant play them fluently or fast enough.......imagine a man with no legs running the london marathon,now imagine that as a song if you can and you get the idea of my playing. :thumb:

You will find that when you've started learning a song that you won't be fast enough. This is what I found when I was trying to learn 'Never There' - Cake.
  • Options
    It is really fun when you learn your first song. I remember when I struggled for weeks to learn a song on guitar, later going to be performed.

I really think the fear of playing and singing simultaneously was harder to overcome than actually learning the song. :shocking:

heh, she liked it though. I couldn't believe my ears. Guess it's my singing voice. :)
  • Options
    Well,theres no chance in hell I`ll ever sing so thats no worry.
    My attempt at dead skin mask didnt quite sound like............anything really. :blush: raining blood still sounds a bit soft sort of but sweet childs coming on nicely. :thumb: My amp doesnt give enough distortion though,so it all sounds too........clear and clean.
    Im trying to perfect pull offs now.Pain in the arse they are.Hammer ons are piss but pull offs.... :mad: