Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Animal Testing

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What do you mean by testing in the early stages?
    never said all researchs should be stopped, my main point is that we should test humans on early stages too... I just got carried away on scc point...
    which humans ...convicts maybe ...or just french people who who think eating humans might be a fun thing to do ...which humans?
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    That's his point Aladdin, NMM and SCC aren't fans of pursuing new cures because we have apparently got enough already.
    Oh I see, my apologies for not reading thread properly.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    We still use anaimals for food and to clothe us - both of which are now unnecessary. But to use them in research to save lives is wrong?

I don't get it. It's what price you put on life. To me a human life is worth a million rabbits. Thank god for rational people.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    We still use anaimals for food and to clothe us - both of which are now unnecessary. But to use them in research to save lives is wrong?

I don't get it. It's what price you put on life. To me a human life is worth a million rabbits. Thank god for rational people.

But animals react differently to humans.
    Sofie wrote:
    whats that mean?
    they react without intelect for sure.
    which humans ...convicts maybe ...or just french people who who think eating humans might be a fun thing to do ...which humans?

Humans than think researchs are so damn important... now that would be a huge stand behind their beliefs...
    What do you mean by testing in the early stages?

When there is risks of death or others... there is some cures that might never be found because it is not done... why do you think some researcher scecretly do it... why do you think the military do it... why do you think the nazis did it...
    Skive wrote:

Never said it was wrong... just said we should test humans too... and by testing humans we might find cures we wouldn't be not doing such...
    Sofie wrote:

Mostly they don't. They're a good indication that's for sure.

You mother is dying from a illness, there may be cure but it's still untested. Would you rather they test the drug first on an animal, put yourself forward for testing, or woudl you give it straight to you old dear?

The simple fact is that at the moment animal testing is the most sensible way for testing new drugs. I don't know how you can argue againts that. Cruelty may be involves - but I for one am happy to accept that for the benifit of every other human.
    Weekender Offender 
    Never said it was wrong... just said we should test humans too...

We do.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    We do.

ok once again, I will precises at early stages...
    Humans than think researchs are so damn important... now that would be a huge stand behind their beliefs...
    your a dickhead.
    if i hold a baby over a mincer and a frog ...it's up to you to decide which i drop in the mincer ...your logic so far suggests that you would shrug your shoulders ...whats the difference ...they are equal ...would be your response.
    you not only loose credibility ...you disgust me.
    Skive wrote:

I agree. Though actually I don't eat meat, that's not the point. Think about it, 100 years ago even the common cold could kill you. We need modern medicine, society would be unrecognisable without it.

Anyway, the petition makes it clear that it's all about where it's necessary and the only option. If anyone's undecided, you should have a look.
    your a dickhead.
    if i hold a baby over a mincer and a frog ...it's up to you to decide which i drop in the mincer ...your logic so far suggests that you would shrug your shoulders ...whats the difference ...they are equal ...would be your response.

wahoo... name calling now... nice... low.. but nice... it's not because i think every life is equal that I can not see that the baby will be more important for his parents and that people will have feelings for it... of course i would say drop the frog... it doesn't have much to do with the facts that testing humans at early stages could provide cures that could not be found by testing animals... it's not because i think life forms are equal that I don't see how important is one over the other...
    your a dickhead.

With that line of thought maybe we should be considering cannibalism, and human skin as the next fasion - after all we use animals for food and clothing.
    Weekender Offender 
    Animals need to be killed. Silly wee things.
    it's not because i think every life is equal that I can not see that the baby will be more important for his parents and that people will have feelings for it... of course i would say drop the frog... could ... it's not because i think life forms are equal that I don't see how important is one over the other...
    make your mind up!
    you don't realy know what you believe is the truth of it ...cos you haven't realy thought much of it through have you.
    animals are there for us to eat or whatever else we need them for imo
    Mad Mac wrote:
    animals are there for us to eat or whatever else we need them for imo
    dandylions and daisys have feeling too you know!
    make your mind up!
    you don't realy know what you believe is the truth of it ...cos you haven't realy thought much of it through have you.

my point is that any kind of life is equal... and by equal I mean the right to life... it doesn't mean I can't understand that some might have more feelings attach to them than others... but it's not because one life is more important in the eyes of someone than others don't have the same right to live... as well as the same right to die... the point of this thread was animal testing which i have no trouble with, kill as much as you want, but researchers will never find all the cures possible if humans are not tested at early stages too...
    dandylions and daisys have feeling too you know!
    mmm,right up until i get the lawn mower out
    your a dickhead.
    dont be stupid, of course he would choose the human baby, thats only natural.
    In theory though everyone is equal and I agree with it. It seems so logical to you that animals are stupid and worthless that its a pointless argument really, even though it seems completely logical to me that a theoretical possibility of maybe finding a cure for something if we torture a thousand monkeys - is certainly NOT worth it.
    Youre not even talking an animal life for a human life. Youre talking about POSSIBLE knowledge for a bit of medical advancement that may or may not benefit humankind (often not), for the torture and death of god knows how many millions of animals. I dont see how noone could give a shit tbh. Its not even that the animals die, its the inhumanity of giving them diseases and tumours and cutting them open, and finding out which drugs kill them fastest. I think its abominable.
    Of course if it was a monkey to be killed or my baby, then id choose my baby, but hell if i had to choose your baby or my baby to be killed, id choose your baby. Its not because its human and thats special, its because its what I love. the monkeys mother would probably see my baby killed.
    the "what would you choose, a frog or a baby" is stupid
    It seems so logical to you that animals are stupid and worthless the "what would you choose, a frog or a baby" is stupid
    i don't think animals are either stupid or worthless!

the baby and frog are only as stupid as his comments throughout this thread.
    It seems so logical to you that animals are stupid and worthless
    That's not what he's said at all. It is possible respect animals and also eat their meat, and benefit from animal testing.
    Of course if it was a monkey to be killed or my baby, then id choose my baby
    Freudian slip?

I think you're getting your argument confused with the ability to finance healthcare for the world's poor. I don't think it is fair to blame medical research for global poverty, and as I said before - if you don't want to benefit from medical advancement then that is up to you, but I think you'll find that the vast majority of the population will gladly accept a new drug that may cure their disease or improve their quality of life.
    i don't think animals are either stupid or worthless!

the baby and frog are only as stupid as his comments throughout this thread.

is saying all the time the humankind doomed itself and saying it's the greatest clever... people always bitch about equality but when it comes to exreme it becomes stupid... at least i believe in true equality for all sort of life... and I still understand why a preson can be more important in the eyes of its loves one... if equality of all life is seen as stupid it explain why your so great humankind is leading itself to its own destruction... cures won't save the humankind... humankind can only save itself and history that keep on repeating itself show us that it will never happend... if we were all monkeys instead of humans we would not be doomed and this planet would not be as fucked up...
    The reason humans are not tested at an early stage nihilisticmadman is because we need to eliminate as much risk to the lives of the subjects as possible- as the events of last month clearly proved.

If sacrificing some guinea pigs and rats for early tests mean as few volunteers as possible (if any at all) die or suffer life-long adverse consequences from testing, then the animal testing is 1,000% justified.
    is saying all the time the humankind doomed itself and saying it's the greatest clever... people always bitch about equality but when it comes to exreme it becomes stupid... at least i believe in true equality for all sort of life... and I still understand why a preson can be more important in the eyes of its loves one... if equality of all life is seen as stupid it explain why your so great humankind is leading itself to its own destruction... cures won't save the humankind... humankind can only save itself and history that keep on repeating itself show us that it will never happend... if we were all monkeys instead of humans we would not be doomed and this planet would not be as fucked up...
    that is such a nieve post.

do you eat meat?
    Aladdin wrote:
    The reason humans are not tested at an early stage nihilisticmadman is because we need to eliminate as much risk to the lives of the subjects as possible- as the events of last month clearly proved.

If sacrificing some guinea pigs and rats for early tests mean as few volunteers as possible (if any at all) die or suffer life-long adverse consequences from testing, then the animal testing is 1,000% justified.

Still if researchs are that important testing humans at early stages even if risks are high would give more chance of finding cures that might not be found if tested on animals... unless researchs are not that important after all...
    Mad Mac wrote:
    that is such a nieve post.

do you eat meat?

Why does everyone keep asking if I eat meat, did you read all the post in here...