Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

stop getting a hangover>?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hhow can i stop getting a hangover/
//??

had a pinrtpint of water shouodld i take a resolve now or wait for tehe morning>

Comments

• Options
    3 pints of water
  • Options
    once you get used to drinking so much, you stop getting hangovers over all... that's what happened to me... i don't get hangovers any more cuz i drink a lot and don't get drunk any more... coz i'm immune to alcohol... try, it really works.
  • Options
    once you get used to drinking so much, you stop getting hangovers over all... that's what happened to me... i don't get hangovers any more cuz i drink a lot and don't get drunk any more... coz i'm immune to alcohol... try, it really works.

:eek2:

You can build up a tolerance to Alcohol... thats not going to stop hang overs, just means it takes more to get you drunk!

and i'm feeling that one at the moment, going out and getting wankered last night was not a good idea! :grump:
  • Options
    ive started drinking gin and tonic later on in the nights and it seems to have stopped my hangovers being as bad. so try that.
  • Options
    easy... stop drinking so much...
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    ive started drinking gin and tonic later on in the nights and it seems to have stopped my hangovers being as bad. so try that.

I would love to try that... but I cant stand gin and tonic! Even the smell of it makes me gag! It especially would at the moment! :sour:

easy... stop drinking so much...

:chin:
    Its always the intention... I said I wasnt going to drink much last night because I was well tired before even going out, so I didnt want a hang over today!
    But you know how it is, the beer starts flowing...
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    Its always the intention... I said I wasnt going to drink much last night because I was well tired before even going out, so I didnt want a hang over today! But you know how it is, the beer starts flowing...

Well I used to know how it is... now my body give me a nice seizure before I can get drunk enough to have a hangover... would rather have a hangover tbh... that's why I miss weed so much... cos can't get properly drunk...
  • Options
    I can drink a fair few double vodka & diet cokes on a night out and not get a hangover, but add another drink (even just a pint) to the equation and I have a stinking hangover. I find that salt and vinegar crisps and a diet coke before I go to bed helps aswell.
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    I would love to try that... but I cant stand gin and tonic! Even the smell of it makes me gag! It especially would at the moment! :sour:

:chin:
    Its always the intention... I said I wasnt going to drink much last night because I was well tired before even going out, so I didnt want a hang over today!
    But you know how it is, the beer starts flowing...

Ditto to all of the above...
  • Options
    ButtonMoon wrote:
    I can drink a fair few double vodka & diet cokes on a night out and not get a hangover, but add another drink (even just a pint) to the equation and I have a stinking hangover. I find that salt and vinegar crisps and a diet coke before I go to bed helps aswell.

Yep, clear spirits apparently dont give much of a hang over...

I find the worst hang overs I get are if I just stay on pints all night...
    Guess what I did last night! :yeees: :rolleyes:
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    Yep, clear spirits apparently dont give much of a hang over...

I find the worst hang overs I get are if I just stay on pints all night...
    Guess what I did last night! :yeees: :rolleyes:

Stupid you then really!
  • Options
    its hard to not drink as much when you are on a night out, its great fun, good company and generally just get a drink or 2 in every bar. soon adds up and before you know it you've had 10 pints, 5 double gins and realise you have to get up in 4 hours for work.

I LOVE IT.
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:

i was on g&ts for a bit last night :D but reefs are kind of cheaper :(
  • Options
    ButtonMoon wrote:
    Stupid you then really!

Your not wrong!
  • Options
    plus i had a frozen baguette and a pint of water when i got in.... hangover hasnt kicked in yet but it probs will do when i sober up :/
  • Options
    muse- wrote:
    i was on g&ts for a bit last night :D but reefs are kind of cheaper :(

£1.84 for a double G+T in my local! quality or what.

reef are only good for reef challenge, 99p in spoons, keep downing them in one until you throw up or cant drink anymore. been a while since i did that tho. :sour:
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    £1.84 for a double G+T in my local! quality or what.

reef are only good for reef challenge, 99p in spoons, keep downing them in one until you throw up or cant drink anymore. been a while since i did that tho. :sour:

reef challenge eh? theyre the cheapest thing where i am and they drink like orange juice so can't complain... g+t for 1.84 would be good though :x
  • Options
    Drink clear spirits - and decent quality ones at that.

Drink water during the night.

Keep your suger levels even with a good carb laden dinner before hand.

The water and a snack before bed.
  • Options
    i try to drink a lot of water if im going to be drinking later that day (also a pint of milk before going out is supposed to help line your stomach and help prevent being sick if you're prone to that) and try to force a pint into me before i go to sleep, that doesnt always happen tho half of the time i cant even remember going asleep

i always need to have water beside me at night when ive been drinking, i always wake up throughout the night without fail dying for a drink of water

the following day its plenty more water and a few painkillers if its a particularly rough hangover (and of course as always a good smoke always helps :thumb: )

i dont think you can really prevent a hangover, just make more bearable!
  • Options
    you should eat something fatty before you go to bed because apparently the fat helps to break down the alcohol or something.
    and drink lots of water obviously.
  • Options
    I stick with clear spirits. I get the worst hangovers from lager, so rarely drink it now.

Alcopops are just the most disgusting drinks in the world- just wanted to add that. :yuck:
  • Options
    Beecham's Flu Plus is good in the morning.

As is Lucosade and sex/a wank. :thumb:
  • Options
    Stay in bed until the next evening. Alcohol doesn't cause hangovers, waking up does. :thumb:
  • Options
    Beer gives me the worst hangovers in the world, cant do anything till at least 4 the next afternoon! Tend to have four pints max then stick on spirits.

2 pints of water before bed then in the morning a double cheeseburger and chips washed down with a reeeeeeeally thick banana milkshake will sort you out :yes:
  • Options
    Stay in bed until the next evening. Alcohol doesn't cause hangovers, waking up does. :thumb:

i wish, i wake up at 8 or earlier (unless im not in bed by then :p) when i've been drinking, i really dont know why and it makes me feel shit for the whole day almost.

i think getting a subway before sleeping seems to help subdue a hangover, also heard irn bru works but still havent tried :x
  • Options
    muse- wrote:
    i wish, i wake up at 8 or earlier (unless im not in bed by then :p) when i've been drinking, i really dont know why and it makes me feel shit for the whole day almost.

aye i always wake up at some stupid time wide awake too
  • Options
    z01 wrote:
    aye i always wake up at some stupid time wide awake too

Same here.
  • Options
    muse- wrote:
    hhow can i stop getting a hangover/

quit drinking
  • Options
    1: eat before you go out/drink a pint of milk to line your stomach
    2: have a glass of water inbetween every drink
    3: drink less
    4: drink more water before you go to bed, and take some aspirin
    5: hair of the dog the next day, plus something sugary?

Of course if there really was a miracle hangover cure someone would be extremely rich by now.
  • Options

and what the hell is hair of the dog??

Drink more booze.

Just keep going, and get drunk again. Done it plenty of times but only for mild hangovers.