Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Actually the why I bother one wasn't supposed to be silly. It was addressing al who sayed she wished 'my kind' never was. I was simply letting her know why I bother. I was wondering why you removed it. Did you not like my reason? This is very odd indeed.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I missed it. I would have been nice to make up my own mind if I thought it was 'silly' or not.

I am concerned that some threads are closed quickly at the moment. Sometimes I can see the reasoning but I do wonder if it's really necessary. If the thread is stupid, surely we won't post...

I know BBH sometimes uses the wrong sort of language to get his view across but I do wonder if there is a little victimisation going on...
    BBH, I feel the same way, I to was letting al know that our kind (the type he hates)are the ones that have worn a uniform and fought to let his kind have the freedoms he/she enjoys.

Remember al for your tomorrow many gave their today.

I hope this is not considered silly.
    When I said "Your kind" I meant all the Hitlers, Suhartos, Pinochets and Pol-Pots that have existed. The ones that preach intolerance and violence, without them then there might not have been wars where people had to give their lives in foreign lands.

Fanciful idea I know, but is it so bad to wish an end to the cycle of war and destruction?
    Originally posted by al:
    Fanciful idea I know, but is it so bad to wish an end to the cycle of war and destruction?

Quite possibly, yes, since there's a strong body of evidence and opinion that progress stems directly from conflict; peace leads to stagnation. It's a powerful argument, difficult to refute with anything other than emotive language.
    I wrote a nice reply to the other post but for some reason they deemed the thread not worthy and deleted it.

I for one am very glad that BBH and his father are on this board. Its great to see alternate opinions.
    The ones that preach intolerance and violence

You mean the same kind of intolerance you show toward BBH? You deny him his right to express his opinion. You want him gone altogether. What the difference between you finding his ideas distasteful and him finding gay ideals distasteful? He has just as much right to his opinions as you do to yours.
    but is it so bad to wish an end to the cycle of war and destruction?

It is a nice fantasy but it will never happen. We live in a country that allows you to think like this. There are countries across the world that believe in nothing but violence and terror. While those countries keep to their ideals then we will never have peace.
    Wait a second, you are putting me in the same pot as Hitler because I think that Homosexuality is a depraved act and that Fundentalist Muslims have declared a holy war on us and we must respond.

This is almost humorous.......almost