Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What are you doing today?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I haven't quite made my mind up yet. You see, I have got a lot of coursework, roughly about 80 pages to do - and the issue with it is although the last 60 or so I can get done easy (for example, up to 6 pages an hour), the first 20 require thinking, and I'm not sure I'm in a thinking mood. They'll probably take me a lot longer. Stupid writeups. But this is all due in may 4th, so I dont have a lot of time to do it. Really, I should have been halfway through a week and a half ago. Now is panic time.

But, buring your head in the sand can do wonders. Should I just chill out for a bit? I'm not seeing my girlfriend today, so I've got all day. And tomorrow probably not seeing her till the evening. Sat. I've got work, but then I've got sun to myself. Mon school then free time, tues school then work, weds school then young enterprise, thurs school then work, fri school then rest day (friday is my rest day, well, along with sunday :p).

Then after that, its hand in date - final hand in date - on may 4th. Ideally I should have it all finished for mon 24th so I can have it pre-checked. I can easily do a little bit of high quality, but I'll get low marks, but doing a lot of low quality, I'll get low marks. Doesn't matter, I only need 12/24 - equivelent to a D grade I think.

Just moving my arse and doing it really. In real life its not going to help me, I'm just jumping through hoops to get a piece of paper, I spend more time revising into things I'm going to do at uni these days anyway :confused: but you still need the grades I suppose. Anyone got any tips on getting started?

Oh and, more importantly, what are you up to today, either if you're slogging your guts out (poor you *hug*) or if you're enjoying easter hols :).

Comments

• Options
    I'm just finishing my essay then i'll get in an hour or so on Football Manager. Then im going to meet my girlfriend at the train station at 1526 cos shes coming to stay. :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
  • Options
    im in work till 5:15 or so, got a football game at 7:45 and then home for shower and bed. thats my plan of attack for the day. how fun
  • Options
    renz <3
  • Options
    Relax for a bit and see how you feel later, there is no point getting stuck into it if your really not in the mood... you wont get anything done...

As for me... i'm at work at the moment, and im shattered!
    I still havent recovered from last weekend!!

Im going out to a club tonight as well, so im going to be dead to the world by tomorrow! :crazyeyes
  • Options
    I am at work. Not doing any work though can't be arsed. Just found out my pay rise for the year and I am in a bad mood!!! :banghead:
  • Options
    I'm at home recovering from a nasty bug in the hope to return to work tommorow.
  • Options
    ButtonMoon wrote:
    I am at work. Not doing any work though can't be arsed. Just found out my pay rise for the year and I am in a bad mood!!! :banghead:

not enough? :(

Why dont you speak to your manager. A saying I like to use (occasionally ;)) is if you don't ask, you don't get! Ask for a promotion! :cool:

Thing is, I'm so bored I cant even be bothered to play computer games. Would love to spend my whole day just on thesite and on ebay, looking at digital cameras and which one is the best deal. Heh :/
  • Options
    Got work at 4:30 then going straight out into town. Should be a gud'n! :D
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    I'm at home recovering from a nasty bug in the hope to return to work tommorow.

:( well at least you dont have at work, I suppose. Hope its not too nasty!
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    renz <3

Koe <3

We may not speak again til Monday :(
  • Options
    Got to head off on the drive to London in a wee while, really can't be arsed. :grump:
  • Options
    :( well at least you dont have at work, I suppose. Hope its not too nasty!

Well i was mean't to yesterday but only lasted 15 mins. I can't afford not to really as i have childminding fees to pay if i work or not.
    Today i don't work anyway but tommorow i am due in so am hoping to be ok as i have been bad for a week now.

Btw you really should start your work. ;)
  • Options
    Trying to feel better, I've caught Tweetys bug :(

Oh and trying to teach Abbie how to say Mama before 6pm :D
  • Options
    Trying to feel better, I've caught Tweetys bug :(

Oh and trying to teach Abbie how to say Mama before 6pm :D

Firstly i hope you feel better soon, is it a tummy bug?
    Secondly why are you trying to get Abbie saying mama before 6pm?
  • Options
    Got to do some uni work before i start back on monday, apart from that, nothing. Oh how it sucks to be poor :(
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    Btw you really should start your work. ;)

Yea I should really. Where should I start, do ya reckon?

Task 1:

"write a specification of the system. Include all features of the system" - nice and descriptive :confused:

other guide thingy says

"Produce designs for all of the screens, reports and menus/switchboards that will be present in the database, on paper. When producting these designs:
    - Present your planes in a format such that a reasonably competent person could take them and make a start on setting up your system
    - Make them legible and near
    - Annotate the designs to help explain the screen, report or menus/switchboards
    - Do no use screen dumps from the actual system as part of your design plans

When attemptiong this task you will need to consier the type of information that the user of the system will be interested in obtaining from the database. Refer to task 3c"

I've done task 3, but got 1,2,4,5 to do :( (task 3 is the actual work, task 1 + 2 are the plans, 4 + 5 the write up). Sigh. If only I had a nudge in the right direction rather than not having a clue if what I was writing was any good or rubbish.
  • Options
    Revising some extremely boring stuff :grump:
  • Options
    Write anything that comes to mind at all down on a bit of paper and take it from there maybe? I am not the best person to ask lol
  • Options
    The problem is, I know it all, its just, I've got an anal teacher and if its not structured in the right way or jumping through the right hoops, he'll mark me down. But I am approaching the point of 'wtf i dont care anymore aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhhh'
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    Firstly i hope you feel better soon, is it a tummy bug?
    Secondly why are you trying to get Abbie saying mama before 6pm?
    1. Yes, I blame you :p

2. Cos she's just starting saying Dada and J gets home at 6pm, she has to be able to say Mama too or I'll never hear the end of it!
  • Options
    1. Yes, I blame you :p

2. Cos she's just starting saying Dada and J gets home at 6pm, she has to be able to say Mama too or I'll never hear the end of it!

:lol: Give her something to put in her mouth and keep repeating mmmmmummummm lol.
    Bless, James said muma first. :D
  • Options
    at work :( but finding it hard to do anything as all i can think about is my girlfriend. but have to wait till friday before i can see her again.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I was supposed to have met a friend 3 and a half hours ago... I completely forgot it though and stayed up last night very very late, and I woke up 2 hours later than I was supposed to be there... :(:blush:
  • Options
    my mum has gone away to london for3 days soo im stuck at home looking after my little sisters and dog!! :)

involves me walking dog every day, cooking everyones meals, taking them to swimming and hockey practice etc etc.. so not reeeally that hard! plus im being paid £100 for it!

as well as that ive got work that needs to be done for next friday so im trying to get motivated enough to start it in about half an hour!!

have to design a new set for 'the crystal maze' plan it, draw it up and make a scale model etc. its fun, but its gonna be quite hard!! ive decided to do an 'indian' set :yes: should hopefully be different to everyone elses ideas!!
    should hopefully get it done for sunday! .. well.. some of it
  • Options
    i got up and got dressed etc, had some lunch. then i went to set off to drive to uni and i had a flat tyre. so i rang my mum. :p

now i'm at uni for a late one!
  • Options
    well finished fixing my PC and now am doing soem coursework and thats about it really rather boring!
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    Relax for a bit and see how you feel later, there is no point getting stuck into it if your really not in the mood... you wont get anything done...

i am never in the mood for doing work, but i definately go by what you said there ;p
  • Options
    muse- wrote:
    i am never in the mood for doing work, but i definately go by what you said there ;p

It was my excuse most of the way through college! :thumb:
  • Options
    Today I started on revision for my exams in June. I also watched TV and played Champinship Manager 2006.
  • Options
    Another day at work... another taste of hell...