Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How long can you go on for?...

Just a general question.. How long can a human go on partying with pills/MDMA for? Because if when you take a pill your brain releases an abnormal amount of seratonin, how many days can you go on for before all your seratonin is used up? or does it ever get used up? ...

I used to party quite hard last year, and can say iv been to parties that last up to 3 DAYS/NIGHTS long! none stop! now we all know it aint good for us, obviously.. but how long can we actually do it for? Obviously there will come a point when the brain cant take any more, but how long does it take to reach this point? :shocking:

Its just always fascinated me how people can go on for so long and still be buzzin!

Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i take loads but its in a short space of time, i cant keep myself up for any extended period of time, probably about 9 hours at most, and thats even taking up to 15 e's, but i know people who could be fucked for 24 hours on that amount
  • Options
    Dunno tbh...Two Christmas' ago from Christmas eve to New Years I took about 50 in the space of that week in 4 drug bender days....don't think I had much seritonin left after that!
  • Options
    Not sure about MDMA, but for Methamphetamine you can go a couple of days, 5-7, before you start to hallucinate and really just start loosing it, your core temperature raises really high, neurotoxicity, and I've heard it fucks up your kidneys too. I'd assume the same for MDMA
  • Options
    I've been out of it for a week on MDMA powder. Never again though. Its totally not wise but you're not thinking straight at the time obviously.
  • Options
    dont know about Es much, as I havent done them much, but stayed up 4 days consecutively on speed before i started hallucinating and crying constantly and just fell asleep anyway even though id just had another hit of it.
  • Options
    addict: you were actually 'up' and flying the whole time? :eek2:

suzy: yea i was on speed and e's for 3 days straight once, speed mostly, and i started hallucinating .. im sure it was sleep deprivation more than anything but ive always found speed to leave my eyes a bit fucked afterwards
  • Options
    37 years and counting ...
  • Options
    37 years and counting ...

:lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    z01 wrote:
    addict: you were actually 'up' and flying the whole time? :eek2:

More or less, but I suppose I did probably sleep once or twice during the week, but it was a case of waking up and getting stuck back in. I was drinking and smoking green alot as well which kinda keeps the buzz going IMO. It was so stupid like. I wasn't half wise and just discovered MDMA powder and thought it was the holy grail. I'd say I was fucked up with a longterm comedown for at least a month after it all. Went to the doctors and all.

I've stayed awake for 4 days on a speed binge as well. Me and my mate just caining the stuff non-stop because we had a ridiculous amount of the stuff. Again, stupid. I lost a couple of jeans sizes and I'd swear the bags still haven't lifted from my eyes :no: .
  • Options
    yeah i lost more weight from one weekend of speed than months of e's not to mention my nose was wrecked with about a half ounce of dirty gear going up my nose all in all .. some of the was bombed but the majority snorted :yuck:
  • Options
    personally i can only manage about 55 hours awake and then no mater what i have / havnt taken i just cant physically stay awake any longer,

if you ment generally i imagine it would differ from person to person
  • Options
    MDMA's full action cant be extended more than about 7 hours tops, though with methamphetamine that could be pushed to 12 maybe.

Anything longer than that and its not really working in the same way, it then becomes basically a crap stimulant, giving little and punishing you hard.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    mmm_sweeties, you might find an article from Erowid called MDMA Neuropharmacology interesting - it describes how MDMA works. But as Bong said, very simply once your brain has released the serotonin it has stored, it takes a few days up to a few weeks to replenish so there is absolutely no point taking any more E, it will only increase the side effects.
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    it takes a few days up to a few weeks to replenish so there is absolutely no point taking any more E, it will only increase the side effects.

And increase neuron damage, strain on your heart, liver, kidneys.......
  • Options
    You take some 5-HTP tablets to help replenish the lost stores of serotonin (although that won't enable you to go on indefinitely of course).
  • Options
    Cheers for the replies guys, guna av a read of that MDMA thing now :thumb:

Talking of parties, iv just been to a HOOJ one on Saturday that started sat mornin an ended early hours Monday mornin, I left at 6pm tho on Sunday as had had enough :eek2: we all had lots of GHB, was hilarious! Dangerous stuff tho if abused :no:
  • Options
    You take some 5-HTP tablets to help replenish the lost stores of serotonin (although that won't enable you to go on indefinitely of course).

Its not anywhere near as simple as that, and you can have all the seritonin you like but if your receptors are burnt out it wont work.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Its not anywhere near as simple as that, and you can have all the seritonin you like but if your receptors are burnt out it wont work.
    Of course it isn't as simple as that, but it definitely helps.
  • Options
    Of course it isn't as simple as that, but it definitely helps.

It does seem to help with the 'tuesday blues' but its not going to stop any neuron damage or help you have a longer MDMA experience.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    It does seem to help with the 'tuesday blues' but its not going to stop any neuron damage or help you have a longer MDMA experience.
    So you don't think stacking up beforehand would help at all? Vitamin C is a good idea for neuron damage.
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    I always take vitamin C the next day on a "come down" and then drink a cappucino. works the best for me although you still feel like shit.
  • Options
    So you don't think stacking up beforehand would help at all? Vitamin C is a good idea for neuron damage.

It takes I think about 6 to 8 hours to even get to the brain so necking 4 or 5 of them as you go out isnt going to help.

What might (and its might) help your experience is pre-loading for the week before hand, taking 50 or 100mg each night before sleep. Taking the same dose for the week after does seem to help mood.

As for vitamin C, in large doses (500mg+) it does seem to help with neuron damage, but, you there is a potential down side to this. Vitamin C is acidic, if your system is acidic it is easier for it to flush out amphetamines, and therefore MDMA. So it might, strangely shortern the action of the drug that way, though this is really just a guess. If you are going to pre-load with vitamin C (which certainly seems like a good idea from the research) I'd couple it with some chalk tablets as well.
  • Options
    a fag and a coffee ...followed by a fag and a coffee do me.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    As for vitamin C, in large doses (500mg+) it does seem to help with neuron damage, but, you there is a potential down side to this. Vitamin C is acidic, if your system is acidic it is easier for it to flush out amphetamines, and therefore MDMA. So it might, strangely shortern the action of the drug that way, though this is really just a guess. If you are going to pre-load with vitamin C (which certainly seems like a good idea from the research) I'd couple it with some chalk tablets as well.
    Well it's only a weak acid, so could it really make that much difference? I usually take 500-1,000mg vitamin C every day anyway!
  • Options
    The yokes im on now i could see myself going on for at least 2 days with enough supplies of more yokes, lots of booze and blow, fegs and skins. Ha.

Throw some coke in there too more measure.
  • Options
    Shogun wrote:
    The yokes im on now i could see myself going on for at least 2 days with enough supplies of more yokes, lots of booze and blow, fegs and skins. Ha.

Throw some coke in there too more measure.

moooncat
  • Options
    Well it's only a weak acid, so could it really make that much difference? I usually take 500-1,000mg vitamin C every day anyway!

Why? I cant really see the point in taking that much every day, your body wont be able to process it, it'll just go straight through you and make you piss a lot.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Why? I cant really see the point in taking that much every day, your body wont be able to process it, it'll just go straight through you and make you piss a lot.
    That's not true - when you reach the maximum level your body can metabolise, anything extra is excreted as diarhoea. So it's very easy to tell if you're taking too much or not.

There is actually a lot of research done that suggests vitamin C is not actually a vitamin, but an essential foodgroup that we have lost the ability to synthesise. We actually have 2 of the 3 genes functional to synthesise vitamin C, but we lost one of them through a chance mutation. It's been hypothesised that to reach the healthy levels present if we could make our own, we should take upwards of 500-1,000mg.
  • Options
    It always makes me piss quite a lot as well as quick out the back side into the bargin. Its totally up to you though, I'm not going to say you're wrong or anything, I'd just forever be on the toilet if I took that much every day.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    moooncat

:confused:

:eek2: