Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

stupid TV presenters

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
some kids tv presenter was talking to a former miner about how coal forms and the ex-miner said "coal takes 230million to form and we used all the coal from this mine in 130 years"

the presenter then proceeded to say "remember kids this is why you should recycle"

:lol:

Comments

• Options
    Someone's watching Newsround :p
  • Options
    It's a well known fact that plastic, just left in the countryside, can cause adult mines to become sterile.

Who among us hasn't had to free a miner, who's neck was trapped in one of those 6 pack holder white plastic thingers? The grateful little faces, the two clear streaks down their face from the tears.....heartbreaking.
  • Options
    some kids tv presenter was talking to a former miner about how coal forms and the ex-miner said "coal takes 230million to form and we used all the coal from this mine in 130 years"

the presenter then proceeded to say "remember kids this is why you should recycle"

or maybe they meant to recycle, to use less energy and resources up in general, for the other unsustainable items we use every day
  • Options

Typical childrens TV presenter
  • Options
    Newsround speaks to children like imbeciles 100 % of the time. End of
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Infinite wrote:
    It's a well known fact that plastic, just left in the countryside, can cause adult mines to become sterile.

Who among us hasn't had to free a miner, who's neck was trapped in one of those 6 pack holder white plastic thingers? The grateful little faces, the two clear streaks down their face from the tears.....heartbreaking.
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    ButtonMoon wrote:
    Typical childrens TV presenter

Nice to see they never change as you get older!
  • Options

I dont get it? that statement makes sense?
  • Options
    Gavman wrote:
    I dont get it? that statement makes sense?
    How exactly are the kids meant to recycle the coal?

It occours naturally and take zillions of years to make, plus how can you recycle something youve just burnt.

Silly Billy
  • Options
    the presenter never said the kids should recycle coal

he just said they should recycle

if you recycle plastics (some you can)
    if you recycle paper
    if you recycle any recyclable consumable and limited resource, you are helping save these resources, and also possibly in turn use less power to make new stuff, power that might even be made by burning coal or other fossil fuels
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    the presenter never said the kids should recycle coal

he just said they should recycle

if you recycle plastics (some you can)
    if you recycle paper
    if you recycle any recyclable consumable and limited resource, you are helping save these resources, and also possibly in turn use less power to make new stuff, power that might even be made by burning coal or other fossil fuels

^^ what MrG said, the statement makes sense cause well I didnt see newsround but the way the psoter wrote it sounds like the presenter is saying recycle to avoid using up natural resources so quickly
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    It was dumb thing to say.

It would have been wiser to say 'this is why you should save on heating and electricity'.
    Weekender Offender