Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

name all the flaws with the jobcentre

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
1. doing a local search for jobs in east london provides you with jobs you didnt ask for in scotland, or manchester or sheffield

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I dunno, that fact that there are more people visiting job centres to seek benefits than the ones seeking employment....
    The system searches the country, and does list them in priority, but it doesn't exclude jobs further away.

The biggest flaw with JobCentre is that they pay the staff shite, don't have enough staff, and then wonder why morale is through the floor. JobCentre proves beyond all doubt that if you pay peanuts you get monkeys.
    The local one closed...
    All jobcentre staff treat their customers like criminals and scallies.

Ilora x
    what the hell is jobcentre??? sorry... i'm on a different planet...
    what the hell is jobcentre??? sorry... i'm on a different planet...

The government offices to find job and go sign up to get job seeker allowance and shit... http://www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk/JCP/

Ilora x

no not ALL of them do. unless you've met them all you can't say this. ;)

the one and only time i've been in to a job centre i was 16. i didn't know what they were like so i got all suited up and felt very much out of place! but they were fine, they obviously appreciated that i'd made an effort and wasn't the stereotypical job centre visitor.

i seem to remember being sent from queue to queue, though.
    People use the free phones (meant to phone up about jobs) to phone their mates.

Out of interest how much do job centre staff get paid?

I had to sign on when I was 18, there were some nice staff there and some really thick ones that couldn't even spell or use the computer properly.
    Some of the staff are really rude. 'Computer says nuhhhh'

Tooooo many forms.

Weirdos who go there and complain loudly. It's embarassing.

People who blatently look like they will never get a job. Their beard is longer than Noah's.
    PussyKatty wrote:

Heh, that's funny... and oh-so true.

It might be exclusive to the Shields branch but I didn't much like the fact that they had a suited, ear-piece wearing bouncer-style guy with a total stoneface barring the entrance. :eek2:

That's because 90% of them are.

It's the same reason why I expect all my customers to be thick.
    They're the most depressing places on earth.

Call me a snob, call me pretentious but I felt like a total failure first time I signed on.
    I felt like a total failure when I first signed on too........ :crying: but it passed after the second and third times. :thumb:
    Also,how on earth can you try and list ALL the flaws with the jobcentre?? :crazyeyes I dont even know where to begin......... :eek:
    Never been in one, but I walk passed one on the way to work and the queue is always 'a mile long' and resembles this.

3%20tramps.jpg
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Kermit wrote:
    That's because 90% of them are.

That's the impression I got from my mother, who used to run a job centre all on her own at Totton Library (Bas Seed might know it). It must have been a depressing job - the amount of people who who used to do their best to avoid becoming employed used to really piss her off.

It's certainly not a very rewarding job.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    That's the impression I got from my mother, who used to run a job centre all on her own at Totton Library (Bas Seed might know it). It must have been a depressing job - the amount of people who who used to do their best to avoid becoming employed used to really piss her off.

It's certainly not a very rewarding job.

i do believe there is a difference between jobs that are very rewarding, and jobs that dont reward very often

im guessing working with some of the scum that do go into job centres, the obnoxious kind who will do everything but look for jobs in there, when they get a job, its very rewarding for someone like your mother who strives hard

but i guess that doesnt happen much, so it always seems like waasted effort
    I had the dubious pleasure of signing on last year when I was only working 7.5 hours a week (my JSA worked out to about £10 per week but hey...)

Anyway - my complaints - too many stupid forms, too many stupid questions - all of which were answered quite clearly on the stupid forms if they could actually be arsed to read them (I don't know why I bothered otherwise...)
    What happened to your last job?
    erm, i'm still in it, that's what I just told you...
    Why are you claiming JSA then?
    erm... because i'm only working 7.5 hours a week and i'd like my NI stamps paid until I get a proper full-time job...
    Why aren't you at university?
    That's next year... until then I plan to earn money rather than sitting on my arse all year
    So what happened to your last job?
    briggi wrote:
    Heh, that's funny... and oh-so true.

It might be exclusive to the Shields branch but I didn't much like the fact that they had a suited, ear-piece wearing bouncer-style guy with a total stoneface barring the entrance. :eek2:
    Would that be South Shields or North Shields? I work in South Shields and our doormen are actually called customer care officers. They were put in place for staff safety and customer safety. And yes you will find them in all jobcentre plus offices now.
    PussyKatty wrote:

Out of interest how much do job centre staff get paid?

I had to sign on when I was 18, there were some nice staff there and some really thick ones that couldn't even spell or use the computer properly.
    Not Enough!!
    1. doing a local search for jobs in east london provides you with jobs you didnt ask for in scotland, or manchester or sheffield

I thought Dorset was bad (asked it for jobs upto 15 miles away from my house in Yorkshire.) But my mate asked it to show him all local jobs and it offered him a job on a Carribean cruise. :lol: