Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How big a deal is sex?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just curious. DO you think it's a big deal or not?

Miss x

Comments

• Options
    To a certain extent but is not the be all and end all I'd say
  • Options
    I would say it is important in my relationship with my boyfriend, but we could cope without it. I've never wanted to not have sex, but I'm quite happy to just be with him watching tv or something. It certainly doesn't keep us together, but without it I'm not sure we would have lasted the year.
  • Options
    I think its fairly important for me. Its not the most important thing in my relationship, but its still fairly important for the time being.
    Hope it continues as long as possible :)
  • Options
    Its a big deal when youre not getting it...
  • Options
    Depends if you mean having sex is a big deal or sex in a relationship is a big deal or having sex is a big deal in way of what people think of you if you don't have it...

Is sex a big deal and is it important to have it?

I am not too sure, for me sex is a way of showing love to one an other, but for some it is also important to have it just to get some. Also sex can bring you sme of the most amazing sensation available to human.

Is sex a big deal in a relationship?

For me it isn't, I love having it and even having a lot, but my relationship is not based around it and I could be in a relationship without any. In a relationship Love is the key and sex is just a way of expressing your love but it is not the only way or the more important way.

Is sex a big deal and need to have it to look normal?

Then imo it's not, it's not a big deal to not have sex if everyone else does, everyone should do it when it feels right and not rush into it cos of mates/society pressure.
  • Options
    Don't get me wrong i love having sex...tis amazing ;-)

But there are many many things that are more important and that i'd rather do...tbh 9/10 id rather curl up with whoever i'm with, watch a movie, and just with our arms around each other without sex....

so no i don't think sex is that big a thing
  • Options
    Its like oxygen. Its not a big deal till your not getting any.
  • Options
    I think it's generally accepted that as you get older it's less of a big deal.
    And vice versa!

:D
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Its like oxygen. Its not a big deal till your not getting any.
    :yes:
    sexless relationships arent much fun at all, and wildly mis-matched sex drives can be really hard on the self esteem.
  • Options
    It's ok.
  • Options
    :yes:
    sexless relationships arent much fun at all, and wildly mis-matched sex drives can be really hard on the self esteem.

Definatly! I had to experience that. (well not really, I just overreact and freak out alot :p)
    After literally a month of being broken (aka period, I dont have sex during it) 2 days into me being able to have sex again, the second day I didn't get any and I just went off on the boyfriend the next morning. I just freaked out. I felt real bad about myself actually, thinking, you couldn't make an effort, am I that revolting. I went sexless crazy.
    God forbid he be dead tired, but still :p
  • Options
    Its not that big a deal, Dont get me wrong i love it, and it is an important part of a realationship, but if for some reason i could have it, i dont think id be too bothered.
  • Options
    i don't think that sex in it self is an essential part of a relationship, but sexual intimacy is. whether it's just cuddling up naked or more than that, i think it really keeps the bond there. yes, sex is a good thing, but it's not a huge deal.
  • Options
    i think it totally depends on an individual.

you cant just decide yes its a big deal - for some it is, for some it disnt.

I dont think its a "big deal" but i do think its pretty important and a really good thing, which is totally different lol but thats just in my opinion. :)
  • Options
    I don't think sex is much at all...at the end of the day i personally believe you don't enjoy sex unless your in love...yeh its slightly enjoyable but its not the same
  • Options
    Sex in a relationship is important. It's part of it. Sex is a drive and should not be repressed. Sex is the peak of trust and caring about the other one (in a RL) as it is, and reinforces everything what's between you two.

Sex in society? Not so sure. It seems to be more and more popular that sex is power. The more you're able to get, the more you'Re regarded in society.
    I don't like this thought, but I think it's just the way this all is developing.

Like many other people already said: Sex is only an issue to you, if you ain't getting it. Sex is something for the moment, you don't feel different after one week of no sex or 4 months of no sex, it's just not a lasting sensation.
  • Options
    It's only a problem if you're not getting any, either in a relationship or out of it.

It's not the most important thing in my life, but a relationship can't really survive without sex IMHO.
  • Options
    I can go without it. Sometimes I prefer not to have it, even. But when I wasn't getting it at all it was like >.<.
  • Options
    There is more to a relationship than just sex but I guess it can help bring people much closer together.
  • Options
    You only miss sex when you're not getting any.......
    In a relationship it's not the most important thing and in life it isn't either. But it's well frustrating when there is none available!
  • Options
    It is the peak of physical, tangible pleasure. I'd say it's desirable, but shouldn't be as socially important and biased as it is.