Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

veet hair removal cream

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
just wondering if anyone has tried it? ive spoken to people before who say these hair removal creams dont work, but if they didnt wk surely they wouldnt make money and stay on the shelves?
i just seen an advert for shower stuff that stays on while u shower, somehow cant see that happening but anyway....

yeah so, anyone who has tried it i would appreciate your views :D

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I tried it, had it on for barely 2 minutes, started to itch so I washed it off. Had burn spots all up and down my legs for the next week :grump: And the hair was still there.
    It doesn't work and it burns your skin. When I used it I was left with a big red rash.
    ooh, I was going to buy that. Note to self - DON'T!!
    Just wax!
    Im still sporting the scars on my legs from using this stuff 4 years ago
    i've used creams on my legs before, and they worked pretty well. you do smell a bit odd until you next wash though.

they are pretty expensive though, and use anywhere but my legs was rashtastic. i tried them on my pits once.

only once :(
    thanks for the advice guys, i think i won't bother! appreciated though :)
    I used removal creams for ages - I found regrowth was much slower and softer than with razors and you didn't have to grow a forest before removing again, as you do with waxing. They do smell a bit funny, but I did it in the mornings before I got into the shower and washed, after which you just smell clean.

Tis a wee bit messy but I always thought it was worth it. They shouldn't burn unless you have sensitive skin (in which case Veet have a special formula) or you leave it on too long - i never had any trouble with it burning. I only stopped using it in October because I went to uni and I found I used about half a tube every time I did my legs and armpits, and I buying that much was all a bit expensive once I had to pay rent too!!

If you're still put off then fair enough, but I'd say give it a go before you avoid it, a lot of people find it the best way, especially in terms of regrowth..
    I think it personal preference. I personally don't like them but you could give it a go and see how you get on.
    I think they are quite good. They left my legs feeling smooth, and moisturised, the hair didnt have to be very long before i did it.

But there are plenty of bad sides too which is why i dont actually use it. It smells wierd, is quite messy, time consumuing. It didnt burn me and as butterflykisses said it should only burn if you have sensitive skin (for which there is a special cream) or you do it wrong.

I think you should try it because it might work for you.
    Veet

I use Veet and have done for a few years (not every week, just occassionally). I personally find it fantastic if a little messy. It really does give you silky smooth legs. I experience a little bit of itchiness after each application but that's really to be expected and is less worse that waxing rash *ouch*.

The key here is to do a test patch 24 hours before application (as suggested in the instructions). If it irritates, don't use it.
    I like hair removal creams, they work well, i just cant stand the smell
    Coming from the person with the most sensitive skin on the face of the earth (iv got eczema), it works really well! :p

i think that your hairs have to be quite thinish though or it doesnt work too well. Btwoteva, it'd recomend trying :thumb:
    They do work, but are very expensive as you have to use looooads to do your legs.
    The key here is to do a test patch 24 hours before application (as suggested in the instructions). If it irritates, don't use it.
    I had a terrible experience with Veet (Immac) a few years ago. I did the patch test on my knee and it was absolutely fine although apparently the skin on the knees is less sensitive than the rest of your legs.

With me it felt really hot within a minute or so of application and then I jumped into the bath and attempted to get it off with cold water as quickly as I could but my skin had already started peeling off (like really bad sunburn) and was really sore... but the hair was still there!
    I used the leave on in the shower one the other week and it was fab. Left my legs feeling silky smooth. Only trouble is it does smell a bit! It amazingly does stay on in the shower as long as you dont get the direct water flow on it, full force! I tend t put it on before i get in and leave it bor a couple of minutes before i actually get in the shower. Regrowth is a bit softer too....and no reaction on my skin...but everyone is different :D
    I know this threads died and everything, but rather than create a new one and have everyone shout, i'll drag it up :D

I've just used the in shower one - my boilers broke so i can't have a bath, just showers, and the last time i attempted shaving my legs in a shower i dyed the bath red - so my mum bought it to see if it helped...

I'm impressed! There's a few random hairs left but they're rubbing off with the towel. I'm going to try it else where in a minute, but my legs are lovely and soft.
    If I have shaving rash, am I alright to use this or not?
    I wouldn't.... I can't remember what it said on the back, but I'm sure it was something like not to use it if you've shaved your legs n the last 72 hours or so... and any rash should be left alone anyway.

I can't check because it's all packed in my suitcase :D (because I'm going on holidayyyy)
    i swear by veet. they work well for me.
    sad story..

veet didn't work for me.. i think it works best with very fine hairs like facial hairs... :no: