Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Where from, and where now

Comments

• Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    migpilot wrote:
    So, I have to ask!
    Are you an AEK, Olympiakos or Panathanaikos fan?
    None. I'm not interested in 22 loons chasing a big ball. :p
    Just not interested in football at all, never been. And the attitude of most people (over here) who are sickens me.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    belfast, belfast, and here to stay
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    its because I have moved all over the country love! I've lived in all them places and im only just 22!
    Ok, but what are "bellffs"?
    And the attitude of most people (over here) who are sickens me.

I've been in Hellas many times, but you gonna have to explain that to me...
    What attitude?
    Ok, but what are "bellffs"?

wankers who come chasing after you for money etc
    The attitude of shouting and honking and having a party when their team has won a game, as if they had escaped death or something, and of swearing and beating others up when a team loses (though that's mainly the hooligans) when their team loses, as if someone had killed their whole family. And also the shouting and throwing things at people and players of the opposite team.
    Generally acting like a football game is a war that decides the fate of mankind.
    Well, there are hooligans everywhere and there are passionate supporters everywhere, although I think they should ban the torches in Greece...
    Greeks have got a mean streak and some of them choose to exploit it!!

So yeah, I get what you mean.
    Born in Hackney, London now live in the ghetto of Gillingham, Kent.
    Born in small village in the Highlands. Now in Sheffield.

may i ask which small village?, just im from a small vilalge in the highlands as well :yes:
    Born in Bucks, live in Bucks.
    born in burnley, live in burnley, die in burnley as a local phrase goes. currently im gisburn, barlick, nelson, burnley, manchester, burnley, manchester, burnley. and waht?!?
    born in aylesbury, live in aylesbury, uni in leeds, currently residing in beijing, china
    From Glasgow and now living in Aberdeen.
    from weathersfield (in essex I think) moved when I was one to white notley, essex, moved then to paisley, renfrewshire to be with my gf a few months ago, moving to esex over summer while we sell the flat, then off to aberdeen (or on the outskirks were house prices ae cheaper
    Chesterfield, Bucks, Lufs
    Hellfire wrote:
    then off to aberdeen (or on the outskirks were house prices ae cheaper

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! ;)

And don't kid yourself about the prices being cheaper on the outskirts. Aberdeen is Uber expensive at the moment. The value of my house has gone up £60k in 12months!!
    Mmm. a few flats we looked at been going cheapish, should get cheaper near end of year when many students sell up :D

Somewhere like Dyce, from what the partners parents have looked at they're alot cheaper,
    Hellfire wrote:
    should get cheaper near end of year when many students sell up :D

students? buying houses.....?

:eek2:
    I know alot of students up here who own flats etc,

I mean my gf does, there quite cheap up here, my gf got hers for £34k n its now selling for bout $60k, add that on to the new moregage and its bout $70k easily enough for a new place in deen,
    Hellfire wrote:
    I know alot of students up here who own flats etc,

:eek2: :eek2:

most students i knew barely had enough money to buy food, let alone secure a mortgage.

even if you bought one for £34,000, that would still involve having a £11,500 per year job, surely...?
    parents garenture (sp) £130 a month morgage iirc

when we move to deen the morgage is only £300 a month (we're transfering the current one)
    Flats in Dyce are on the market for offers of over £65k-£80k so expect to pay about £75k-£100k. Good luck!!

Might be worth looking into renting also as market is alright in Aberdeen for renting.
    Were not keen on renting as we own a flat already it seems pointless, I'm not sure whats going on, her parents are sorting it all out etc, All i know is they have the money for the flat etc once this one is sold, it flys over my head tbh :p
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I'm originally from Bitterne in Southampton but now live in a village called Nomansland in the New Forest.
    Weekender Offender 
    I'm from Darite, Cornwall. Now, six houses later, I'm in Tremar Coombe, Cornwall.. about 1 mile away :s.
    Born in Bristol, then lived in cornwall for 19 years, have passed through cardiff since and now I'm living it up, if you can call it that, in essex.
    Born in Germany, lived in several places in Germany/Holland, and several places in UK. Now live in Bristol. It's such a hoot :yeees:
    Born in Newcastle, bred there and in Sunderland... at Uni in Lancaster for a wee while longer. Am temporarily in the Toon at the moment though. :thumb:
    I'm from Barking in the Essex/London area.. Annnnnnnnnd.. am still in same place. :p I'll be moving out when i go to uni in a coupla years..
    Born in Sutton in Surrey.... lived in the same house all my life...

Currently house hunting though, but I want to stay in the same sort of area for now because of work and friends.