Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

War `humour'

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://www.mnftiu.cc/mnftiu.cc/war.html

gotta love that clip-art

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Great............

They sure know how to swear dont they.

P.S..The whole thing about the food packages dropping on mine fields is a myth.

"Let's roll......" Todd Beamer, American Hero
    Hilarious and spot on.
    Originally posted by Balddog:
    The whole thing about the food packages dropping on mine fields is a myth.

If its not a post about FACTS its a post about "myths", and how would you know? I'll be seeing you on the politics forum young man!
    Capt Kirk,

A fact is something that has actually happened or is 1005 true.

A myth, in this case is something that never happened but was a rumour spread around by those opposed to the actions of the US..They know there are mines in Afghanistan and they know the US is dropping aid so OBVIOUSLY the US are dropping the aid packages directly into the mine fields.

A fact is something that has actually happened or is 100% true.

A myth, in this case is something that never happened but was a rumour spread around

As in the Myth of smart bombs and the Facts of death by friendly fire
    Theres no myth about smart bombs...They are massively accurate compared to 'dumb' bombs..Nobody has ever claimed they hit their targets 100% of the time, not even their designers.

Friendly fire myths? Do you mean civilian deaths? There have been no friendly fire deaths in Afghanistan

Theres no myth about smart bombs...They are massively accurate compared to 'dumb' bombs..
    Nobody disputes this
    Nobody has ever claimed they hit their targets 100% of the time, not even their designers.
    No, but they talk as if they are. When they talk about surgical strikes, they don't mention the surgeon in partiular has a serious case of the DTs. What is an "unavoidable civilian casualty"? doesn't sound to me like someone hit by an off target bomb

Friendly fire myths? Do you mean civilian deaths? There have been no friendly fire deaths in Afghanistan

I wasn't thinking of those in Afghanistan, but if UN workers aren't friendlies...
    Nobody disputes this

What did you mean by the smart bomb myth then? I wasnt sure.
    but if UN workers aren't friendlies

Sorry Ive always thought of 'friendly fire' being only said by soldiers. Never heard it used anywhere else. As far as I know, nobody has ever disputed these people were killed by US bombs have they?