Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

car window

My car was broken into last night and they smashed the mini back window. I dont want to go through insurance cos I'll loose my no claims so was wondering if anyone knew how much it would likely set me back to get it fixed?

Word of warning to other car owners: dont leave MP3 players on show when your not in the car:(
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    What car is it? Might be an idea to check for spares on Ebay.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Its a peagot 309
  • Options
    get on to autoglass. You never know, it might be fixable without losing the no claims.
  • Options
    Zella wrote:
    Its a peagot 309
    what year is the peugeot?

if its a non bonded glass,then you could go to a scrap yard and get one.
    its easy to fit,all you need is a bit of string.i can tell you how to do it if required.

if it is bonded then just call auto windscreens.i don't think it will be to dear for a quaterlight.
  • Options
    you could try a scrap yard^^^ my bad i dint see that reply

if you knew sum 1 tht can fit it for you..thats the cheapest way
  • Options
    My mum's back window was smashed on her Suzuki Vitara a few years ago and all they stole was a soft rhino toy that was on the back shelf! I think she has it done by autoglass without claiming on the insurance. My boyfriend's mum put my boyfriends wallet on the backseat to remind her to give it back to him after he accidently left it in the door pocket, an hour later and the back window had been smashed and his wallt gone. IThey didn't have it done on insurance either I don't think. Not sure how much it would be though I'm afraid
  • Options
    To be honest, just go to Autoglass or Auto Windscreens and get it done there.

A quarterlight window will be about £40-£50, annoying but not a huge amount.
  • Options
    you might be able to go through your insurance without losing your no claims. my back window was smashed a while ago and through my insurance company i paid #50 i think it was and it was fixed without me having to claim. if its only the little window though, it shouldnt cost too much, so like everyone else has said, its probably easiset to go through autowindscreens or something.
  • Options
    true, but that only works if you are fully comp, no?
    You should have about £60 excess for window smashes on your policy, so phone them up they will probably take £40 and that's it, should not affect your no claims...
  • Options
    oh yeah, thats true- you would need fully comp.
  • Options
    Zella wrote:
    Word of warning to other car owners: dont leave MP3 players on show when your not in the car:(

Also emtpying the glove box and leaving it open shows thieves you've got nothing to steal in there either.