Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Im always hungry

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Sorry if this is in the wrong area, but this is a food question - where do they go?

What do you guys eat to make you full? Because I haven't felt full in a couple of months. I am constantly hungry, and feel like I am starving myself - but really I am not. I have checked my protein intake, as I am vegetarian - lots of bean pulses, milk and eggs. And I am definitley getting enough calories! So how do I make myself feel full. I am not fat (size 8) but I dont really want to put on weight by over eating.

It is weird because I do actually get to the point where I get the 'I am stuffed can't eat another bite' feeling. But AT THE SAME TIME I get the 'mmm food, I'm starving, wheres dinner?' feeling. Should I be going to the doctors?

For example last night I ate : Three pitta breads with salad. A large plate of chana masala and rice (chickpeas with various spices), a banana, three biscuits, two hotcross buns, two glasses of juice, and four jam and banana sandwiches. That was in one meal, and I didnt exactly starve myself the rest of the day either. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!?!

Some one please help!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I do, I eat until I can eat no more. But as I said, even when I am full to being sick, I still feel hungry. Just ate dinner and guess what? Im still hungry.
    I'm like that too actually. I'll be stuffed to the point of feeling like you need to puke, and there will be some cheetos sitting there and I"ll just grab them and start eating. I wish I knew why too!
    Rice normally fills me up. Or pasta.
    Nope no drugs, I hardly drink, dont smoke. Pasta is one of the worst things I can eat to keep me hungry. Rice, not so bad, but lasts only four or five minutes. The thing I have found that curbs hunger for the longest is cereal or biscuits (maybe half an hour) grr this is soo annoying! Maybe I should go see a doctor?
    there could be a few reasons for always feeling hungry.. you should go see a doctor especially because its been going on for a few months. i doubt its anything serious though.
    Oky doky does anyone have a web link on the causes? Maybe I should have posted in the health forum...
    A plate full of McCain Homefries does the trick for me! :yes:
    i would move this thread to the health forum :)
    Have you tried drinking a few glasses of water?Helps me.
    Eat pasta :yes: Its very filling compared to some foods.
    Eat pasta or rice as it fills you up. And if you do get hungry, snack on fruit or nuts.
    Some people mistake thirst for hunger.
    OK I dont think it is that either cos I drink maybe five pints of water a day? How many are you supposed to have?
    I don't know but i know i drink alot more than most. Some need more than others.
    Normally when your body is going "mmm food" even when you feel full, is because you're missing something from your diet, maybe you're missing fats or iron.
    i find that oatmeal (with milk) is very filling!! so id suggest that.. i also find nuts and food WITH nuts filling too... especially in cereals.
    im always craving food like you too but lately ive been trying to curb myself. the worst time was when i had a huuuuge bowl of pasta with tuna (which by itself is very filling) and even though i KNEW that i was full, i still ate a yorkie, kit kat chunky and a boost straight afterwards.. and even then i wanted more. its awful. i wish i had a faster metabolism and be able to eat whatever i want :impissed:
    I thought it was that too. I drink milk and take fat tablets, so its not fat. I take a full range of vitamin, calcium and iron tablets because I used to be anaemic. Its not protein because I have about 50 g a day, and that is about right. I eat lots of fruit and veg, at least 6 portions a day. Only thing is eat too much sugary things really. And lots of carbohydrates too.