Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

engagement present

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Any ideas for what I can get my mate and her Fiancé as an engagement present? I've never got one before so I can't think what to get them.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I never heard of engagement present tbh, marriage present yes, but never engagement one... I don't think an engagement require friends to give them a present...

Otherwise if they live together, maybe a duvet set, or some towel "him/her", something they can both enjoy and use...

If they don't live together just a nice bottle and some candles so they can enjoy them on a nice romantic evening...
    Get them a card and save your money for the wedding present tbh. Or a new dress or something.
    Yeah, a card sounds good. You really don't give presents for engagements. Its more between the two people than others.
    Yeah I agree with the others but if they're moving in together too then you could get them a housewarming/engagement present like something nice for the house.

If they're not then I wouldn't bother with a present as such, if you're having a night out with them maybe club together with some mates and get them a bottle of champagne.
    Something like a photo frame so they can put a photo of the two of them in it? or maybe thats a bit tacky..