Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Tesco

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm thinking of applying for a weekend job at Tesco. I'm 16 and I'm just wondering how much I would get paid per hour?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    __tink wrote:
    I'm thinking of applying for a weekend job at Tesco. I'm 16 and I'm just wondering how much I would get paid per hour?

only place you can be sure, would be to ask the tescos in question
    Depending on what you're doing, pay varies...depending on how much customer contact you have. Well that's what it is like at our local tesco. At our local tesco I think the pay hovers around £4.20-4.50 an hour
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I worked for Tescos on the Wines and Spirits - it was shit.

McDonalds was a far better job.
    Weekender Offender 
    I worked in Mc'Donalds for 4 years.

I wouldn't recommend anyone going to work for their company :no:
    i started there just over 4 years ago when i was 16 and i earnt umm £3.86 or something i think. i'm now on £5.86 or something!
    *Stacey* wrote:
    I worked in Mc'Donalds for 4 years.

I wouldn't recommend anyone going to work for their company :no:

I had a fucking good laugh - the hours are more flexible - and they pay better. Beats Tesco's hands down.
    Weekender Offender 
    I think i got around £3.80 an hour basic wage when i was 16. Though it went up on Sundays.
    Skive wrote:
    I had a fucking good laugh - the hours are more flexible - and they pay better. Beats Tesco's hands down.
    It might be a laugh at times but the actual work you have to do is shit.
    *Stacey* wrote:
    It might be a laugh at times but the actual work you have to do is shit.

If you can have a craic at the same time who cares if the work is shit. Tesco's has got to be one of the worst employers I've come across. The job was jank.
    Weekender Offender 
    I think when you start now its £4.20 if you're 16, and then it goes up to £4.80 when you have been there a bit longer then £5.25 and then to £5.85 if you are over 18 and have been there more than a year, but it's always changing. If you woek sundays you get time and half though which is an easy way to make a few more pennies.
    beans wrote:
    I think when you start now its £4.20 if you're 16, and then it goes up to £4.80 when you have been there a bit longer then £5.25 and then to £5.85 if you are over 18 and have been there more than a year, but it's always changing. If you woek sundays you get time and half though which is an easy way to make a few more pennies.

haven't they stopped time and a half for new starters now?

time and a quarter or normal rate i heard.
    lol i remember going down my local tescos when i turned old enough to work, went down there all smartly dressed and showed them my amazing gcse's........bastards still didn't give me the job, i thought damn if i can't get a job here i might as well quit trying, that's when i became 'self-employed' and never looked back.....
    haven't they stopped time and a half for new starters now?

time and a quarter or normal rate i heard.

Not for people i know, they get time and half same as me.

Sod working Sundays tho it's my day off :p
    beans wrote:
    Not for people i know, they get time and half same as me.

Sod working Sundays tho it's my day off :p

sod working monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday, friday and saturdays..they're my days off!