Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Respect? Join our advisory group

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
You might have seen our recent Respect survey we’ve been running here on TheSite.org….

Would you like to stay involved in our campaign? If so, you can do so in one of two ways:

The Advisory Group: We are now looking for a group of people between the ages of 16 and 24 to join our RESPECT campaign advisory group, which aims to support our campaign to tackle the negative representation of young people by the media.

We are offering full media training; you will develop media skills so that you can speak to the press about issues that affect young people. The position is voluntary, although travelling costs will be paid, plus overnight accommodation for those living outside Greater London.

The group will be meeting 6 times in the next 12 months, with 3 meetings between now and the beginning of July and 3 meetings after that. The meetings are expected to be held between 6pm – 8pm on weekdays, so you must be able to get to London by this time. You’ll also need to communicate with other members of the group regularly over email, so a reliable internet connection is required.

If you would like to apply to be part of this group, please PM Lucie who is organising the group. We’ll send you an application form to complete and we may call for an informal chat to discuss the position with you.

Applications must be returned to us by 2nd May 2006.

Tell us your story: Do you feel you have been treated differently because of the way you are represented in the media? Do you have a story to tell that could add to the message we are trying to get across? If so, please PM me with your story. You won’t have to talk to any journalists, but your story may be published in the report we are writing to support our campaign. You can choose to remain anonymous.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ooh consider lucie pm'd
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    ooh consider lucie pm'd
    Me too. But only so I can see MrG again, ya know.
  • Options
    piccolo wrote:
    Me too. But only so I can see MrG again, ya know.
    :)
  • Options
    This is age-ism at its worst!
  • Options
    but they're going to change the views of oldies like you. :p
  • Options
    but they're going to change the views of oldies like you. :p

Bloody kids, getting above yourselves!
  • Options
    i'm going to complain to the highest authority about this ...us old folk ridiculing youngsters has been a passionate blood sport for centuries!
    by the way who is the highest ...oh yeah ...that'd be me then ...