Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Blatant publicity stunt...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
\
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    :eek:
  • Options
    AAAAAAAAAAARGH! Why do I even know who these people are?

:(

On a semi-related not, some numpty's idea of a great compliment the other night was to tell me I looked like her. :no:
  • Options
    Have no idea who the fuck they are...
  • Options
    Wait a minute. This happens every day to 'normal' people and things work out fine for them. So why not them?

Saying that she is the dipiest cow I think I've EVER heard so she probably doesn't even realise what's happening.
  • Options
    Have no idea who the fuck they are...

She's some wannabe dipstick who can't act for toffee and he's a singer out of a band called The Ordinary Boys. I quite like him (only in an immoral i'd not kick him out of bed way though). She just annoys me but fair play to her for getting where she wants to go.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    Wait a minute. This happens every day to 'normal' people and things work out fine for them. So why not them?

Saying that she is the dipiest cow I think I've EVER heard so she probably doesn't even realise what's happening.

You're right. They could live together in the harmonious bliss of ignorance for the rest of their publicity-whoring lives... at least some people have faith in their tru wuv. ;)

His ex-girlfriend was - by all accounts - an intelligent, beautiful woman and he shat on her from a great height at the first whiff of a more lucrative and marketable relationship. I do think he is a bigger wally than she is, but she is criminally stupid and takes pride in looking like Paris Hilton. Eww. That's my take on it.

Also, that band he's in is turd. The end. :)
  • Options
    Carolina wrote:
    She's some wannabe dipstick who can't act for toffee and he's a singer out of a band called The Ordinary Boys. I quite like him (only in an immoral i'd not kick him out of bed way though). She just annoys me but fair play to her for getting where she wants to go.

Ok so basically i aint missing out by not knowing them...
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    :yes: agreed.

:thumb:

The people at Heat will be salivating to the point of drowning at this news..
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    "Chantelle Needs You! Chantelle is fronting a dating show and she's on the lookout for single girls who want to up the glamour and bag a man".

Ha ha ha, because she's so glamorous. Not the first word that springs to my mind..

What I resent about Chantelle and her ilk most of all is that the public love her (and all those BB nobodies) because they're so normal and JUST LIKE YOU AND ME (?). Since when were being "normal", witless and self-seeking the qualities we celebrated in our public figures. Famous for pretending to be famous on a show featuring people who aren't really famous anymore... :chin:
  • Options
    She annoys the fuck out of me. The pair of them can go get locked away in some big brother house for eternity for all I care. Publicity stunt or not, they're still allowed to get engaged after however many months. Although I'm sure heat/ok/hello/annoying blonde bint weekly would be, as briggi so correctly put it, salivating to the point of drowning...

Urgh.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    What kind of fucking name is Chantelle? Guessing her mum hoped she'd grow up to be a hairdresser.
  • Options
    Does it though?

If any of my friends were about to marry a man she'd known for three months, I'd think she was crazy. You don't know anyone properly that early on, and I'm convinced they wouldn't be doing it so early if not for the fact that their agents/publicists etc have told them that they'll get shit loads of money from stupid celeb gossip magazines, but they need to do it as soon as possible, before the public forget about them.
    My dad proposed after three months, only thing that ended it was my mum dying, after 26 years.
  • Options
    He has to do something to stop the downward spiral of his bands popularity in the face of greatly superior musical talent.
  • Options
    I totally agree with this. Why has stupidity and vacuousness suddenly become a positive personality trait? I blame Jade Goody, although maybe it began earlier than that.

Yeah, it's difficult to pinpoint exactly when it came about. Jade Goody seems like as good a guess as any.

It's sad, and sadder that these are the people who the bright, young things now aspire to be like. Can you think of one intelligent, opinionated woman who has done well out of this reality TV phase? If anyone mentions Carol Thatcher, I'll have to punch them. Hard.

At least Chantelle has a good prospective title for the (ghost-written, pointless) autobiography that will doubtlessly be out before the year's up - Ordinary girl meets Ordinary Boy, or how I learned to stop respecting myself and milk the docile general public for all they're worth. Though maybe that's a bit wordy.. ;)
  • Options
    I read somewhere that she's 'pregnant'. FFS. She was ok in CBB but know she's a fucking annoying witch.

'Oh my gawwwd!11!1111!one!!!'

SHUT THE FUCK UP!
  • Options
    "Oh my gawwwwwwdddddddd!!!!!!!"

They are engaged?! After three months? How can you possibly decide that you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody after three months?

I actually really liked Chantelle on Big Brother but I hate Preston. The way he treated his girlfriend was awful.

I don't agree with them getting engaged so early on in their relationship but hey, if they are happy...
  • Options
    Think they are both prats, but good luck to them. The odds are stacked against it to last.
  • Options
    Like all 'celebrity' relationships, after 3 months, it's bound to end in tears. But ha, not my problem!
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    :thumb:

The people at Heat will be salivating to the point of drowning at this news..

Good. I hate Heat.

I saw Chantelle when I was in London. She is actually pretty in real life. None of that horrid orange lipstick.
  • Options
    Bet if they get married, they'll divorce within three months too
  • Options
    To quote the Sun which was in the office today...

'Chantelle, famous for saying "Oh my God"...'

• Options
    To quote the Sun which was in the office today...

'Chantelle, famous for saying "Oh my God"...'

She blatently ripped off that quote from Janice from Friends. :p What a geek that dude is though. Ouch.
  • Options
    You bunch of cynics :p

She hardly 'stole' him. It takes two to tango. Good luck to em.
  • Options
    What makes me think :nervous: isn't the fact that they've only known each other for three months or so... but the fact that only a couple of months ago he popped the question to another girl. It's as if he just wants to get married and isn't that bothered who to.