Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Leadership

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So, linking on to that other poster about "joining the navy as an officer", I am quite fancying the life of Jack (or Jack's CO anyway). Anyways, to get to the Britannia Royal Naval College, Dartmouth you have to pass the Admiralty Interview Board and I know the first question will be about my experience of being a leader... Oh dear :confused: . Where on earth can I get the opportunity to lead people? Voluntary work? Travelling expedition style?

Cheers guys.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Coaching a sport could be a good idea...
    Cheers for the suggestion. Yeah, I have a black belt in karate but stopped training over 5 years ago as my instructor was a bullying cunt. I don't think I can remember enough to actually teach though and therein lies the problem - I'm not actually good enough at anything to teach/lead/manage people.
    Practice a bit- you might surprise yourself with how quickly you can get back to your previous level. Try phoning around you local youth centres to see if there are any positions available.