Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Freebies...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Remember those amazon £5 vouchers we got for doing that survey? Well I used mine to buy a book, the total price of which, including the delivery, was about £10. They tried to deliver it, but failed, and it ended up being returned to amazon. So I emailed them, and they refunded me the whole price, not just the amount I paid without the voucher. I was chuffed :D

So have you ever wangled free stuff or money? And no, thieving does not count! Cheeky or skillful is good though...

Comments

• Options
    I used my voucher on the day I got it, thinking it expired the same day. I misread the year but whatever :p
  • Options
    A got a rather expensive book off a drug rep once. :D
  • Options
    i've got some mp3 player speakers and a mini optic mouse for my laptop that were given to my mum by a drug rep! we also have countless mugs and pens.

my mum has also had a lawnmower and a phone off a catalogue for free after they never took the money out of her account.
  • Options
    i've got some mp3 player speakers and a mini optic mouse for my laptop that were given to my mum by a drug rep! we also have countless mugs and pens.
    Good grab.

Pharmaceutical mugs :heart:
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I like telling checkout staff at Tesco there is a buy one get one free when there isn't, or a "two for £1.50" deal on kick. When there isn't.
  • Options
    returned a dvd but forgot to put this disk back, so i was given £12.99 for a box.

i always blag under 16 tickets at football matches even though im nothing like 15.

long story but ive earned a few free pints at various pubs due to inside knowledge.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    I like telling checkout staff at Tesco there is a buy one get one free when there isn't, or a "two for £1.50" deal on kick. When there isn't.

what? staff on the tills can't do anything on the tills to change the promotions. if a customer said something was buy one get one free someone would go check it out and only if it actually was would you get it free. :)
  • Options
    what? staff on the tills can't do anything on the tills to change the promotions. if a customer said something was buy one get one free someone would go check it out and only if it actually was would you get it free. :)

if you take the posh organges out of the packet they get all confused and charge you 9p for the cheapest ones. (not that i do that often or anything :nervous: )
  • Options

was thinking that myself
  • Options
    olaola wrote:
    if you take the posh organges out of the packet they get all confused and charge you 9p for the cheapest ones. (not that i do that often or anything :nervous: )

i'm a checkout girl at tesco. :p

i'll watch out for that 1!

eta: geek moment...i'm sure single oranges are 16p or something. :p
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    :no: Buy one get one free's work if it is an item that often has it - e.g: Coke, biscuits, crisps etc. You got to learn what things they put offers on alot.

And as for kick - they can. I say "The two for £1.50 offer is on" and they put it in as £1.50. I thought of doing it after they charged me for two when the offer WAS actually on - they changed it - so I thought "will that work when it isnt on?" it seems to.
  • Options
    Tobacco. I collected the bits from the bottom of a few pouches and out them into one, sent off with a letter saying as a loyal customer I was dissapointed with the quality etc. They sent me back a full packet (twice the weight of he one I sent) and included a stamp to reimburse me for my costs... :D
  • Options
    i'm a checkout girl at tesco. :p

i'll watch out for that 1!

:lol: yup, i know, when i said "you" i was just reffering to anyone.

im only aware of this trick as mate who works in Tescos told me about it, and your proberly right about the price being 16p. if only that worked with good stuff like beer, then i'd be tescos favourite customer
  • Options
    I went into Scottish Hydro Electric about 8 years back now to buy a portable TV. I had the cash in my pocket but they were doing a "buy now pay 6 months later" deal. So I thought magic. I'll get the TV now pay it later and with the cash I'll get something else. So I did.

About 2 months later I got a letter from them to let me know that payment was due soon and to get in touch. So I went into the shop to explain that it was a 6 month not 3 month deal. The salesman went onto a computer and checked up and changed something somewhere.

8 years on I haven't heard a thing. I can only assume the pimply youth wiped out the transaction. And the TV still works.

Boost.
  • Options
    the trick that my friends do at tesco is to peel the reduced stickers of the crap and stick them on the tesco finest then go through the self service. I'm honest and would never do such a thing, however.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    :no: Buy one get one free's work if it is an item that often has it - e.g: Coke, biscuits, crisps etc. You got to learn what things they put offers on alot.

And as for kick - they can. I say "The two for £1.50 offer is on" and they put it in as £1.50. I thought of doing it after they charged me for two when the offer WAS actually on - they changed it - so I thought "will that work when it isnt on?" it seems to.

you don't work at tesco do you.

we don't actually have the capability on the checkouts anymore to change the price of things unless you're a supervisor.
  • Options
    Haha come to Co-op, we can still change prices!

Offers at Co-op are great, for example: if something is on bogof the till takes the price of one of the products off the total bill. But if the products are reduced because of a short date or whatever, it will still take the money off them. I got two pizzas for something like 50p once, when they should've been about £4 on the offer!
  • Options
    Haha come to Co-op, we can still change prices!

Offers at Co-op are great, for example: if something is on bogof the till takes the price of one of the products off the total bill. But if the products are reduced because of a short date or whatever, it will still take the money off them. I got two pizzas for something like 50p once, when they should've been about £4 on the offer!

yeh that happens at tesco sometimes! if something is reduced but still on offer.