Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Where should the national stadium go?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Where do you think it should go and why.
>London.
>Birmingham.
>Coventry.
>Manchester.

Comments

• Options
    London, no question about it.

Theres no benefits that I can see that would cause me to think that any other city is better than London.

Its a national stadium so surely it should go in the largest, most populated, rich city in the country. Its also the capital which is another very big reason.

There is the argument that those cities are closer to the centre of England. This argument really doesnt work because the population is much more densely packed down south therefore there are more people in the south who wanna go to the stadium.

Much as I despise London, its the only viable city for the stadium.

"An Englishman's never so natural as when he's holding his tongue." --Henry James
  • Options
    London. They already have it there, and are used to it. Anywhere else would have to get used to international football louts.
  • Options
    London, definitley.
    It is a magnificent city, and the idea that the national stadium is put somewhere like Birmingham is scary!

• Options
    You already have one- its called the Millenium Stadium and its in Cardiff.
  • Options
    Last time I checked Cardiff was in Wales.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Balddog:
    Last time I checked Cardiff was in Wales.

Fortunately

• Options
    The demographic centre of England is Worcester.

I don't think we need a National Stadium, Cup Finals at Cardiff, with thr National Team touring the large grounds around teh country is working well and should continue.

Why should England only play in London.

If you have to have a national stadium, Wembley is teh last place to put it, most UK fans, the England team and the Manager don't want it there, and unless the government cough up millions, it is not economically viable.

P