Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Most expensive sandwich in the world?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    turlough wrote:
    Anyone that sells of buys an £85 sandwhich is a twat. End of story, hundreds of millons of people are starving to death all over the world and all we can think of is making and eating expensive sandwhiches!
    exactly.what does buying an £85 sandwich say about the person that bought it?
  • Options
    Boyfriends best friend would buy it just to prove his bank account :\

My new question, how much profit are they making off the sandwich?
  • Options
    Probably about £83.70!
  • Options
    what if you bought it, bit it and dint like it
  • Options
    Then you've just wasted £85.
  • Options
    Bit much for a beef sarnie :p
  • Options
    I'd rather have 85 quids worth of bacon sarnies than have that overpriced slab of meat. Curious to know if people say it's all it's cracked up to be when they finally have it.
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    it actually looks very nice! wouldnt buy it tho. might try recreate it...i made a quality sandwich once for about £5. and i thought that was a lot

?action=view&current=IMAGE_00147.jpg

it was massive, but beautiful, a work of art
    criminal! no butter!
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    criminal! no butter!
    :yes: its gotta have butter. Id have also probably put a bit of salad in that
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Anyone that sells of buys an £85 sandwhich is a twat. End of story, hundreds of millons of people are starving to death all over the world and all we can think of is making and eating expensive sandwhiches!

Oh no, someone is paying a lot for a sandwich, therefore they are scum of the earth, think of the children! Just because it's in a sandwich people are saying it's stupid, minus the bread and stick it on a plate with some veg instead, people wouldn't say anything really with those kind of ingredients.

That £85 was going to be spent on something and it wasn't a donation to oxfam or those "poor starving children in africa", so what difference does it make what they spend it on?

Just a pet hate people saying, "oh but think of the starving people in..." wheneevr something expensive or overpiced is mentioned. On that principle we should be all eating stuff we grow ourselves/the cheapest thing we can find and donating the rest to charity. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I dont like butter on sandwichs, doesnt really settle well on sandwichs for me, i only really have it on toast.

i could eat a sandwich right now...mm
  • Options
    It's the ridiculous, ostentatious treatment of the cows that sticks out to me. If the cow was being massaged for its own enjoyment/health then I'd take no issue, but massaging a cow in rice wine and making beer a main part of its diet in order to make it taste better to some fucking fatcat of a "human being" is just reprehensible to me.

Eating Foie Gras is inexcusable, imo.
  • Options
    Oh no, someone is paying a lot for a sandwich, therefore they are scum of the earth, think of the children! Just because it's in a sandwich people are saying it's stupid, minus the bread and stick it on a plate with some veg instead, people wouldn't say anything really with those kind of ingredients.

That £85 was going to be spent on something and it wasn't a donation to oxfam or those "poor starving children in africa", so what difference does it make what they spend it on?

Just a pet hate people saying, "oh but think of the starving people in..." wheneevr something expensive or overpiced is mentioned. On that principle we should be all eating stuff we grow ourselves/the cheapest thing we can find and donating the rest to charity. :rolleyes:

Hahahahahaha marry me?
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    whats mine is mine and i shall spend as i want! :p
  • Options
    exactly, noone has the right to tell anyone how to spend their money, they earn it (well most people) and therefore they have the right to decide what to spend it on. if i had the money it'd be £85 sandwichs all round.
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Eating Foie Gras is inexcusable, imo.

it has been made for years tho, its not the most pleasant experience, people who eat it should be made to see how its made tho. personally i think its delicious but thats just me. There seems to be some methods of making stuff that people seem to ignore such as veal farming, but thats widely available.
  • Options
    Everyone has the right to spend their money on whatever they want. Maladjusted is right, if those ingredients weren't between two slices of bread no one would be saying anything about the price. Yes, in an ideal world we'd all give more to charity and the world would be equal etc, however it isn't and we just have to do the best we can. Bringing it into a conversation about a sandwich ain't gonna help is it?
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    it has been made for years tho, its not the most pleasant experience, people who eat it should be made to see how its made tho. personally i think its delicious but thats just me. There seems to be some methods of making stuff that people seem to ignore such as veal farming, but thats widely available.

You're right, there are loads of very questionable methods of "farming". I could reel off a list of repulsive practices, but foie gras is mentioned as part of that sandwich.

I know it's been made for years, but really, what difference does that make? With all the information now freely available on how it gets to your plate I don't see how people talk themselves round to thinking the horrendous suffering of an animal is less important than their desire to eat something yummy for their dindins. They obviously haven't scratched the surface of the practices used to produce it, but would probably be too hedonistic to care anyway. :yeees:
  • Options
    Just remember children people are starving not because there isnt' enough food in the world but because what there is is just not distributed fairly.

Also Oxfam have absolutely loads of money - if you want to make a difference then i'd give the cash to a smaller charity where it will be more appreciated.

Not that i'm dissing oxfam that much but the rest of us can't afford to have massive advertising campaigns.....
  • Options
    yeah you maybe right, there are plenty of animals that suffer to get to our plates, such as the slitting of animals throats, even bolt guns to a certain extent are not very dignified and not always instant.

i once saw a programme on tv about the making of gras, and it was quite graphic, i have however eaten it since and feel comfortable with it, i guess its all down to personal opinion.

but anyway, back to the sandwich
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    It doesn't look that nice to me, but then it's made with things I've never heard of.

I'd rather have an £85 easter egg. Now that might last me a week. :chin:
  • Options
    I'm considering writing something where this sandwich is representative of everything that's wrong with this society and its inhabitants, I could just as easily do this with a Balenciaga handbag or whatever it is that that famewhore in designer hobo-clothing Sienna Miller has dangling off her arm this week. :thumb:

Bottom line of my opinion is that I think it's decadent, though if a person can't see past the actual slice of bread and piece of meat to the underlying principle then they probably won't agree. ;)

I will concede that I love sourdough bread, but not as part of a sandwich. :yuck:
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote:
    Just remember children people are starving not because there isnt' enough food in the world but because what there is is just not distributed fairly.

And ain't that the truth!

Which charity do you work for, just out of interest (and if you don't me asking..)?
  • Options
    They're hungry because we give money to any old despot who would rather a war with general Mumbongo across the border than feed their citizens!
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    criminal! no butter!

Yeah, could never eat something like that without some kind of spread on it
  • Options
    well, i wouldn't say that most rich people deserve to be rich while the poor deserve to be poor, but even if you think that is true...

i still think there is something pretty immoral about tucking into an £85 sandwich when there are millions of people in the world who don't have clean water, let alone enough food. and i am not just saying that about sandwiches - people who spend thousands on bottles of champagne are twats as well imo.
    i agree,its not like buying a ferrari because a ferrari is worth the money,and good luck to you if you can afford it.its not a waste at least.
    buying a sandwich for £85 is clearly not worth it,you may just as well throw the money in the street!
    your just basically saying,"i'm a rich cunt with no morals,and don't give a fuck!".
    ive nothing against rich people, but i hate twats that are arogant with it and buying that sandwich i believe makes that statement.
  • Options
    How is foie gras made?

[/stupid veggie]