Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Keyboard / Webcam

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello.

So my keyboard is broken and i am in need of a new one. Here's where you come in. I would like you're recommendations as to which keyboard to buy. I'm looking to buy a wireless keyboard preferably with a wirless optical mouse also. It has to have shortcut's for my documents/pictures/music that kind of thing [this current MS keyboard has those and i've become so acustom to using them that i cannot do without them now - lazy i know but meh :p]

Now i have been looking around Dixon's in town and different website's on the net but i have not found something as yet that fills my need's 100%.

The second thing i want is a new webcam. I have a logitech quickcam at the moment but it's getting on a bit and isnt all that great quality wise, both for pictures and video. I'm looking for as best a quality of picture and video for as decent a price i can get. So recommend me something here too please.

My limit for each item is no more than £40 but i suppose if it was worth it i could extend that to definetly no more than £50.

So please, recommend away :D Thank you

Comments

• Options
    Heres a Good Wireless Multimedia Keyboard & Rechargeable Wireless Mouse Combo

Here

And for the webcam Itron HardWare True 1.3M USB Webcam with Desktop/TFT Stands

Here

But if you dont like them Just check out Others Here
  • Options
    I've got this keyboard/mouse set, and although slightly over the £40 mark, was worth it, comfy wrist guard and a good mouse too. Battery life seems pretty good too! Good to use. (Microsoft Link).

As for webcams, I got a similar model to this as a freebie from Microsoft a while back, pretty decent quality too.
  • Options
    Does anyone have a creative webcam who could tell me what they are like and what the quality is like on them?

Found a few keyboard's on the Pcworld website so as i'm currently 10 minutes awayfrom the store i'm going to go have a look.
  • Options
    EDN1 wrote:
    Does anyone have a creative webcam who could tell me what they are like and what the quality is like on them?

I have one they are really good, the quality is prefect on mine really sharp and everything.

Cost about £30 i think but i dont know it was a present :)
  • Options
    i found a good few wireless keyboard's in pc world. Had taken down the model number's from their website so i could have a proper look at them myself. Seems it'll be about £35 - £50 for what i want.
  • Options
    In the end i opted for this keyboard. Very nice indeed. New function's ive never used before. Take me some time to get used to.

Had a look at the webcams in Pc World. One that caught my eye was a newer Logitech messenger, 1.3 million pxels however it's interpolated pixels. Would have been good if it was true pixels. Any suggestions on that front? any reasoably priced pixel webcams?