Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Am i entitled to free eyecare?

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Randomgirl wrote:
    What is he meant to have stolen? :confused:

This is a creature who has decided to fiddle her books so she gets council tax benefit that she isn't entitled to and doesn't need. Naturally I called her a benefits cheat, and said that benefits cheats are thieves. So far so good.
    katralla wrote:
    Is this supposed to be directed at me?

Of course it is, I was responding to your post.
    The sarcasm and thinly veiled jibes?

I'm terrible aren't I? The maliciousness of saying that vision correction is not a priority service, and that it shouldn't be provided free at the expense of, say, cancer treatment.

And I wouldn't say that pointing out that health issues regarding eyes, such as cataracts or ulcers, get free treatment is a "thinly veiled jibe". I'd say I was laying on the insults with a trowel.
    Is that because you can't find any real objection to my posts so you have to be snide instead?

I've told you why you're talking shite, poppet.
    In fact you are really stupid!

You're right, I don't match the intelligence of someone who changes every post in a thread to "fuck off" just because they lost the argument.
    Kermit wrote:
    You pay to have your teeth checked, and you pay to have your eyes checked. Why? Because the pot is limited, and you aren't going to die if you are short-sighted or need a filling.
    Health problems with eyes are treated free of charge, vision problems do not affect health.

Vision problem don't affect health? I beg to differ. Vision is an ASPECT of your health and a very important one. And while it's true that you aren't going to die from short-sightedness, an eye test could detect if you have eye diseases that could lead to blindness. And you're saying this shouldn't be a "priority"? I'm thinking potentially preventing blindness in people is a VERY high priority, or should be.

And if you WERE referring to the blindness when you said "health problems with eyes" then my apologies.

Hmm, i'm still a little unclear myself as to what's free and what's not. Eyes tests aren't (except in special circumstances), glasses (frames and lenses) aren't (again, only in special circumstances), but any treatment beyond that relating to the eyes is covered under the NHS ?
    Kermit wrote:
    This is a creature who has decided to fiddle her books so she gets council tax benefit that she isn't entitled to and doesn't need. Naturally I called her a benefits cheat, and said that benefits cheats are thieves. So far so good.

Lies! Fiddle schmiddle, I'm not a benefits cheat. Stop flinging out shit!
    Kermit wrote:
    vision correction is not a priority service, and that it shouldn't be provided free at the expense of, say, cancer treatment.

Why do you think this? Or have you not suffered (like me) with poor eye sight since you were a child? Admittedly, I haven't had any vision correction stuff done, but have needed various eye tests done for the last 12 years or so.