Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    There's one near the city where she first gave the task - north east, just on the river bed. Haven't found another 4 loads yet though - figure the haunted house quest might help if I can get the gold together.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    There's one near the city where she first gave the task - north east, just on the river bed. Haven't found another 4 loads yet though - figure the haunted house quest might help if I can get the gold together.
    Got some, cheers Jim! :D
  • Options
    This lockpicking shite is seriously starting to piss me off...
  • Options

ah i just use my spells to unlock chests :p

(also once you get the knack its not that hard to unlock stuff, watch the timing of the locks as they fall it gives you a clue as to when to click)
  • Options

It's not too hard really. Remember that you don't have a time limit, so you can take as long as you want to get it right.

Move the mouse under the cylinder you want to unlock and then push it forwards, but don't click until you have the timing of the cylinder right. I've found that most of them go on either a 2 or 3 times pattern of fast fast slow in terms of how long the cylinder stays up before it drops, so you may have to hit a cylinder up 6 times before clicking.

Lockpick skill goes up quite quickly too - once you reach apprenctice less cylinders drop, but the skill level is largely irrelevant, you can still do a very hard lock with hardly any skill if you're careful enough.
  • Options
    god i love this game since postman delievered it on saturday 9:30ish to when i went to bed on Sunday i racked up over 30hr of game play. hehe. not having problems running it on my 360
  • Options
    Arena Grand Champion - oh yes!
  • Options
    gratz JimV. i'm working on Assasin and theif guilds first. but joined all the others.
  • Options
    I love raiding the forts :)

I'm a level 12 knight and got killed by some goblin berserkers earlier outside of Chorrol :( how embarrasing. So I'm going to level up a bit more first.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    Arena Grand Champion - oh yes!

Me too! :D

How fucking annoying is that little fanboy though?
  • Options
    Don't start - it's okay having a free torch in the dark but it's a pain to remember to tell him to stop somewhere he won't be able to see you when breaking into places. And if I hadn't already qualified for the Assassin's guild - lets just say he wouldn't still be around
  • Options
    It's pointless killing him, he just manages to crawl back from the dead a few days later :(
  • Options
    can anyone help me with the Missing painting quest in Chorrol?

I've got talked to all the ppl, found the unfinished painting, the paint on the rug in the food hall. I've searched both the mage and porters rooms. I'm pretty sure its the court mage, i've told her. but it says i need more proof.

I didn't get any quest messgae when searching teh rooms or the north tower where the bloke gets drunk. what am i missing?
  • Options
    remember seeing something on gamefaqs about someone having paint splatters on them? Something you see should trigger a message to accuse her - try some clothes, etc - there's another piece of evidence
  • Options
    llook in her room and find her hidden painting supplies, then keep accusing her, also you need to get her to liek you more and she will confess
  • Options
    Nice game. I am just in the beginning though.

Also, my water's purple. :D
  • Options
    Master of the Fighter's Guild - oh yes - love how you actually feel in charge rather than just given a title
  • Options
    hehe just out of curiosity how much time have you guys racked up playing this game so far, I have been quite good and not played it much so only have 35 hours or so to my name
  • Options
    25 hours - and just finishing the Thieves Guild right now
  • Options
    I sooo want this game :( but

a) I have a disertation to write
    b) my PC won't do it justice

damnit!

oh, I'm assuming the annoying fan you're talking about is this guy? hehe
  • Options
    31 hours of play time so far. Just been trying to load some mods in, but the game seems to crash when any esp files are selected other than the main one.
  • Options
    Is anybody who has this on the xbox360 having problems with slow-down, loadtimes, menu transitions etc? When I'm walking around the world map, I get really bad slow-down, framerate drops right off. Just wondering if anyone else has the same problem?
  • Options
    Is anybody who has this on the xbox360 having problems with slow-down, loadtimes, menu transitions etc? When I'm walking around the world map, I get really bad slow-down, framerate drops right off. Just wondering if anyone else has the same problem?

having read reviews all over the place, most of them did mention frame rate dropping in larger areas with more than 3 enemies on the 360, but it isn;t supprising really! :)
  • Options
    Well, it is a bit. Having to release a patch for a CONSOLE machine?!?! I mean in all my years of console gaming this is the first time I've had such a hassle with any one game. It is amazing though (the game, not the problems)....
  • Options
    I've just spent all my overtime upgrading the other half's PC so they'll be able to play it.
  • Options
    Big Gay wrote:
    I've just spent all my overtime upgrading the other half's PC so they'll be able to play it.

oh oooh, do mine now...? please? :flirt:
  • Options
    Replicant wrote:
    oh oooh, do mine now...? please? :flirt:
    Sorry, once I done it, I'm useless for a month :crying:
  • Options
    Big Gay wrote:
    Sorry, once I done it, I'm useless for a month :crying:

huh, like a man after sex, but multiplied by 100 :(
  • Options
    I just ordered a new PC specifically for this game (and okay, it was getting on a bit). Can't wait till it arrives.

My dual 19" TFT setup will be great.
  • Options
    Errrk, I've just given in and ordered the game.