Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

when will gunners understand......

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
it doesn't matter if you're 50 unbeaten, it doesn't matter if you're in the quarter finals of the champions league and have 8 clean sheets in a row, when you come to old trafford you will get a thumping........lol all my arsenal mates were giving it before the match, it's a new team, we're unbeatable at the back, beaten real, juve etc etc........this is sweet, really pissing them off on msn now :lol:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    United deserved the 3-points, I've got no complaints about that, although 2-0 was a little flattering. A loss there would've been factored into the race for 4th surely. We showed glimpses of what we could do and were outplayed without being dominated. Bit of a downer but I'm more concerned about Wednesday tbh.
    Do you think Arsenal really give a shite?

If they did, Henry wouldn't have been on the bench, would he?

Oh, and apropos of nothing, Arsenal won two of their Premiership titles at Old Trafford. Overmars and Wiltord anyone?
    true, wenger was as good as admitting his team are a one trick pony by trying to stop henry getting injured, which is fair enough, not that he did much when he did come on.......apart from that it was still the first team though.........
    true, wenger was as good as admitting his team are a one trick pony by trying to stop henry getting injured, which is fair enough, not that he did much when he did come on.......apart from that it was still the first team though.........

Flamini? Hleb? RvP? Eboue? First team? Without taking Campbell's histronics into consideration even Senderos isn't an automatic first team choice. No excuses though the lads were outplayed. They can only get better though and for the first half they showed that.

Henry, Ljungberg and Diaby were rightly rested. No disrespect, United is always a big game, but Pompey away is probably the most important game of the season for us domestically closely followed by the scum at home. At the moment any rest for the senior players is good rest.
    Kermit wrote:
    Do you think Arsenal really give a shite?

If they did, Henry wouldn't have been on the bench, would he?

:lol:

It's funny seeing how totally ignorant you are to the concept of football. It's like talking to stargalaxy about drug laws. Laughable.

When the fuck has Henry done aything against United anyway? In 8 games now Arsenal haven't scored in 6 of them. We are truly superior and I am relishing in it.

Fair play to Braineater for being able to admit being outplayed without being a sour dickhead. But I have to say that was a good Arsenal side out today. You've been doing brilliantly in Europe (which makes it sweeter :D) but for vacant-heads like Kermit to suggest that game wasn't important is such a load of wank. 4th place anyone?

ETA: Was Toure playing in goals today or what was the craic? No doubt if the tables had of been turned and it had of been Rio we'd be getting enough to bleating last us a lifetime. Fucking biased refs.
    Braineater wrote:
    Flamini? Hleb? RvP? Eboue? First team?

Btw, they're all first team these days. RVP is fit again and will play ahead of Reyes. Hleb has been starting all the time as Lungberg seems to have gone to the dogs. Eboue is cover, but he's damn good cover. And Flamini is a make-shift.

If we wanna start bringing in injuries and cover we cold start listing Heinze, Brown, Smith, Scholes etc as well but I don't like to go down that path. As long as we have the people to bring in it's all cushtie :thumb: .
    I honestly think that this game wasn't a priority for Arsenal even though its usually a massive game. They want the Champions League and saved Henry from getting kicked all over by leaving him on the bench.

As for the handball it didn't have any relevance on the game in the end but if it had am sure the scum followers would be bleating also.

I hate man u with a passion (as you might have guessed) but I think this is a good result for the premiership, keeping Chel$ki on their toes and I hope they take it right to the death as its looked like a 1 horse race all season and thats not interesting for anyone.

Still think Arsenal will finish in the top four and believe if they win the Champions League they will be the happiest team out of themselves and Man U. Also don't think this loss will have a massive effect on them like the battle of the buffet.
    Addict wrote:
    When the fuck has Henry done aything against United anyway?

Over Barthez's head? A blinder from 30 yards out the season before last?

And since when did Man U become the benchmark anyway? Henry does it against Madrid and Juve, Man U weren't anywhere near good enough to be at that level. He's done it against the European champions too, a better team than MUFC in my opinion.

Y'know I was starting to want United to win the Premiership over Chelsea because of Mourinho, but I guess I forgot the sheer arrogance and pig-headedness of the majority of their fans.
    Bri-namite wrote:
    Y'know I was starting to want United to win the Premiership over Chelsea because of Mourinho, but I guess I forgot the sheer arrogance and pig-headedness of the majority of their fans.
    :thumb: Even I was having a small feeling that I wanted Man U to overtake Chelsea, but I agree with your comment, still hope it will be an interesting end but hope Chelsea still win it.
    Addict wrote:
    Btw, they're all first team these days. RVP is fit again and will play ahead of Reyes. Hleb has been starting all the time as Lungberg seems to have gone to the dogs. Eboue is cover, but he's damn good cover. And Flamini is a make-shift.

Reyes is still the first-choice ahead of RvP imho, for this season at least. I would still say Pires and Ljungberg are the first choice wingers. Eboue is only playing because of a long term injury to Lauren and was probably third-choice right-back behind Kerrea Gilbert, but he has been something of a revelation and may very well be first-choice next season. I'm not saying that to take anything away from United though.

Looking back at the highlights, the main difference between the two sides was Rooney. United have to be careful they don't get over-reliant on him the same way we have with Henry and the signs are that's beginning to happen.
    At Old Trafford, Henry has scored once. No 30 yarder that one either and it was part of a 6-1 thrashing. So please let's not pretend that he is United's nemesis.

BTW Did he actually come on, or did Arsenal just drop to ten men when Van Persie came off?

As for the game, it was cracking. 2-0 was about right and Rooney is showing just how important he is to us, which make me worry about the one trick complaint I have about the Arse.
    As for the game, it was cracking. 2-0 was about right and Rooney is showing just how important he is to us, which make me worry about the one trick complaint I have about the Arse.
    I know Rooney looks ten years older and is well built but he is still only a young lad, how many games has he played this year?? Obviously don't check out Man U's team sheet every week but don't think he's being rested very many times, I hope he doesn't burn out before the World Cup. And for the future aswell if he's overplayed he'll be hampered by injuries later in his career I believe.
    Bri-namite wrote:
    And since when did Man U become the benchmark anyway? Henry does it against Madrid and Juve, Man U weren't anywhere near good enough to be at that level. He's done it against the European champions too, a better team than MUFC in my opinion..

I don't care who he does it against. I've always praised Henry but if he doesn't do it against us it says alot about our team. On current form we'd give both Juve and Madrid a run for their money as well in my opinion.

Oh and if you like boring defensive football, Liverpool are indeed a better team than MUFC.
    Braineater wrote:
    United have to be careful they don't get over-reliant on him the same way we have with Henry and the signs are that's beginning to happen.

Van Nistelrooy has been our top scorer and Cristiano Ronaldo has been our best player for most of the second half of the season. Rooney's just the prodigy that fits the attacking puzzle nicely.
    I know Rooney looks ten years older and is well built but he is still only a young lad, how many games has he played this year?? Obviously don't check out Man U's team sheet every week but don't think he's being rested very many times, I hope he doesn't burn out before the World Cup. And for the future aswell if he's overplayed he'll be hampered by injuries later in his career I believe.

We've only been playing in 1 major competition for most of the season so I don't think burnout is as much of an issue as it usually would be.
    Addict wrote:
    It's funny seeing how totally ignorant you are to the concept of football.

If it was Arsenal's top priority Henry would have played.

He didn't. It wasn't.

Man Utd were the better team, of course they were. But did Arsenal give a huge shite? Did they hell.

You gonna try and argue now that dropping Henry meant Arsenal were taking it more seriously? Please.

As for fourth place, if Arsenal win all their league games, they get fourth place. Simple as that.

I'm not ignorant to the concept of football. I'm just ignorant to a team full of diving charvers and drug cheats.

I remember why I'm ABU and proud when I read shite like yours. Give me Mourinho any day.
    When the fuck has Henry done aything against United anyway?

Selective memory?

Anyway, of course Man Utd are very reliant on Rooney. Why the fuck else did Saha get a game ahead of the Diving Dutchman?
    Kermit wrote:
    Man Utd were the better team, of course they were. But did Arsenal give a huge shite? Did they hell.

You gonna try and argue now that dropping Henry meant Arsenal were taking it more seriously? Please.

Nope, but I would presume Wenger believed that they would struggle to pick up the points anyway against a team who consistently beat them, so best to save him for the easier games, plus he's been burnt out playing every game for them recently. It was fair to leave him on the bench as a supersub, and super he was :lol: .

I'm not ignorant to the concept of football. I'm just ignorant to a team full of diving charvers and drug cheats.

Oh yea, diving. Just noticing you're still struggling to back up those accusations you ignorantly threw around in the other thread. Typical :)

Anyway, of course Man Utd are very reliant on Rooney. Why the fuck else did Saha get a game ahead of the Diving Dutchman?

Of course we're reliant on him - he's one of the best players in the world. Saha's been getting games because he's one of the best strikers in the league at the moment. It's good to be able to rotate your forwards and keep them fresh.
    Addict wrote:
    Nope, but I would presume Wenger believed that they would struggle to pick up the points anyway against a team who consistently beat them

Nah, ManYoo would do the usual trick of kicking him and Reyes into next week. Like they normally do, promptly before the pie-munching Scouser falls over his own wallet to win dubious penalties.
    so best to save him for the easier games

Ah yes, like a European Cup semi-final...

Do you remember what one of those is?
    Oh yea, diving. Just noticing you're still struggling to back up those accusations you ignorantly threw around in the other thread. Typical :)

Not really, I've given countless examples on these boards. Why repeat myself again?
    Kermit wrote:
    If it was Arsenal's top priority Henry would have played.

Doesn't that say everything though.

Do you really think that, if Wenger thought he would win, he would leave Henry out? Points on the board are more important than "possible" points later...

Recent results between the two teams shows who is the boss, at the moment. Better to cut your losses and put Henry out against the mighty Pompey where he can get a hat-trick and be lauded as the world class striker people think that he is...
    Kermit wrote:
    Nah, ManYoo would do the usual trick of kicking him and Reyes into next week. Like they normally do, promptly before the pie-munching Scouser falls over his own wallet to win dubious penalties.

Nah, 'Manyoo' would do the usual trick of playing them off the park. Works fine for me.

As for Rooney diving to win penalties, Senderos clipped him yesterday and he could have went down, but he stayed up, and crossed for Park to kill the game :thumb: . I wonder what Reyes, Pires or Ashley Cole wuld have done in the same situation :chin: .

Ah yes, like a European Cup semi-final...

Do you remember what one of those is?

Yup. I remember finals too, and winning them. :D

Not really, I've given countless examples on these boards. Why repeat myself again?

Stop talking shite and at least make half arsed attempts to support your pathetic comments.

I asked you for examples of United cheating this season - some proof never goes amiss when you throw around unsubstantiated shite like that. All you could retort with was some deranged shite about Ronaldo and RvN at Goodison Park when in fact Ronaldo hadn't even played. Clueless.
    I refuse to respect the opinion of anyone who denies Henry is a world class player.

Especially seeing as if he was English and/or played for Man United, the same people would be raving about him.
    Bri-namite wrote:
    I refuse to respect the opinion of anyone who denies Henry is a world class player.

Especially seeing as if he was English and/or played for Man United, the same people would be raving about him.

Thats why i can never really be bothered to make a response to posts like those. Just utter bollocks to say Henry is not a world class player.
    Of course he's a world class player. Amazing pace, amazing touch and finish.
    Bri-namite wrote:

I maintain, and will always maintain, that it takes more than scoring great goals against crap defences to make you a world class player. In the last couple of major tournaments he has been outscored by much lesser players. Against the best defences in the English league his ratio of goals to games is pretty poor.

Using just United as an example, how many goals has he scored at OT? What about the new Chelsea team/Liverpool?

Again, I am not saying that he isn't a good player but he wouldn't be in my World XI at the moment and I guess that is the defining point for me...

Really, isn't it the same person who says that neither RvN or Rooney are world class?
    Bri-namite wrote:

Note: I've never denied he isn't a world class player in these threads or recent ones where we've discussed him.

If he played for us of course I'd rave about him, I think he's fantastic and he is of course world class.

He's the best player in the league, but Rooney is hot on his heals and has many more years ahead of him.

Using just United as an example, how many goals has he scored at OT? What about the new Chelsea team/Liverpool?

Again, I am not saying that he isn't a good player but he wouldn't be in my World XI at the moment and I guess that is the defining point for me...

That's a fair enough. It has been shown that Henry can be nullified if you know what you're at against him.

I think this year's world cup will go a good way to seeing just what he is made off.
    Addict wrote:
    Nah, 'Manyoo' would do the usual trick of playing them off the park.

Ah yes.
    Senderos clipped him yesterday and he could have went down, but he stayed up, and crossed for Park to kill the game :thumb: . I wonder what Reyes, Pires or Ashley Cole wuld have done in the same situation :chin:

Utter rubbish, again.

They'd have stayed up if there was a goal in it. They'd have gone down if there wasn't.

The pie-chomping scouser would have done the same thing.

Apropos of nothing, given that the Neviller "hates all Scousers", does the club captain hate that diving charver too?

Why does Arsenal keep getting dragged into this though? My allegiance to Arsenal goes as far as the fact they are not ManYoo or Chelsea, and any team that stops those two teams winning the league is the team I support.
    Kermit wrote:
    They'd have stayed up if there was a goal in it. They'd have gone down if there wasn't.

The pie-chomping scouser would have done the same thing.

You can keep slinging accusations around but you continue to avoid giving me any proof because you don't have a clue, it's just bitter bullshit, so pathetic. Rooney hasn't dived this season, I see him skip past challenges every week, in cases where he could just as easily go down.

Apropos of nothing, given that the Neviller "hates all Scousers", does the club captain hate that diving charver too?

Yup, they kick lumps out of eachother in training, and Rooney blasts the odd shot at his head during some games.

Why does Arsenal keep getting dragged into this though? My allegiance to Arsenal goes as far as the fact they are not ManYoo or Chelsea, and any team that stops those two teams winning the league is the team I support.

It's a thread about Arsenal, they will get a mention. I only like to bring Arsenal into the equation because while you maintain we have the 3 biggest cheats in the league (which says everything about your knowledge) players like Reyes have dived more than our whole team combined this season.

Only Drogba and Robben cheat more.
    Addict wrote:
    players like Reyes have dived more than our whole team combined this season.

Ah yes, that old chestnut.

I take it you've got bored of slinging muck at Pires for one dive in one game once.

Reyes gets kicked up and down the pitch, has done ever since he started in England. Why? Because it stops him playing his game.

No doubt you'll be saying that Reyes was diving when the two Neville thugs took it in turns to kick seven shades of shite out of him at OT the other year.
    Only Drogba and Robben cheat more.

Than who? Your diving Dutch coward of a striker?

Man Utd still have two of the five biggest cheats in the Premiership. Rooney has slipped out of the top five now, to be fair. And they still pay a drug cheat £120,000 a week (though to be fair Spurs do too).
    Kermit wrote:

I take it you've got bored of slinging muck at Pires for one dive in one game once.

That's nothing compared to the muck you throw at Rooney for one dive in one game. My focus has slipped from the gallic one because Reyes has taken his mantle as biggest cheat at Highbury. Bobby's been relegated to the bench this season anyway, can't do much cheating from there.
    Reyes gets kicked up and down the pitch, has done ever since he started in England. Why? Because it stops him playing his game.

I watch football. You try telling the Wigan fans (and even decent Arsenal fans) that Reyes was 'kicked' when he tripped over fresh air all night in the Carling Cup semi.

Or how about when he lay on the ground 'writhing in pain' trying to get Giggs booked at Highbury, for fuck all. Yea, he got a real kicking then. :rolleyes:

Man Utd still have two of the five biggest cheats in the Premiership.

:rolleyes:

Proof? Oh yea, you can't give any.

There's no point arguing with deranged bitters anyway. I'd be better off discussing football with my sister.
    Addict wrote:
    I watch football. You try telling the Wigan fans (and even decent Arsenal fans) that Reyes was 'kicked' when he tripped over fresh air all night in the Carling Cup semi.

Yeah, he dived once or twice in that game. It was shitey, but nothing compared to what your Portuguese winger does every week.

It was last season when he rolled everywhere at Goodison and then started swearing at the fans when they whinged. Like I said.
    Or how about when he lay on the ground 'writhing in pain' trying to get Giggs booked at Highbury, for fuck all. Yea, he got a real kicking then. :rolleyes:

Giggs clobbered him in that instance.

I remember the game at OT the other year where the two Nevillers literally kicked Reyes in the stand at least ten times each. Good football that.
    There's no point arguing with deranged bitters anyway. I'd be better off discussing football with my sister.

Ah yes, I slag off Man Utd players and I'm a "deranged bitter" who knows nothing.

But of course.

Not that I'd expect anything else from a fan who idolises a certain Norwegian cheat who deliberately got his opponent sent off in a title decider three years ago.

Man Utd fans have got the owners they deserve.

The five biggest cheats in the Premiershit are Robben, Drogba, Joe Cole, Horsey and the fake Ronaldo. True fact.