Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Any Suggestions for this one....?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all. Recently a girl i knew at school and college has started down one of my local's as a barmaid. Thing is, we didn't take alot of notice of each other back then, but seeing her again now i really like her. She has said hello to me a few times without me saying anything, and we've chatted several times - she seems quite happy to talk to me. I may just be imagining things, but i think i've noticed quite alot of eye contact aswell. My mates also said last night that when she was done serving me and i walked away, her eyes followed me all around the room. I know for a fact she's single aswell. So a few questions:

Does anyone think she might like me or is it just friendly chit chat?

I've thought about just asking her out, but a couple of friends have said i shouldn't do it while she's working and should wait until i see her socially, but i never do see her anywhere else, and if there is a chance i don't wanna let it slip or give her time to meet someone else. So how do you think i should play it? Girls, if it was you, how might you like me to do it?

Also, I asked out someone else who works there a while ago and i rather bodged the whole thing! If she found out about this or already knows, do you think it would bother her?

I really like this girl, and seeing as we have a bit of a shared history at least there's like something there and we have something in common, so any help is appreciated.....

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well seems like there is a lot of things that lead to believe she does like you...

Ask her even if she is on the job, frankly it will take you only a minute and it won't affect her work... If she fancy you it will not bother her that you ask her out and if she doesn't, well don't think she will get bothered either, she will just say no and you will know the answer for good...
    Well seems like there is a lot of things that lead to believe she does like you...

Ask her even if she is on the job, frankly it will take you only a minute and it won't affect her work... If she fancy you it will not bother her that you ask her out and if she doesn't, well don't think she will get bothered either, she will just say no and you will know the answer for good...

Yeah i was thinking i should just go and do it. You're probably right....!
    Yeah i was thinking i should just go and do it. You're probably right....!

Yep, if she fancy you maybe she is waiting for it anyway and well at least you'll know for sure if you can either move on or start a relationship with her...
    Yep, if she fancy you maybe she is waiting for it anyway and well at least you'll know for sure if you can either move on or start a relationship with her...

Yeah, suppose there's always gonna be that chance of rejection and you just gotta tell yourself that if you don't ask her, then you'll never have a chance anyway.....
    Yeah, suppose there's always gonna be that chance of rejection and you just gotta tell yourself that if you don't ask her, then you'll never have a chance anyway.....

Exactly!
    Sounds like you have nothing to lose and she definitely sounds interested.

What gives you reason to think she would have a problem with you asking the other girl out at the bar a while ago though?
    squeal16 wrote:

What gives you reason to think she would have a problem with you asking the other girl out at the bar a while ago though?

His mates told him it was not a good idea...

Just do what you feel is best, your mates can give an opinion but it doesnt mean you have to listen to what they say. You could be missing out on somehting potentially good.
    squeal16 wrote:

Incase i get a reputation for being some desperate idiot who just asks anyone out (To be clear, i'm not!), and cus i asked the other girl out before, then she might think i'm just asking her cus the other said no and she is second choice.....

Lol...!
    squeal16 wrote:
    Just do what you feel is best, your mates can give an opinion but it doesnt mean you have to listen to what they say. You could be missing out on somehting potentially good.

I could be, which is why i'm just gonna do it. Tonight hopefully...!
    I could be, which is why i'm just gonna do it. Tonight hopefully...!

Ooo let us know how it goes
    Ooo let us know how it goes

Will do. Just hope she's working tonight lol
    Will do. Just hope she's working tonight lol

Be positive and expect success but prepare yourself that it might not go your way. If worst case scenario happens laugh it off. It won't though it'll be grand! :love:
    She could have a boyfriend (or girlfriend... let's not rule that out!)... Ask her if she wants to join you for a drink or something, just don't build your hopes up. I hate to say it but a lot of bar women flirt and chat to men, t's the only way to get tips.

So just get to now her, drop a few flirty hints and take it from there.
    Be positive and expect success but prepare yourself that it might not go your way. If worst case scenario happens laugh it off. It won't though it'll be grand! :love:

I hope you're right, but yeah i'll try not to build my hopes up to much.....
    She could have a boyfriend (or girlfriend... let's not rule that out!)... Ask her if she wants to join you for a drink or something, just don't build your hopes up. I hate to say it but a lot of bar women flirt and chat to men, t's the only way to get tips.

So just get to now her, drop a few flirty hints and take it from there.

I've been informed that she hasn't. Yeah i know that, that's why i'm unsure, but we'll see.....
    Well, i asked her for a few drinks and she said no. She said she's not really looking right now and it would be difficult for her cus she's working so many hours at the moment. I just said fair enough. Whether it was just a load of lines or not, i had more respect for myself asking her out and getting turned down than if i hadn't asked her at all. Ah well, onwards and upwards....!
    Good, she said no, but at least now you now for sure and there is no more wondering... Just need to move on to the next one ;)
    well done for trying though, takes a lot to ask someone out.
    Yep, to be honest i thought i'd feel like crap if she said no, but i really don't give a shit. It's a part of life you gotta learn to deal with if you wanna find someone and like i said i'm glad i did it, rather than wimping it - whatever the answer.....
    Well done you but sorry it didn't go your way.

Plenty more fish in the sea and all that! xx