Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I'm trying pot for the first time today

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
anything I should know? any advice?

I do have a few questions. how long are you high? and what should I do to hide the fact that I was doign drugs?

I'm a bit nervous honestly thought I should post here for advice

Comments

• Options

Smoke gradually to mae sure you don't get too high.
    I do have a few questions. how long are you high?

It will depends on the amount you take and on your body tolerance.
    and what should I do to hide the fact that I was doign drugs?

Just wait until the effects are nearly gone and you will be fine.

Don't be too stress about it, relax, smoke gradually and enjoy. You should find your limits quite easily.
  • Options

I do have a few questions. how long are you high? and what should I do to hide the fact that I was doign drugs?

don't try and keep up with experienced smokers .
    it might not do anything at all first time round.
    you could end up very giggly or very dreaqmy or very paranoid.
    you might feel your loosing your marbles ...going crazy ...don't worry ...no one ever does except the ones who start out crazy.
    best of luck.
  • Options
    does it make your clothes smell?

I'm aware of the long term bad effects it can have but that won't happen on your first time right?
  • Options
    No long term effect won't happend if you smoke it once, but you can still well fucked up if you smoke some good quality stuff and quite a bit.

As for the smeel, well just like cigarette it will smeel a bit, but the smell shouldn't be too bad, it will depends on how long your clothes are going to be exposed to te smoke.
  • Options
    I'd say just take a couple of puffs and wait and see if you feel anything. Repeat until you do- and then stop and enjoy without going over.
  • Options
    Its a lot better if you do it indoors as well. :rolleyes: First time I did it nothing happened but the second time was fun...........not been able to since though :no:
  • Options
    Sweet.
  • Options
    First time I smoked we hot-boxed it in a shed. We were fucked :lol:

And yes, the smell is quite obvious!
  • Options
    I did it. it was pretty fun. I think I'm still under the effects a bit but oh well. i was just so.................... relaxed. and it made pretty much everything funny. I was cracking up at things i would normally frown at.

despite that, I think its kind of overrated. I can't really see myself getting addicted to that. I think I'll continue doing it on special occasions but I'll pass on daily long term.

the friends I was with were cool about it being my first time they didn't alienate me even when I burnt myself with the lighter :rolleyes:

as far as not getting caught I think I got away. nobody in my house seems to notice anything. I came inside and immediatly went downstairs and threw my clothes in the washer (but I put it in with the rest of the load so it didn't look wierd) then I went upstairs, changed, washed my mouth out with mouthwash, sprayed myself all over with axe. anything else I should do? my friends said that I didn't look high and that the only indication that I had been doing drugs was by my behavior and my stench. then again they were hich at the time. at this point I think I can make myself act pretty normal I just have this slight buzz and light headedness. anything else I should do?

also my throat burns pretty bad. wtf?

all the help is appreciated!
  • Options
    oh ya and we hotboxed in a shed out in the woods. my friends said the stuff was pretty standard except it had a "secret ingrediant". when we were doing it they kept saying it was really good stuff.
  • Options
    Have a nice cold drink of vodka to wash it down :D Or use a bong next time.
  • Options
    Have a nice cold drink of vodka to wash it down :D Or use a bong next time.

Or not. Last time I mixed weed and drink- I spewed :( :yuck:
  • Options
    ya I want to sober up not throw being drunk into the mix
  • Options
    ya I want to sober up not throw being drunk into the mix
    It was only half serious ya know :p

But seriously, if you smoke through a bong it cools the smoke down and so it isn't as harsh on your throat...
  • Options
    or buckets :D
  • Options
    I wouldnt recomend drinking and smoking, made me very ill :p it's as if smoking weed drastically lowers your alcohol tollerence level, makes it rather messy! at least it did for me a few times!
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    katralla wrote:
    or buckets :D

Just no. That doesn't do anything to help it at all. :p Thats what you do when you are 15 at High School ffs :p

Bong = For the win. Cooled, filtered, nearly pure THC goodness. Aah... but a nice J is a wonderful thing. Doesn't get you as high, for as long... but it's a different kinda thing really.

Bongs are ace though. Hehe.

For the throat and cotton mouth - Water is nice. Fizzy drinks are a different choice between people, personally I quite like them high... bit odd, but enjoyable. And Fresh Orange Juice is lovely.

And milk... whilst high... Oh my god. So so brilliant.
  • Options
    As maybe somebody has said, alot of people dont' get high their first times. I had pretty good stuff my first time, didn't feel a thing. Ever since then... amazing. Minus my random drug tests because I work in a very large pharmacy, I'd do it every day. Best thing I've ever encountered. Except for money. Obviously a steady job and money are more important. Though I've never been happier in my life than when I was stoned. Only did it for 3 years though :( I want to so bad. So so fucking bad. But money rules the world my friend.

Once you get stoned as fuck and you get cottonmouth and munchy. The mini personal sized applesauces... a godsend. Oh fuck yes. They were the best thing ever invented for a stoner.

Next to the one time use eyedrops. They are good if you're needing to meet anybody while baked.
  • Options
    A hookah/sheesha is nice too. Fruit flavoured tobacco with a possible addition of weed in there too ;)
  • Options
    so how did it go?
  • Options
    so how did it go?

was just wondering the same...
  • Options
    I said how it went on like the tenth and eleventh post
  • Options
    I said how it went on like the tenth and eleventh post

opps... haven't seen those..
  • Options
    I did it. it was pretty fun. I think I'm still under the effects a bit but oh well. i was just so.................... relaxed. and it made pretty much everything funny. I was cracking up at things i would normally frown at.

despite that, I think its kind of overrated. I can't really see myself getting addicted to that. I think I'll continue doing it on special occasions but I'll pass on daily long term.

the friends I was with were cool about it being my first time they didn't alienate me even when I burnt myself with the lighter :rolleyes:

as far as not getting caught I think I got away. nobody in my house seems to notice anything. I came inside and immediatly went downstairs and threw my clothes in the washer (but I put it in with the rest of the load so it didn't look wierd) then I went upstairs, changed, washed my mouth out with mouthwash, sprayed myself all over with axe. anything else I should do? my friends said that I didn't look high and that the only indication that I had been doing drugs was by my behavior and my stench. then again they were hich at the time. at this point I think I can make myself act pretty normal I just have this slight buzz and light headedness. anything else I should do?

also my throat burns pretty bad. wtf?

all the help is appreciated!
    ahhh ...didn't spot this.
    it's not always the same buzz ...next time might be deep and mysterious as opposed to giggling.
    glad you enjoyed it.
  • Options
    First time I smoked it, it gave me a chest infection, and I had to take two weeks off school :o.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Thats what you do when you are 15 at High School ffs :p

why, that is about the time my nickname was Teh Bucket Queen! Wouldn't dream of doing it now though- I don't even toke...
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    katralla wrote:
    why, that is about the time my nickname was Teh Bucket Queen! Wouldn't dream of doing it now though- I don't even toke...
    :o Go you! Bucket Queen indeed!

Meh, so many people stop after school. Never got why... :p
  • Options
    Iwas gonna say don't think about the effects or it all while your smoking it or you'll ruin it, just smoke it.

I've been smoking for 5 years or so and found that out a long itme ago and it's been all good since, only had about 4 whiteys in all that time and to be honest drinks been involved in half of them.

The key is to smoke before you go out drinking and then continue smoking throughout the night...dont get pissed as fuck and then go home and smoke a joint unless your an experienced smoker because it can lead to bad things otherwise. Itr's all good in the end though.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    :o Go you! Bucket Queen indeed!

Meh, so many people stop after school. Never got why... :p

I had a baby...
  • Options
    if things start getting messy keep saying to yourself you're gonna be fine and you'll be fine ... its all psychological .. ive smoked really stupid amounts at times and been on my way to whiteying and this has saved me every time, ive smoked for years now ive never whitied

and theres nothing wrong with buckets :thumb: