Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Men After Sex

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Are all men the same?

After sex do they just lie there and not want to talk but just stare at the TV with the odd mmm at any comment you make?

Today afterwards my boyfriend just started playing on the playstation which i thought was charming!

Does anyone have similar experiences?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    We get tired after sex! It's all natural! zzzzz....
    Yep, most men just want to pass out and sleep after sex, tis down to hormones apparently, how they come down from the peak is different to us girlies
    After sex, I'm usually tired and just want to rest. I certainly don't want to talk about "where this relationship is going" or anything that serious straight after. :p I just like to cuddle up to the woman I'm with, give her a few compliments and then get some shut eye.
    Never anything wrong with a small cuddle afterwards though, it just seems so much effort, but i do suppose sometimes i can be like that but still!
    stargalaxy wrote:
    After sex, I'm usually tired and just want to rest. I certainly don't want to talk about "where this relationship is going" or anything that serious straight after. :p I just like to cuddle up to the woman I'm with, give her a few compliments and then get some shut eye.

See thats more like it :)
    Nah not all me are the same... I never go for a nap if I have sex during the day or in the morning... Sometimes I just have a chat and have some more sex... Sometimes I eat some food... Have a smoke... But never go to sleep straight after...
    Yep, its their hormones, my boyfriend just want to go off to sleep afterwards, but at least he will cuddle up with me and talk until he drifts off to sleep, its just lucky that when I'm in his arms I can just drift of too as I feel so happy.

If it's during the day, then we just cuddle and talk.
    squeal16 wrote:
    See thats more like it :)
    I just think it's a bit rude not to. I don't like the idea of turning away from a woman the second we've finished having sex. It almost gives out the message "you were a great shag, but you were just that". Which isn't right at all. :(
    stargalaxy wrote:
    I just think it's a bit rude not to. I don't like the idea of turning away from a woman the second we've finished having sex. It almost gives out the message "you were a great shag, but you were just that". Which isn't right at all. :(

Yeah i know what you mean, he's not normally like that was just today, didn't offend me as such was just seeing if it's the same sometimes for others, depends on how you feel i suppose and also to some degree how long you have been together. I mean a new relationship your going to lay in each others arms for ages talking etc you know how it is.
    squeal16 wrote:
    After sex do they just lie there and not want to talk but just stare at the TV with the odd mmm at any comment you make?

Before, during and afterward if you're me.
    squeal16 wrote:
    Yeah i know what you mean, he's not normally like that was just today, didn't offend me as such was just seeing if it's the same sometimes for others, depends on how you feel i suppose and also to some degree how long you have been together. I mean a new relationship your going to lay in each others arms for ages talking etc you know how it is.
    Only once have I fallen asleep straight away. I'd simply been too tired, working all day, then having sex... my system simply couldn't take any more. I found myself actually apologising for it the following morning! :p
    Yes, it's normal.
    My boyfriend does it, sometimes I just wanna sleep too so it's all good but sometimes it really annoys me, especially if I am still horny and he insists on rolling over and going to sleep.

I don't blame it on all the hormone stuff though, it's just blokes. Once they've got what they wanted that's it really. I'm not speaking for all guys, there are some genuinely nice ones that want to do everything to make their girl happy and satisfied, but I never seem to go for those ones...
    Pink Soda wrote:
    I don't blame it on all the hormone stuff though, it's just blokes. Once they've got what they wanted that's it really.
    That's not necessarily true though...I always try my best to please a girl, but it is sometimes very hard if you've just been 'pleasured' yourself, 'cos you can sometimes get quite tired...
    Pink Soda wrote:
    I don't blame it on all the hormone stuff though, it's just blokes. Once they've got what they wanted that's it really. I'm not speaking for all guys, there are some genuinely nice ones that want to do everything to make their girl happy and satisfied, but I never seem to go for those ones...

Yep there is some indeed, but I agree that some blokes, maybe even most, once they are done, they are done and some are even selfish to the point that if they get theirs they don't even care if their girl got hers...
    Sex is knackering. Last time i did it i actually fell asleep afterwards, it was totally involentarly. After a nap i was good to go again though.
    Yep there is some indeed, but I agree that some blokes, maybe even most, once they are done, they are done and some are even selfish to the point that if they get theirs they don't even care if their girl got hers...
    I can't believe anyone would be like that...for me at least half of the pleasure is knowing that she's having a really good time too...
    I can't believe anyone would be like that...for me at least half of the pleasure is knowing that she's having a really good time too...

Same here mate, sometimes I don't even get mine, getting hers is more important, but unfortunatly there is guys like that out there... they should stick to wanking imo...
    Same here mate, sometimes I don't even get mine, getting hers is more important, but unfortunatly there is guys like that out there... they should stick to wanking imo...
    Yeah, 'cos they are wankers... :D

Oh he definitely makes sure i get lots of pleasure that is very important to him, i'm just talking about afterwards, sometimes i need a little bit of attention but suppose you cant have everything!
    squeal16 wrote:
    Oh he definitely makes sure i get lots of pleasure that is very important to him, i'm just talking about afterwards, sometimes i need a little bit of attention but suppose you cant have everything!
    The hugs and stuff are important for me too...otherwise you might as well just be fuck buddies, non?
    squeal16 wrote:

You can have everything, as I said I never get tired after sex... ever...
    The hugs and stuff are important for me too...otherwise you might as well just be fuck buddies, non?
    Or just some one-night stand? I consider sex a pretty intimate thing, and that applies before, during and afterwards.

True, but what if she never gets hers? I've never orgasmed so I don't think he's too bothered to be honest, think he's given up!
    I always get a cuddle after sex, usually after he's cleaned himself up a bit though. We might be on the verge of falling asleep, or we might be watching tv or I'll sit on his knee at the computer etc. We do talk a bit sometimes, but never anything in depth.
    You can have everything, as I said I never get tired after sex... ever...

Everybody is different, a few of the guys have already said they are tired afterwards, and i must admit afterwards you can be hot and sticky and a hug can be the last thing you want at that point.
    Pink Soda wrote:
    True, but what if she never gets hers? I've never orgasmed so I don't think he's too bothered to be honest, think he's given up!

Ah, sorry to hear that... I wouldn't have given up tho, but then again I never had the problem...
    What do you want us to do? Cuddle up and say "oh honey that was great, want me to make you a bite to eat?"
    Ah, sorry to hear that... I wouldn't have given up tho, but then again I never had the problem...

Yeah he's never had the problem either, and he's by far the best I've ever been with, but it seems nothing's good enough! :(
    Pink Soda wrote:
    If he's given up, there must be a reason. Perhaps he just doesn't know what to try?
    You French guys are so modest, aren't you? :p
    turlough wrote:
    What do you want us to do? Cuddle up and say "oh honey that was great, want me to make you a bite to eat?"
    What would be good food to eat after sex, anyway?
    Pink Soda wrote:
    Yeah he's never had the problem either, and he's by far the best I've ever been with, but it seems nothing's good enough! :(
    Can you get yourself there?