Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Thesite addicts anonymous

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well, not so anonymous really. This website really is like an addiction however. i was planning on going to bed about half 11, that turned out well.
Who else finds themself not able to leave this place??

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My name is... well thats just redundant. Anyways, I'm a thesite addict. :crying:
    Me,Im addicted :( Not necessarily a bad thing.I wouldnt sleep if I was in bed anyway........Id rather talk to the lovely people :wave:
    I planned to go at about 10.30 tonight!!
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    So am I... :( It's fucking 3:30am!
    not addict as such, more... procrastinating with whatever I can find :p
    addict *holds up hand* (and waves it around in the air for anyone who cares...)
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I've been here nearly six years.

Nah, I'm not addicted...
    Is everyone asleep? Balls!
    Going to sleep! Given up.
    i get fucked off with this place sometimes,but it does get addictive...tonights been propper!
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I'm tired....
    This place keeps me company at work. I really dont do much work at all. Like Peter Gibbons, I do about an hour of actual work in any given week, and this place fills up the rest of the time.
    my_name wrote:
    My name is... well thats just redundant. Anyways, I'm a thesite addict. :crying:
    :lol:

I'm a total addict myself. I think sometimes this site has begun to take over my life a bit.. I blame TheSite for not having found a job. Although.. it has given me great company while I'm out of work!
    bluewisdom wrote:
    :lol:

I'm a total addict myself. I think sometimes this site has begun to take over my life a bit.. I blame TheSite for not having found a job. Although.. it has given me great company while I'm out of work!

:thumb: Definatly! Why is it so addicting? (Obviously I come here other times than work also :p ) I thought, well maybe its addicting because I have no friends or life so I just chat on here and its all good, people actually listen to me (I like to believe) but then theres others who are, so that can't be the reason!
    my_name wrote:
    This place keeps me company at work. I really dont do much work at all. Like Peter Gibbons, I do about an hour of actual work in any given week, and this place fills up the rest of the time.
    Yeah, I suspected as much. I've read you say before that you always post on here while you're at work... and you post so much, sometimes I think that you're gonna lose your job! :razz:
    bluewisdom wrote:
    Yeah, I suspected as much. I've read you say before that you always post on here while you're at work... and you post so much, sometimes I think that you're gonna lose your job! :razz:

Thats why you always keep an excel spreadsheet halfway filled out handy... always makes you look like you're working!
    my_name wrote:
    Thats why you always keep an excel spreadsheet halfway filled out handy... always makes you look like you're working!
    That technique must be as old as it is useful!
    bluewisdom wrote:
    That technique must be as old as it is useful!

How usefull it is :p Shit. Voddyi is out, must get a refill :p
    Yes though, excel is gods present to slackers.
    my_name wrote:
    :thumb: Definatly! Why is it so addicting? (Obviously I come here other times than work also :p ) I thought, well maybe its addicting because I have no friends or life so I just chat on here and its all good, people actually listen to me (I like to believe) but then theres others who are, so that can't be the reason!
    well, i consider myself to have good friends and an interesting life... at least I enjoy it. Although atm going through a rough patch with the no-work situation.
    You have a job and a boyfriend, and are going back to school soon I've heard... that's quite a life I would say. Mmm, maybe you don't enjoy it for some reason?

And about the addicting situation... I think maybe it's because it connects you to other people that you wouldn't know otherwise. I don't know why but that's really interesting to me..
    bluewisdom wrote:
    well, i consider myself to have good friends and an interesting life... at least I enjoy it. Although atm going through a rough patch with the no-work situation.
    You have a job and a boyfriend, and are going back to school soon I've heard... that's quite a life I would say. Mmm, maybe you don't enjoy it for some reason?

And about the addicting situation... I think maybe it's because it connects you to other people that you wouldn't know otherwise. I don't know why but that's really interesting to me..

Oh I enjoy it, I just lack friends, and an outside life!. I honestly have, besides the boyfriend, 2 people that I consider friends. One of them lives about 400 miles away ( I grew up with her) and the other has her days filled with a 6 month old. I just sit here on thesite, playing sims or just sleeping. Its not not enjoyable, just could be better. I am really looking foward to school though. In 4 years I'll have a real degree. If I do what I want, in about 6 years I could be a lawyer. I can't wait though. To be honest. Every "friend" I ever had. I lost once I quit doing drugs and the rest. And not only am I looking foward to school as a realization that I won't have to be a secreatry for the rest of my life, but as an oppertunity to meet people. I'm shy and nervous and anxious as fuck, but I have that little ounce of hope that maybe I could meet just one person. It will take every last miniscul ounce of therapy and medications over the last 12 years to do so, but just maybe. Probably not, but maybe.

God I'm really self centered today, posting about myself, I'm sorry :(
    my_name wrote:
    Oh I enjoy it, I just lack friends, and an outside life!. I honestly have, besides the boyfriend, 2 people that I consider friends. One of them lives about 400 miles away ( I grew up with her) and the other has her days filled with a 6 month old. I just sit here on thesite, playing sims or just sleeping. Its not not enjoyable, just could be better. I am really looking foward to school though. In 4 years I'll have a real degree. If I do what I want, in about 6 years I could be a lawyer. I can't wait though. To be honest. Every "friend" I ever had. I lost once I quit doing drugs and the rest. And not only am I looking foward to school as a realization that I won't have to be a secreatry for the rest of my life, but as an oppertunity to meet people. I'm shy and nervous and anxious as fuck, but I have that little ounce of hope that maybe I could meet just one person. It will take every last miniscul ounce of therapy and medications over the last 12 years to do so, but just maybe. Probably not, but maybe.

God I'm really self centered today, posting about myself, I'm sorry :(
    Hey, don't apologise, I love getting to know people's stories tbh. And I'm sure you'll meet people once you get back to school, it'll be a great opportunity. Just be yourself. I know it's a line but it's true. You just have to have a decent screening process, to avoid the people who can be asses. Other than that, you'll have a great time, I'm sure!
    And i know what you mean by 'can be better'. I believe that to be true for my life as well. It's a good thing really to do something about it, like going back to school, as many people moan about their lives but just sit there doing nothing about it.
    bluewisdom wrote:
    Hey, don't apologise, I love getting to know people's stories tbh. And I'm sure you'll meet people once you get back to school, it'll be a great opportunity. Just be yourself. I know it's a line but it's true. You just have to have a decent screening process, to avoid the people who can be asses. Other than that, you'll have a great time, I'm sure!

Well I dont know a whole lot about you. What do you do and all that fun stuff :) Don't tell anybody, but you've joined not all that long ago, eh? Never hated you ;)
    my_name wrote:
    Well I dont know a whole lot about you. What do you do and all that fun stuff :) Don't tell anybody, but you've joined not all that long ago, eh? Never hated you ;)
    Ah, lol, phew! :D Well, what can i say? I'm a psychologist, yeah one of those so-called therapists that people say don't help them and such.. Currently looking for a job as i quit the last one. Been single forever :rolleyes: , and well, I'll make a confession to you, but don't tell anybody... I'm 26 years old and I still live with my parents.. In my defense I can say it's more of a cultural thing here (as well as economic) to live with them for much longer than in other places. It's something to do with being more family-oriented or something. But tbh, I can't waut to get away!!! Oh, and I would really like to go to London sometime soon. I've never been there but really want to. my sister has lived there, and now my brother is going to study there. Or live in Europe for a bit, that's what I'd love really. I just love Europe.
    To be honest, after meeting Ed, I know alot of people that still live with their parents at that age. I thought it was weird until I know how many did it! So its alright ;) I think thats awsome your a psych. Oh if yo only knew how they helped me ;) Sounds like your one to be jelous of!!! Not joking. Your an even awsomer chick than I thought :)
    my_name wrote:
    To be honest, after meeting Ed, I know alot of people that still live with their parents at that age. I thought it was weird until I know how many did it! So its alright ;) I think thats awsome your a psych. Oh if yo only knew how they helped me ;) Sounds like your one to be jelous of!!! Not joking. Your an even awsomer chick than I thought :)
    Awww, thanks! I'm touched, really. :heart: ... Um... not sure what else to say.. :blush:

ETA: I thought of something... now that we're being so flattery (is that a word?) I'd like to point out that i think you're MUCH smarter than you give yourself credit for. :yes:
    Thats what my parents say :p I guess we'll find out come August ;) God I'm for lack of conversation now. Blank mind syndrum. Do they have a name for that ;)
    my_name wrote:
    Thats what my parents say :p I guess we'll find out come August ;) God I'm for lack of conversation now. Blank mind syndrum. Do they have a name for that ;)
    Yeah, sleepiness ;) Maybe i'm projecting... but i sure am.. Maybe it's time to go bed...
    bluewisdom wrote:
    Yeah, sleepiness ;) Maybe i'm projecting... but i sure am.. Maybe it's time to go bed...

I think that too, very much. I just don't want to. Tired. Just dont' want to sleep!
    my_name wrote:
    I think that too, very much. I just don't want to. Tired. Just dont' want to sleep!
    I know what you mean... I should really be off to bed now but, to keep up with the thread's title, it's just so difficult to leave because this place is so fucking addictive!!!
    It is addictive. Shame more people aren't up at this time! I just don' twant to go to sleep because... I dont know. I dont want to go because I know tomorro wwill be another day just like today.

Maybe I"ll exchange my shoes and that will be the highlight. I love my boyfriend and the life he lets me lead, but I hate it because its just so boring. So repetive. I look for classes at the gym to spice up my life. My god. I wonder sometims if my life is this boring because of him. It wasn't boring before. Now it is. Though now I'm also finalncially stable and stable in the rest of my life. I don't want it to be this way. I dont want the fun in my life to be online. I dont want to spend the hour and a half to get my hairn un-afro to get on the internet. I just don't know. I'm drunk, I think too much when I drink. Becaue I can't smoke anymore. That was fun times. Lost alot of friends when I quit. My best friend. She was psycho. Got mad at you whenever you had something good going on. She alway seemed to hate me. BUt I loved her. She was my best friend. The best friend I"ve ever had. She was the world to me, and for over half a year she's been gone. Becasue I"m fucked up. She wouldn't even think of speaking to me now. BUt the best years of my life, forgotten about because the person I spent them with is too good for me. I left her, I abondened her. I've never been more sorry in my life. She was the best thing in the world to me. And she hates me. I spend alot of time with Ed when I met him. I lived far away. I didnt' have the money for gas to visit her. I didn't have the money for my phone bill so it was always shut off so I couldn't call her, and now, for so long, I've never even spoken to her because she's better off without me. What do I look forward to now, drinking, so I can just fall asleep withought a though, a friend, and just wake up tomorrow to do the same. She's a thousand times better off and I'm just pathetic.