Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Scientology

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Whats peoples view on this "religion"?
Now Im not a big fan of religion on the whole but I respect peoples beliefs and dont slag it off in their company.But this scientology sounds like a load of old codswalllop to me..... :eek2: Giving birth in silence and treating mentally ill people with vitamins?? :confused:
I read one quote about a woman who follows this religion and gave birth in silence and she explained her reasons as such,
"When giving birth and the babys head is in the birth channel,if it hears the midwife saying"push,push"and the mother screaming, then later in life if the child struggles to open a gate and someone says "push" it could bring back the fear of birth??!!" :confused:
Personally I dont have memories of being born and Iv worked with horses and stuck stable doors and I dont have any flashbacks or fears of opening a gate......Whats everyone elses view?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Scientology is not a Science or a Religion it is a money making scam/cult that charges its members money for joining with the promise of reducing how depressed they are.

It is the fictional ideas of a sicence fiction writer who was mediocre at best.

It is fucking clown shoes!
    what is it based on ...as in what are it's foundations or founding beliefs?
    It's a cult, nothing more, nothing less.

The Germans have the right idea.
    Phew,glad Im not the only one that cant stand it then!!Do you think its a brainwashing cult as well,because from what Iv read it really seems to MAKE its "followers" believe in it?
    Aliens died at the hands of an evil alien who banished their souls to earth but they escaped and possessed the first humans and so we are really those aliens...and dont use drugs as they are unnatural.

Find the Tom Cruise interview that Mtv called the top celebrity freak out of the Year for 2005. It was Scientology in action!
    I thought South Park was joking, but they really beleive that shit!
    "If you want to make money, start your own religon" - L. Ron Hubbard (founder of scientology)
    No southpark was not joking, that is the actual faith of Scientology in its truest form ever!
    Aliens,this sounds like its based on that game destroy all humans. :crazyeyes
    Scientology like the ‘Kabbalah Centre’ is bordering on a cult. There was an excellent programme a year or so ago on the Kabbalah Centre that truly exposed it for the money making sham that it is. Unfortunately people are fooled by celebrity adherents to these ‘religions’ – while the likes of Madonna and Tom Cruise don’t fare too badly your ordinary schmuck off the street who gets caught in one of these religions ends up brainwashed and broke.

Since it’ll probably come up soon – what is a cult? What’s the difference between a cult and a religion?

http://www.cultinformation.org.uk/faq.html#cult
    http://www.cultclinic.org/qa3.html
    Since it’ll probably come up soon – what is a cult? What’s the difference between a cult and a religion?

http://www.cultinformation.org.uk/faq.html#cult
    http://www.cultclinic.org/qa3.html
    a cult always has a living human who is venerated/worshiped.
    "You don't get rich writing science fiction. If you want to get rich, you start a religion."
    - L. Ron Hubbard (the founder of Scientology)

enough said. :yeees:
    "You don't get rich writing science fiction. If you want to get rich, you start a religion."
    - L. Ron Hubbard (the founder of Scientology)

enough said. :yeees:
    nothing personal mate but ...why do americans blindly suck in this kinda stuff?
    Todays quick fix society is`nt it?Especially in america with things like plastic surgeons replacing corner shops and lunchtime boob jobs. :rolleyes:
    Its the same "give a donation and we`ll make everything better for you quickly" that people somehow believe......
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    A scam cult.

They tried to get me and my mum to join when we saw the in Slovakia. Fuck that shit, no way. Nutters the beleivers, I tell you!

I feel sorry for Yanks. They seem like young impressionable folk who are eager to beleive in things... no matter what it be! Aliens, God, Scientology... someone in the USA is buying what you are selling.
    nothing personal mate but ...why do americans blindly suck in this kinda stuff?
    I have no idea, it's a big country and we've got lots of idiots living here.
    There are some home school kids who believe during creation God gave man the gun to shoot the migrants and the homosexuals...That is what america is like!
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    subject13 wrote:
    There are some home school kids who believe during creation God gave man the gun to shoot the migrants and the homosexuals...That is what america is like!
    Are you serious?? I thought the people who think the bible was written by God himself and in person were the epitome of stupidity!
    How can people believe in the bible but yet dont believe in vampires and werewolves?
    Jesus coming back from the dead,walkng across water,feeding millions of people with a loaf of bread,no butter and half a fish?The garden of eden and that snake etc?
    Not a slag off but if you can believe all that REALLY happened whats stupid about werewolves?
    The Leaf wrote:
    Not a slag off but if you can believe all that REALLY happened whats stupid about werewolves?
    Werewolves have always been designed as fiction, whereas Jesus was written about as an actual historical figure. So werewolves don't count. Bigfoot on the other hand......
    What about the abominable snowman?
    Also,dont myths come about from strange real life occurences?Like the french boy who used to hunt with a pack of wolves and dressed in old wolf fur,or people who attended shape shifter rituals under drugs influence and hallucinated being a wolf?
    Everything you could ever want to know (and then forget) about Scientology. It makes my skin crawl.

There was a Church of Scientology in my local town centre where I went to school, probably trying to "recruit" the down and out...although everyone knows that only their rich, donor members get the good treatment. They even had a go at recruiting catholic schoolgirls.. niiice. :chin:
    These people sound like nasty,dirty little scumbags who prey on peoples insecurities and promise to help in exchange for money...... :mad:
    Plus,they sound like a bunch of absolute loons to boot :rolleyes:
    The more you pay the higher up the ladder you get. Which is why Cruise and Travolta do so well out of it, but the hobos don't.

As for the alien thing though, I kinda think it might be true. Cruise and Travolta?
    At the moment, I just feel sorry for Katie Holmes. In accordance with her stupid boyfriend's equally stupid Scientology bollocks, she has to give a silent birth and has to "make all physical movements" during the birth "slow and understandable". Neither is she allowed any painkillers in the process. Every woman who I know that's given birth feels for her, and even I do by now. Poor woman. :(

Now, am I right to say that Scientology was created by a man?
    Hopefully Tom Cruise will inadvertantly show people how weird Scientology is - I haven't seen any positive comments about it anywhere.

How do people 'invent' a religion? That in itself seems odd to me. I feel sorry for Katie Holmes (reading some of the things on that website Briggi makes it look like he is paying her for all of this.), she seems so naive.
    stargalaxy wrote:
    At the moment, I just feel sorry for Katie Holmes. In accordance with her stupid boyfriend's equally stupid Scientology bollocks, she has to give a silent birth and has to "make all physical movements" during the birth "slow and understandable". Neither is she allowed any painkillers in the process. Every woman who I know that's given birth feels for her, and even I do by now. Poor woman. :(

Now, am I right to say that Scientology was created by a man?

To be fair to the clams I think they "allow" her to scream... it's just the "bad words" that might upset the wee one (hmm) that aren't permitted.

Don't feel too sorry for her, I'm sure she's rolling in moolah and that 1000% more people have heard of Katie Holmes now than had a year ago. ;)
    Any one who follows Scientology has to be of sub-normal intellect, though i shouldnt say that as the "church" of scientology has a habit of sueing everyone and everything with money!
    Well,Im anonymous on this forum so I can say that I think the "church" of scientology is the biggest,smelliest,sweatiest and sloppiest pile of shit Iv ever come across and all its followers are manipulated and need to be shown the light.
    Better?
    The Leaf wrote:
    Well,Im anonymous on this forum so I can say that I think the "church" of scientology is the biggest,smelliest,sweatiest and sloppiest pile of shit Iv ever come across and all its followers are thick,stupid and need a damn good slap. :razz:

That's because you're a thetan and you need to be audited, immediately.

:yeees: