Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Ding! Council Tax.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A big fat Fuck You!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    >sigh<
    A big fat Fuck You!
    I have been warned off by Jim V, so pm me.
    Oh clever you, what an original plan.

Anyone would think that the Council Tax staff were stupid.

You won't manage it, because they ask for enough proof to monitor such pathetic examples of creative accounting. Greater minds than yours still have to pay it.

And on another tangent, what the fuck gives you the right to steal my money?
    And on another tangent, what the fuck gives you the right to steal my money?

:confused:
    Ah, I forgot, money doesn't exist. And taxation is theft!

I pay for Council Tax Benefit for those who are poor. Not for those who are wealthy, but too fucking selfish to pay their way.

If you rob CTB off the council, you're robbing it off me. And you can fuck off with your fraud.
    You really are quite mad.

If I avoid getting mugged, you would hardly moan that I should have "paid my fair share" or that you would have to get robbed more, would you?

You pay it because you are scared to tell them to get stuffed, simple as.

The "council" claim money is owed because you are within a certain geographic region. Got any evidence for the existence of that geographic region?
    A big fat Fuck You!
    katralla wrote:
    Some people think it is ok to pay their taxes and then insult anyone who benefits from them in a way that they dissaprove of and wouldn't pay towards volutarily- makes no sense...

:confused:

If your salary is below the threshold for CTB then by all means get what you're entitled to.

But trying to fiddle your books to make your salary look less is fraud, and benefit fraudsters should have the book thrown at them.

CTB is there for poor people, not people who are too damn selfish to pay for what they receive.
    klintock wrote:
    If I avoid getting mugged, you would hardly moan that I should have "paid my fair share" or that you would have to get robbed more, would you?

What the arsing fuck are you on about now?

If you provide and receive consideration you're not getting "mugged".

You get your bins emptied, don't you, and the street lights and roads don't maintain themselves.
    If you provide and receive consideration you're not getting "mugged".

And any payment should only equal said consideration. Do the council even provide these services in most places?

Nope.

Private companies do. The council is just a very, very, very expensive and pointless middleman.

Do you have to pay even if you dispose of your rubbish yourself or are blind?

Yep. It's theft kermit with a few desultory services chucked in to make it look good. Government modus operandi in a nutshell.

klintock wrote:
    And any payment should only equal said consideration. Do the council even provide these services in most places?

Councils don't make profits, which means the services you receive equate to the money paid out.
    Do you have to pay even if you dispose of your rubbish yourself or are blind?

Where do you dispose of the rubbish yourself?

The rubbish tip is council-owned after all...
    Councils don't make profits, which means the services you receive equate to the money paid out.

There are hundreds of people who work for my local council ho purely and simply do not need to be there. Each one of them gets needlessly paid and therefore makes a profit personally from CT.
    The rubbish tip is council-owned after all...

What stops me from opening my own tip?
    klintock wrote:
    There are hundreds of people who work for my local council ho purely and simply do not need to be there. Each one of them gets needlessly paid and therefore makes a profit personally from CT.

Why do they not need to be there?

Because they don't personally serve your every whim?
    What stops me from opening my own tip?

Nothing. Go for it.

But you still have to pay for access to the service.
    Why do they not need to be there?

Because they pay private companies to do all their work. that being the case, only the private companies need to exist, and I deal with them directly.
    Because they don't personally serve your every whim?

Exactly. If your going to claim some sort of contractual relationship, then what I want is paramount or nothing happens.
    A big fat Fuck You!
    klintock wrote:
    Because they pay private companies to do all their work.

No they don't.
    katralla wrote:
    Loads of people on this board don't pay council tax (the green man himself probably didn't for three or four years- but I'M a theif???). Avoidance is a seperate issue from evasion...

Have you got problems comprehending English or something?

If you are entitled to receive CTB- you're a student or you're poor- then fair play. get what you're entitled to.

You are not "avoiding" paying council tax- you are defrauding the council's ratepayers by claiming something you are not entitled to. You are a fraudster, you are a thief.

You are attempting to use creative accounting to claim something you are not entitled to. When they catch you doing it I hope they throw the book at you. It's nothing personal, ALL benefit fraudsters should have the book thrown at them. If I had my way I'd bar them from accessing all benefits for the rest of their lives.
    No they don't.

"He's behind you!!!!" You got some proof of that?
    If I had my way I'd bar them from accessing all benefits for the rest of their lives.

I'd bite your hands clean off if it meant no tax, which of course it should if that contractual obliation you are claiming exists.
    Actually, I have asked this question to the parasites down the CT office a few times over the last few years, and perhaps you would like to answer me -

Is council tax a contract?
    A big fat Fuck You!
    katralla wrote:
    I was/am not attempting to use 'creative accounting'

That's exactly what you're doing. Your first post gave enough clues. You said you had submitted a claim based on your monthly figures - which by your own admission is a "profit" - that had been turned down. So you're going to fiddle the system by submitting a claim based on weekly accounts instead. You know fine well that you should be paying the full amount.

Gee, maybe I should submit a claim based on the three weeks per month that I don't get paid in.
    A big fat Fuck You!
    A big fat Fuck You!
    katralla wrote:
    A big fat Fuck You!

Eloquent.
    What was the point in this thread if not to show you trying to get around paying (more)?
    I am genuinely interested.
    What was the point in this thread if not to show you trying to get around paying (more)?
    That's exactly what you're doing. Your first post gave enough clues. You said you had submitted a claim based on your monthly figures - which by your own admission is a "profit" - that had been turned down. So you're going to fiddle the system by submitting a claim based on weekly accounts instead. You know fine well that you should be paying the full amount.

Both of you obviously assume their is some debt owed. Can you show me some facts to support this idea?
    klintock wrote:
    Both of you obviously assume their is some debt owed. Can you show me some facts to support this idea?

Yawn.
    :)
    klintock wrote:

I don't at all, but you know not many people can afford to pay a whole bill in one go so there probably is money oweing.
    Either way thats not what i was getting at. :rolleyes:
    Tweety wrote:

There wasn't one.

Katralla likes having the services councils provide, but doesn't seem quite so happy to pay her way. She is, in fact, happy to steal £900+ from the people in her city.

And I've got to love her eloquent responses when people point out she's thieving. Funny how her obscene insults to me have disappeared, isn't it petal?