Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

halfway through worms ...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
theres a flash on the screen and the keyboard stops working.
mouse works ...scenery still moving but i canna move my bloody worms ...what s the prob?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Does ctrl,alt del work?This computer does that sometimes and the only thing to do is crash it....... :mad:
    The Leaf wrote:
    Does ctrl,alt del work?This computer does that sometimes and the only thing to do is crash it....... :mad:
    everything works cept the keyboard but only when playing worms.
    i have searched for bugs and system clean. could it be a fault on the disc ...it is getting a bit old and scratchy?
    Hmmm.........not sure,maybe.Have you tried cleaning it?
    It could be something stupid like if the keyboards quite old it may not be compatible... :banghead:
    You know how complicated and fiddly they like to make these bloody machines :mad:
    The Leaf wrote:
    Hmmm.........not sure,maybe.Have you tried cleaning it?
    It could be something stupid like if the keyboards quite old it may not be compatible... :banghead:
    You know how complicated and fiddly they like to make these bloody machines :mad:
    the keyboard is about as old as the game but they have worked well together for years ...till now.
    yep ...cleaned the disc.
    Have you tried restarting the whole computer?Its a pain in the arse I know but if that dont work then Im really sorry but Im stumped :confused: Have you checked the games settings to see if somethings changed there?
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Press enter, alt tab, etc.

If not, get a NoCD crack for it, probably off gameburnworld or gamecopyworld... they have most things. Could be the old CD!

Plus we all know WinXP hates old games. :( You can probably, if you want, pick up an old PC for cheap or free with win95 that'll play it. I have one for Red Alert! Just for that alone.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I have win98 installed on a separate hard drive for old games. You don't need an old computer to run old OSes...
    Zalbor wrote:
    I have win98 installed on a separate hard drive for old games. You don't need an old computer to run old OSes...

I think it was windows 95.. it used to have trouble detecting HDDs over a certain size. But dont suppose it matters all that much. I just fiddle everything to get it to work in XP :) - except today I was playing oblivion and then I got a 'sticky keys' notification come up :mad:
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I think it was windows 95..
    Well yeah, but AFAIK there's nothing that works in 95 and doesn't in 98.