Home Politics & Debate
Come and join our Support Circle, every Tuesday, 8 - 9:30pm! Limited spaces available! Sign up here

Religious people know they are full of shit.

145791017

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    klintock wrote:
    Good idea. Shame I am off the beer atm. :impissed:

    crack isn't the answer :lol: ........i'd stick to beer.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    How many seriously religious people do you know, Klintock? To answer my own question, I know 3. And I can honestly say that none of them talk crap, nor do they force their views of God's existence upon me...

    I grew up with those types. They are all loons.
    not sure which shit is worse meself ...the worship of celbrity fashion and money comes a big first in the shit stakes in my book.

    This and the reaction to it are telling. The reason why folk have a problem letting go of religion (aside from the whole mortality issue) is what it means their parents have done to them in a lot of cases.

    It means that the people who are supposedly closest to you have filled your head with shit designed to control you. Not a happy thought, is it?
    crack isn't the answer :lol:

    I am going to thave the memory of a few instead I think.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    klintock wrote:
    their parents have done to them in a lot of cases.

    It means that the people who are supposedly closest to you have filled your head with shit designed to control you. Not a happy thought, is it?



    .
    don't for gods sake have kids klint ...you'll make a dreadful father and husband.
    were you badly abused?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    don't for gods sake have kids klint ...you'll make a dreadful father and husband.

    Too late was the cry!
    were you badly abused?

    I wasn't abused at all.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hot debate.

    I don't think it's really appropriate to call all religious people loons, nor is saying that religion is just something to keep people happy. I don't really think you can answer religion in this world. You don't know.

    Evidence here and evidence there. What if God just clouded everything or Satan intentionally planted evidence against God's existence? Can you prove this? I can't.

    I agree with you partially Klintock. Religion is a thing that keeps people happy. Why is it such a bad thing though? There is absolutely no concrete evidence that God cannot exist.

    I think your entering my personal space by calling religious people full of shit.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Religious belief inevitably leads to totalitarianism, torture, mass murder, brainwashing and all that other good stuff.

    That's pretty in your face too, don't forget.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    quarfly wrote:
    I think your entering my personal space by calling religious people full of shit.

    :lol: you just crack me up.
    klintock wrote:
    Religious belief inevitably leads to totalitarianism, torture, mass murder, brainwashing and all that other good stuff.

    That's pretty in your face too, don't forget.

    i'd say that's bullshit, you're talking about fundamentalism which is dangerous noone's denying that, my interpretation of christianity is obviously different from yours, i don't know what kind of background you're coming from but it's clearly messed you up........i thought i had a weird upbringing but i've got nothing on you.....
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    :lol: you just crack me up.

    I'm sorry, but I fail to find the humour in what I said. Could you enlighten me, please? :p
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i'd say that's bullshit, you're talking about fundamentalism which is dangerous noone's denying that, my interpretation of christianity is obviously different from yours, i don't know what kind of background you're coming from but it's clearly messed you up........i thought i had a weird upbringing but i've got nothing on you.....

    It's inevitable. If you say one set of behaviours is good, and another set of behaviours is bad, then not only is it your duty to do the good behaviours but ALSO to stamp out those bad behaviours, to "save" the sinners.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    klintock wrote:
    Religious belief inevitably leads to totalitarianism, torture, mass murder, brainwashing and all that other good stuff.

    That's pretty in your face too, don't forget.
    you realy are full of shite!
    politics is what your getting mixed up with ...and of course science.
    i can SEE ...science at work ...burning holes in the sky ...destroying eco systems ...destroying the planets oceans ...raping and pillaging the earth.
    this i can SEEE.
    YOU put your faith in the new god ...a very dangerous and profit hungry god.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    you've both just given arguements based on damging applications of the ideologies though. Yes, science can be applied to harmfull results, as can religion. Both of these are evidenced by history, including the recent. So, we can see that both religion and science can be harmfull, but when is religion good? What positive purpose does it serve?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    katralla wrote:
    you've both just given arguements based on damging applications of the ideologies though. Yes, science can be applied to harmfull results, as can religion. Both of these are evidenced by history, including the recent. So, we can see that both religion and science can be harmfull, but when is religion good? What positive purpose does it serve?
    maybe you should ask the three or four billion people who are involved in religion what comfort and hope they get out of it.
    don't ask me though as i refuse to have anything to do with it.
    i'm a bit like that jesus fellah in that respect ...i'd trash the temples too.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    you've both just given arguements based on damging applications of the ideologies though. Yes, science can be applied to harmfull results, as can religion. Both of these are evidenced by history, including the recent. So, we can see that both religion and science can be harmfull, but when is religion good? What positive purpose does it serve?

    I think when either one is concerned with human hapiness above all. I just think that false belief is antithetical to human happiness.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    can you remember "the pope is dead" thread last year rolly?........when i got clobbered left,right and center,for having the cheek to say i didnt care about the pope dying.
    the biggest shit i got was from capaicity,and i said sorry.it wasnt accepted but there you go.

    my point, is that you may not believe in god,but there are people that do....end of!
    there is no point to this thread anymore,because there is nothing to be gained from it.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Fair enough Deano.

    I think it's just about done any road.

    btw, whenever I read your name I can hear the ronnettes -

    "Deano mac....when are you coming back?"
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    klintock wrote:
    Fair enough Deano.

    I think it's just about done any road.

    btw, whenever I read your name I can hear the ronnettes -

    "Deano mac....when are you coming back?"
    jesus ...when are you coming back ...doesn't have quite the same ring ...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    can you remember "the pope is dead" thread last year rolly?........when i got clobbered left,right and center,for having the cheek to say i didnt care about the pope dying.
    the biggest shit i got was from capaicity,and i said sorry.it wasnt accepted but there you go.

    my point, is that you may not believe in god,but there are people that do....end of!
    there is no point to this thread anymore,because there is nothing to be gained from it.
    yes i can ...i bet i was in there somewhere ...celebrating! :thumb:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    klintock wrote:
    Fair enough Deano.

    I think it's just about done any road.

    btw, whenever I read your name I can hear the ronnettes -

    "Deano mac....when are you coming back?"
    :D ..i should have been called jimmy.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Wasn`t it Martha Reeves and the Vandellas ? :chin:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    seeker wrote:
    Wasn`t it Martha Reeves and the Vandellas ? :chin:
    You must be as old as me!!!!!!!!!!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You must be as old as me!!!!!!!!!!

    Older ;)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    seeker wrote:
    Older ;)
    mods ...ban this geezer ...
    i'm sposed be the old git round here ...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    klintock wrote:
    So, do you think anyone really believes in religious teaching or am I right to claim that no one does?
    A man of God claims his reality is absolute, you claim your reality is absolute. In effect you're just as delusional as he is by believing something that cannot be tested.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Stalin's Organist Posts: 13,327
    A man of God claims his reality is absolute, you claim your reality is absolute. In effect you're just as delusional as he is by believing something that cannot be tested.

    Infact... we are all delusional as we claim certainty on matters but we cannot know it at all.

    We claim knowledge, infact, of things we never see. Everyone does it.

    Nutters, the lot of us!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Still waiting for Klintock to prove that God doesn't exist.

    Of course, using Klintock's flawless logic, I don't exist either. He can't see me, he has no proof I'm here, so therefore I don't exist.

    It must be hard having Asperger's.

    Did atoms exist before they were found?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kermit wrote:
    Still waiting for Klintock to prove that God doesn't exist.

    I'm also waiting for this.
    I grew up with those types. They are all loons.

    Stop stereotyping.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Still waiting for Klintock to prove that God doesn't exist.

    Name the standard for your proof. Be aware, however, that I will be simultaneously apply the same criteria to the notion that god DOES exist.
    Of course, using Klintock's flawless logic, I don't exist either. He can't see me, he has no proof I'm here, so therefore I don't exist.

    Esoteric aren'tcha?
    It must be hard having Asperger's.

    I'll find someone who does and ask them for you.
    Did atoms exist before they were found?

    They dion't exist.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    klintock wrote:
    They dion't exist.

    So why on earth would I have needed to be taught about them when I was doing GCSE Science? :rolleyes:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sofie wrote:
    So why on earth would I have needed to be taught about them when I was doing GCSE Science? :rolleyes:

    Why would you need to be taught?

    SCHOOLS DON'T EXIST. TEACHERS ARE CHILD ABUSERS.

    It's normally best to ignore Klintock.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    So why on earth would I have needed to be taught about them when I was doing GCSE Science? :rolleyes:

    You were taught atomic theory. There is no proof for them, it's just a model that explains a lot that really goes on.

    Physicists will happily tell you that it's a lie, just a useful one.
Sign In or Register to comment.