Home Politics & Debate

Religious people know they are full of shit.

13468917

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    klintock wrote:
    The way in which we would determine a fault would be to return once again to the real, physical world and devise some kind of test.

    If we do so, we of course find out, once again that I am correct and that there is "something wrong" with religious thinkers.
    So gravity didn't exist before Newton?

    I'll allow you to fail to understand religious faith, but to claim that religious people are mad because you cannot see what the fuss is all about is just arrogance in the extreme.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    bluewisdom wrote:
    Yeah, I know, but that doesn't stop it from being abusive still. And anyhow he has not only been abusing Christians but ALL religious and believing people.

    What is wrong with insulting peoples beliefs?

    a lot of things people beleive are bollocks and they should be told so, not just religion.

    That is the point of debate innit.......
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    klintock wrote:
    It's not abuse to point out facts.
    Well, let's see, you have called me "scizophrenic", "nutter", "delusional", "full of shit"... to name a few. And the fact that you claim these to be facts themselves, makes them more abusive still (not to mention ignorant and many other things which I will not stoop to your level to say).
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    So gravity didn't exist before Newton?

    Already covered this argument earlier in the thread, at least I think.
    I'll allow you to fail to understand religious faith, but to claim that religious people are mad because you cannot see what the fuss is all about is just arrogance in the extreme.

    No, it's just bald stating of facts. It might be a bit abrasive to your ears if you are used to the weaker forms of belief in reality, where theres this "your entitled to your beliefs no matter how faulty they are" ethos prevails.

    Theres no santa, theres no god. If you tell me there is santa, I assume you are manipulating me in some way or your crazy. Same with god.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    klintock wrote:
    No, it's just bald stating of facts.

    You show me concrete evidence* that states those who follow a religion have some kind of mental issue and then you'll have the right to call it a fact.

    In the meantime, the rest of us can see it's just your opinion.




    *it'll need to be from someone a little more intelligent than yourself.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    klintock wrote:
    1) In the absence of evidence, you cannot say something exists, in fact you must say that it doesn't until proof arrives.

    Bible? Do you think whoever wrote the bible would sit down and write that kind of thing without proof?
    2) There is no evidence for the existence of god.

    There's also no proof that he doesn't exist. How do you explain the evil (natural; nothing created by man) that goes on in the world today then?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well, let's see, you have called me "scizophrenic", "nutter", "delusional", "full of shit"... to name a few. And the fact that you claim these to be facts themselves, makes them more abusive still (not to mention ignorant and many other things which I will not stoop to your level to say).

    Not at all. I have called "people who believe" (more properly people who pretend to believe, no one really does, everyone knows it's all cack deep down) nuts etc.

    If you decide to put yourself in that category, why not just imagine yourself something comforting as a way out of it?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kentish wrote:
    So gravity didn't exist before Newton?

    No the evidence was always there, but not the method to 'prove' it or certainly to quantify it.

    You could always test the hypothesis, 'if I drop something it will fall', and would be unable to show that this is not the case. The evidence is everywhere that this is the case.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Toadborg wrote:
    What is wrong with insulting peoples beliefs?

    a lot of things people beleive are bollocks and they should be told so, not just religion.

    That is the point of debate innit.......
    The point of debate is questioning other's beliefs, not insulting them. That is the difference between having a debate with respect and being offensive and abusive.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sofie wrote:
    Bible? Do you think whoever wrote the bible would sit down and write that kind of thing without proof?

    :yes:

    If Tolkein had cliamed the Lord of the Rings was a historical document would you beleive him?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    bluewisdom wrote:
    The point of debate is questioning other's beliefs, not insulting them. That is the difference between having a debate with respect and being offensive and abusive.

    If someone came on here spouting out racist hate, should we all respect their beliefs?

    Why do religious beleifs need some kind of special protection?

    I suspect it is because religious beliefs are founded on faith and not reason and thus cannot be defended, but then that is the point.......
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Bible? Do you think whoever wrote the bible would sit down and write that kind of thing without proof?

    Yep. Didn't your mum and dad tell you that santa was real knowing it was bollocks? Why did they do that i wonder?
    You show me concrete evidence* that states those who follow a religion have some kind of mental issue and then you'll have the right to call it a fact.

    Already done.
    There's also no proof that he doesn't exist. How do you explain the evil (natural; nothing created by man) that goes on in the world today then?

    I don't. It's not relevent to this issue at all. This issue is of people holding beliefs that are bnot accurate about the world, not on "evil".
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    bluewisdom wrote:
    The point of debate is questioning other's beliefs, not insulting them. That is the difference between having a debate with respect and being offensive and abusive.

    :yes:
    You show me concrete evidence* that states those who follow a religion have some kind of mental issue and then you'll have the right to call it a fact.

    I'd also like to see this evidence as well.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    klintock wrote:
    Already done.

    No it hasn't. For example, I could say "You're an absolute f'ing cock" and call it 'fact' when actually all it is is my opinion. I'm sure others share the view too, but it's still just an opinion.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The point of debate is questioning other's beliefs, not insulting them. That is the difference between having a debate with respect and being offensive and abusive.

    Calling someone with mental health difficulties "mad" can be insulting I quite admit. Will "schizophrenic" do instead?
    I'd also like to see this evidence as well.

    So would I. If your standard of proof is the same for the assertion that god exists, then just by saying it, it is so. If youwant to refer to the real world, then the lack of evidence for the assertion of god's existence, along with the assertion anayway is proof enough of mental instability.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    klintock wrote:
    So would I. If your standard of proof is the same for the assertion that god exists, then just by saying it, it is so. If youwant to refer to the real world, then the lack of evidence for the assertion of god's existence, along with the assertion anayway is proof enough of mental instability.

    So does that mean you're calling my daughter mentally unstable for believing in the Easter Bunny?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No it hasn't. For example, I could say "You're an absolute f'ing cock" and call it 'fact' when actually all it is is my opinion. I'm sure others share the view too, but it's still just an opinion.

    Not at all. The criteria for being a loon is well known - seeing things that aren't there is one way for you to discern this, as is claiming the existence of stuff that no one can sense in any other way. Religious people meet this criteria 100%.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    klintock wrote:
    Yep. Didn't your mum and dad tell you that santa was real knowing it was bollocks? Why did they do that i wonder?

    Didn't YOUR parents do exactly the same thing to you when you were younger?
    I don't. It's not relevent to this issue at all. This issue is of people holding beliefs that are bnot accurate about the world, not on "evil".

    How do you explain all evil that goes on in the world then? :rolleyes:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    klintock wrote:
    Not at all. The criteria for being a loon is well known - seeing things that aren't there is one way for you to discern this, as is claiming the existence of stuff that no one can sense in any other way. Religious people meet this criteria 100%.

    So you're seeing mentally unstable people who aren't there either - so that makes you mentally unstable too.

    Takes one to know one I guess?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    So does that mean you're calling my daughter mentally unstable for believing in the Easter Bunny?

    Only if she carried believing on after you told her you lied to her. As would yourself, in fact.
    Didn't YOUR parents do exactly the same thing to you when you were younger?

    Yeah sure, it jazzed up xmas for them or some shit like that.
    How do you explain all evil that goes on in the world then? :rolleyes:
    I don't. It's not relevent to this issue at all. This issue is of people holding beliefs that are bnot accurate about the world, not on "evil".
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    klintock wrote:
    Only if she carried believing on after you told her you lied to her. As would yourself, in fact.

    I was right. You ARE a cock.


    Fact.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Klintock - Shut up. Seriously, you're talking shit and you know that.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    lol one thing you'll learn about klintock is that he never shuts up, fair play to him but it does get a bit tiresome listening to him.......im off for a pint.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Klintock - Shut up. Seriously, you're talking shit and you know that.

    The reason this stuff gets so emotional for religious types is because as the title says, they KNOW it's all a pile of crap. There are a shitload of issues to deal with when you raise it, a lot of them very uncomfortable, around death, being lied to by your family etc etc

    Well worth paying attention to the truth tho.
    lol one thing you'll learn about klintock is that he never shuts up, fair play to him but it does get a bit tiresome listening to him.......im off for a pint.

    Good idea. Shame I am off the beer atm. :impissed:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    How many seriously religious people do you know, Klintock? To answer my own question, I know 3. And I can honestly say that none of them talk crap, nor do they force their views of God's existence upon me...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I was right. You ARE a cock.


    Fact.

    Now why would that be? Becasue you migh actually be worried that by filling your child's head full of shit you are doing her mental harm?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    katralla wrote:
    Now why would that be? Becasue you migh actually be worried that by filling your child's head full of shit you are doing her mental harm?
    not sure which shit is worse meself ...the worship of celbrity fashion and money comes a big first in the shit stakes in my book.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    katralla wrote:
    Now why would that be? Becasue you migh actually be worried that by filling your child's head full of shit you are doing her mental harm?

    Shut up!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    or what turlough?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    katralla wrote:
    or what turlough?

    Or nothing
Sign In or Register to comment.