Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

get your tattoos out!!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i have a lotus flower on my lower back:
    beans wrote:
    Alas i don't have a tattoo so you can have a picture of my boyfriends weird angel face thing.

Quite cool tatoo :yes:
    I really like Native American and Chinese symbols. The next one I am going to get next is the same as the Mayan chick(?) on this guy, also in the same place.

nk11.jpg

ChineseSun.jpg

I also have a Chinese sunset symbol which is the symbol of Yang energy which it "purifies and energizes at the same time"

I have another two, one on my left ankle just below my ankle bone which is another Chinese symbol and means "Energy", and another in the same place but on the right ankle which means "Clarity"

Left | Right
    I feel like showing off today so here are mine. Sorry for the bad pictures I have very shaky hands :\

ETA: I'm really liking yours Koe.
    I have a tat on my right shoulder, don't think I have a photo of it but it's supposed to be a brand/burn mark. I get a lot of "what's that?" ques, and faces of "wish I'd never asked" when I tell 'em.

Does anyone have any scarification or branding mark? I'd quite like one. Used to know someone who did his own- but I'm not that way inclined tbh.
    katralla wrote:
    I have a tat on my right shoulder, don't think I have a photo of it but it's supposed to be a brand/burn mark. I get a lot of "what's that?" ques, and faces of "wish I'd never asked" when I tell 'em.

Does anyone have any scarification or branding mark? I'd quite like one. Used to know someone who did his own- but I'm not that way inclined tbh.

I have got a buring on my left arm a cross and also 3 other burning that look like a paw that I did 7 years ago...
    Kaffrin your tattoo is awesome!!!!!!!!!

Heres's mine, excuse how pale and small I am this pic is very old lol! I look like a broad backed tanned up gym monkey now ;)

And seriously, this is the only pic I can find of it at work, so I'm sorry, I'm not being a poser. These are my pics for my weight lifting journal ;/ Also because of the pose I'm in the tattoo is squished up horizontally, its actually much bigger across my back, I'll get you all a decent pic in the week sometime

ETA: Taken my link out now, I really dont like this pic lol.
    Got 4, but only got 2 in pics.

1 barcode in my neck, one pentagram at the back of my neck, a ying-yang (that will go when I have cash) on my right shoulder and a tribal on my left side (that will go too, was done to go over a tatoo i did myself as a teeen)

Will get an other one soon, a A on my right arm, either a gothic one in black or one simillar to the Anarchist one in red. Also considering having one in my back behind my heart which would look like you can see inside me and see some demons attached to my heart. Just need cash first tho.

goddamit i was going to get a barcode.. looks like im not as original as i thought! :)

nice idea on the heart thingy, sounds awesome
    I have got a buring on my left arm a cross and also 3 other burning that look like a paw that I did 7 years ago...

Pic of them...

branding_1.jpg
    I got two. Want another one though.

First one I got about 5years ago on me lower back
    Second one I got done a few months ago on the back of me neck.
    Nice one C2B
    It's a minging photo of me but the only one I have showing my tatt.

n202902010_30115016_2554.jpg
    heres mine
    tat3wb.jpg
    Rachael wrote:
    heres mine
    tat3wb.jpg

cute
    thanks its tinyy. i get asked if its real a lot. apparently it looks fake.
    Rachael wrote:
    thanks its tinyy. i get asked if its real a lot. apparently it looks fake.

doesn't look fake to me...
    ew i hate tacky tattoos :(
    Who's are you talking about Lipsy? :(
    Who's are you talking about Lipsy? :(
    well not yours coz your photo wouldn't load :p

eta: and now you've removed it!
    i dont like coloured or cartoony ones. i know someone with a big blue dolphin on her boob -it looks mingin.
    lipsy wrote:
    ew i hate tacky tattoos :(

mine??
    Violette wrote:
    AGREED. theyre horrific. and people who get shit like tigger need to just be stopped. and the big pictures of people. and all the weird stuff tbh.

did the burnings hurt nihilistic??
    I'd usually agree but one of my college friends has a My Little Pony and you wouldn't think it, but on her it looks good. I wouldn't, though. And I wouldn't get a coloured one 'cos I'm scared of it fading. I do want another, though. Maybe some more Greek.

One of my friends wants the first 3 lines of the Iliad (sing, O goddess, of the rage of Achilles, which has caused countless harm to the Achaeans, or something like that) but I'm not sure I'd go that far!
    Violette wrote:
    did the burnings hurt nihilistic??

Well I have a high tolerance for pain and back then used to enjoy it, so frankly it was quite ok... I really liked it tbh...
    I really like Native American and Chinese symbols. The next one I am going to get next is the same as the Mayan chick(?) on this guy, also in the same place.

nk11.jpg

ChineseSun.jpg

I also have a Chinese sunset symbol which is the symbol of Yang energy which it "purifies and energizes at the same time"

I have another two, one on my left ankle just below my ankle bone which is another Chinese symbol and means "Energy", and another in the same place but on the right ankle which means "Clarity"

Left | Right
    That guy looks like he is in so much pain! Ouch!

I could never have a tattoo. I'm too much of a wimp and to be honest, a tattoo I like now I may not like when I'm 80. Tattoos are permanant and that scares me.
    lol, i dont think he looks in pain at all.
    Tattoos dont really hurt - more like scratching. Obviously its different depending on where you get it. I barely felt the one on my neck, but the one on my lower tummy/hip was reeeaaally tickly. I was glad when it was over, although still wouldnt have said it actually hurt.

As for being 80 - im assuming my body will look like shit at 80 anyway - with or without pictures on it.
    By the time we are 80 tatto removal tecniques will be well evolved and it will be really easy to get them remove... It is already possible those days by either using laser or using an other treatment which I have forgotten the name... The techniques we have now are suppose to hurt a bit tho...
    piccolo wrote:
    One of my friends wants the first 3 lines of the Iliad (sing, O goddess, of the rage of Achilles, which has caused countless harm to the Achaeans, or something like that) but I'm not sure I'd go that far!

I really like that! I've contemplated getting a lyric before, but keep backing out.

I do have one tattoo which I got done when I was fairly young and maybe a wee bit more foolish than I am now. I don't hate it now, it's sort of a relic of past times... three little birds flying (the kind that look like a squashed McDonald's 'M', how symbolic) which is very simple and teeny-weeny so I can live with it.

C2BK I love the one on the back of your neck, and whichever poster had the lotus flower...that's pretty too. I like them all, to be honest.

Agree with lipsy about not being a fan of tittoos though, imagine when they start sagging. :yeees:
    I love the "what if i dont like it when im 80"-style tattoo rationale....i mean, to be honest, if you've lived with the tattoo for that many years, chances are you a) like it just as much or b)just dont care anymore. hehe.

And you have to be pretty stupid to go and scar yourself with something that doesnt at least mean something at the time its done....even if its a design that you just liked at the time, its still part of you and your personality right?

Im currently working up a design based on Hunter S. Thompson and his writings....cuz i really dig what the man talked and wrote about....maybe i wont in 50 years, but right now i do and i want to document that fact.
    I love the "what if i dont like it when im 80"-style tattoo rationale....i mean, to be honest, if you've lived with the tattoo for that many years, chances are you a) like it just as much or b)just dont care anymore. hehe.

And you have to be pretty stupid to go and scar yourself with something that doesnt at least mean something at the time its done....even if its a design that you just liked at the time, its still part of you and your personality right?

So true, could't have said it better
    Hey I got it recovered and you know as soon as I can it will go baby...

Or the easier and cheaper option is that you change your name by deed poll to the same as the ex.

Problem solved.

:p

Every year I say I'm getting a tattoo and every year it passes me by. Not 100% sure what kinda thing I want so that's why I hang back. Want something that symbolises the wife and kids and/or something for Scotland.

:D