Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

So bored of nights out

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I'm supposed to be going out tonight with my friend. The trouble is, every time we go out it's the same. I can even picture in my head the clothes we'll both be wearing.

We'll start off in Wetherspoons and have vodka and orange, then go to some cheesey bar, it'll be smokey and crowded, too loud to have a conversation, the music will be shit (hate the music in bars and clubs at the moment like that "something about your body" song).

After several hours of spending money I don't have, I'll be dragged to the chip shop even though I'm on a diet.

This has been the same routine for years. How can I make our nights out a bit different and something to look forward to?

Do you still enjoy nights out?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    wow that sounds awful :/
    just go to different bars!and start off somehwere different! you live in birmingham, i'm sure there are loads to choose from. different bars and clubs will play different music. they don't all have to be cheesy. i'm sure there are ones that play funky house or indie music or whatever it is you're into. if you're not sure which ones to go to do a bar crawl.

also, is there anyone else you can invite out? that would add a different dynamic to just you and your friend.

as for me, yeh i still love nights out. i have more than one friendship group though so i go to different places depending on who i'm with. i know some people who go to the local pub followed by walkabout every weekend. that would drive me insane! variety is the spice of life.
  • Options
    Sometimes other people come out with us but usually it's just the two of us. I don't live in Birmingham anymore, although sometimes we still go out there, we usually go to a smaller town which is pretty dire!

I went out last week with people from work and had a really good time so it's not like this all the time, just with old friends, which is kind of sad really.
  • Options
    Yeah it can get a bit crap when you always do the same thing, try to find some new places to go to, somewhere that you'll enjoy the music more, and as lipsy' already said maybe some new people?

When i first got to uni i only really knew my best mate, who is also my house mate an things got a bit boring but now we've settled in an made loads of new friends its wicked, also when i come home from uni its good to go out too cos i havent been for a while.
  • Options
    Try the Jam House, music, food and alcohol- or eat just down the road (can't remember what it's called but GREAT wine) and then have music and drinks in the Jam House.

Where is your usual night out? Broad Street?
  • Options
    ive been going out in town since i was nearly 16 and its still as fun as ever, theres usually a group of between 8 and 15 of us, all good pals, always a laugh. a night is as good as you want to make it, we like to go off to different places sometimes which is nice, but burnley is still a quality night out.

like has been said, try new places, new faces, new order of doing things
  • Options
    Oh, and I know exactly how you feel- my friend's having her hen party on Sat night, starting in the usual bar and ending in the usual club... I'm not going! How mean of me eh? lol
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    Try the Jam House, music, food and alcohol- or eat just down the road (can't remember what it's called but GREAT wine) and then have music and drinks in the Jam House.

Where is your usual night out? Broad Street?

If we go to Birmingham it's usually Broad Street yeah. We tried going to the Arcadian but it was poncey and expensive, the mailbox is too expensive..I'm not a big fan of broad street but at least there's a load of bars altogether.

I'm going to hunt around for somewhere to go tonight as I seriously cannot bear another idenitkit night!
  • Options
    Have you been to the boiler room, that can be fun. I also like fruity tooties (or whatever it's called) just off the custard factory- though my budget won't be stretching to any nights out this month. Gah! How come people expect presents when they get married eh? The gall of it! lol
  • Options
    Which club is that?! I can only think of Dukes lol.
  • Options
    Just get completely wasted...that way every night is good fun cos you don't remember what you did!
  • Options
    you don't have to eat chips! she's not making you. :p

and if you can picture in your head what you think is going to happen then change it..wear something different, go to different places, invite different people out.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    PussyKatty wrote:
    I went out last week with people from work and had a really good time so it's not like this all the time, just with old friends, which is kind of sad really.

Could you introduce your friends to the places you go to with work? Since you're a reporter, could you get free tickets for something and take your mates along?
  • Options