Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

so where is everyone off to this summer?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
anyone got exciting plans for this summer?

ive just finished sorting mine out so its got my all excited!!!

im flying to prague and then going to a couple of cities by train.

doing prague 2 nights -> vienna 2 nights -> bratislava 2 nights and then back to prague for the last night and flight home!

cant wait, gonna have a real laugh. might seem like a lot of travelling but the trains are easy enough to sort out and stuff, the longest trip will be about 4 hours so nothing major, plenty of time to drink on the train or catch up on some sleep. wooo so excited
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Nothing flashy, just a week in our cottage in Cornwall.
    cornwall is really nice tho
    Hamburg :hyper: I'm so excited to get back there..

Probably spend about a month in various parts of Ireland, in total, too.
    I've got nothing planned. I'd love to book a holiday last minute though.
    I have no idea yet... Whatever SCC (aka RB) want to do...
    I'm going to Cyprus and the New Forest.
    we were looking at just going on a beach holiday but decided for the money you'd spend we could do something way better so a couple of us have rebelled and going off to do this, shame its only a week, wont wanna come back, gonna take plenty of stuff just in case we dont wanna come back!

hopefully get a cheeky long weekend in towards the end of the year too.
    i cant decide whether to go to Ibiza for a week with friends or to New York for a few weeks to stay with my sister and brother.

i think NY might win because i'm old enough to get lashed there now and there's a nice beach too.
    ButtonMoon wrote:
    Nothing flashy, just a week in our cottage in Cornwall.

Probably going to go away with friends as well. Depends on how many holiday days I have left at work.
    Dunno yet. Somewhere warm with a group of about 6 of us. Should be a laugh :D
    lipsy wrote:
    i cant decide whether to go to Ibiza for a week with friends or to New York for a few weeks to stay with my sister and brother.

i think NY might win because i'm old enough to get lashed there now and there's a nice beach too.

ive done both before and NY wins hands down! i was actually on the cusp of turning 21 while i was out there and contrary to popular belief i didnt actually get asked for ID in most places (i had some fake ID that i had to use in Woodstock and Syracuse but that worked fine) but in Manhatten and stuff i never got asked. i must look like a old man.

i went to ibiza 2 years in a row when i was 19 and 20 and yes i had a great time, but i think ive kinda done that now, its nothing new, i like new different places so probably wouldnt go back. unless it was free.
    koe_182 wrote:
    ive done both before and NY wins hands down! i was actually on the cusp of turning 21 while i was out there and contrary to popular belief i didnt actually get asked for ID in most places (i had some fake ID that i had to use in Woodstock and Syracuse but that worked fine) but in Manhatten and stuff i never got asked. i must look like a old man.

i went to ibiza 2 years in a row when i was 19 and 20 and yes i had a great time, but i think ive kinda done that now, its nothing new, i like new different places so probably wouldnt go back. unless it was free.
    yeh ive been to NY a few times coz i have family there.

only been to ibiza once when i was 18 and it was brilliant. but this time it will be a bit more grown up because some of my friends are bringing boyfriends with them. and now ive got a taste for pills i think it would do my head in to go over there and not take any coz those friends don't.
    im off to our house in france (normandy) for 3 weeks in mid-august :) looking forward to it!!

my dad also told me a few weeks ago that he may have to go to bahamas on business in july!!! :eek: so if thats the case im going to try and find a way to go with him.. even if it means just lounging round the hotel the whole time while he goes off to work :yeees:
    soraliah wrote:
    im off to our house in france (normandy) for 3 weeks in mid-august :) looking forward to it!!

Normandie is quite jolie :yes:
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Nowhere probably.

Feel like a mini trip round the UK though see some old friends etc.
    soraliah wrote:
    oooh yeh i'm going to ours in august too for a week. its in brittany though.
    lipsy wrote:
    oooh yeh i'm going to ours in august too for a week. its in brittany though.

aw lucky! :) when we were looking for a house to buy i wanted to get one in brittany.. but my mum didnt want to :grump: better weather down there n'all
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Nowhere. We are decorating the house instead :grump:
    i always wish i'd done camp america, i know someone who did it and she loved it, im a bit old for it now tho! oh well
    i was thinking about doing camp america this summer :p got a brochure and info and everything.. but decided not to in the end. i figured you need to be really enthusiastic (and love children!!) to be able to do it.. and i dont think id be very good!! plus i heard you have to get up early every morning.. couldnt handle that!!

sure it will be fun though :D
    Violette wrote:
    haha, golden oldie. :p

not quite that old, but getting there. i think i nearly qualify for a SAGA holiday
    Doing camp america for three months, in Florida baby! I cant wait to go :hyper:
    what does camp america entail?
    soraliah wrote:
    i was thinking about doing camp america this summer :p got a brochure and info and everything.. but decided not to in the end. i figured you need to be really enthusiastic (and love children!!) to be able to do it.. and i dont think id be very good!! plus i heard you have to get up early every morning.. couldnt handle that!!

sure it will be fun though :D

Oh find a camp in the Chicagoland area :p I always wondered how they found the foreign people at the girl scout camps I went to when I was little, now I know!

My parents are going to S. Africa. Thats as far as I'm going. They travel everywhere (without me), bastards.
    $600 total? Thats barely a weeks worth of money, what a rip off!
    Violette wrote:
    well to get in, we had to go to a camp america fair, where you go up to the camp directors and chat to them, and then if they like you they say okay dya wanna sit down and have a little interview.

and then youre offered a place! quite easy like. and there's all different kinds of camps, loads of jewish only ones, and athletic ones, but i'm just gonna be a general counsellor as i dont really have a speciality area.

on my camp its girls-only ranging from about 6-16 years old, and you have a group of about 10 of them, of around the same age. basically you look after 'em all day, do all the activities with them, come up with ideas about what to do with him, get to know them. at the camp i'm going to, the girls only stay for either 1 or 2 weeks at a time.

you get every other weekend off and some nights.

you get about $600 (if you're my age), elisa's getting bout $750 i think cuz she's 22. but to get there you have to pay about £500, for your visa, and medical, and loads of other fiddly things. but you get it back basically, and you get flights free, plus your accomodation and all your meals.

and we finish on august 15th, so after working for 2 months, you can stay up til october and do whatever, so think we're staying til the middle of september and doing a bit of travelling.

im well excited, gotta go for my visa interview in london next week and after thats sorted (if i get one that is!) then there's not much more to do except save up a LOT of money for travelling. woooooo.

Sounds like it would be fun! I would not mind getting paid $600 for doing it, plus getting free meals, accomodation, expenses for visa etc. and the experience. :thumb:
    i bet it would be alright if you know someone else doing it. but if i was to go on my own $600 wouldn't be worth it.
    my_name wrote:
    $600 total? Thats barely a weeks worth of money, what a rip off!

Its not really the money were doing it for, but the chance to work in america an do some travelling afterwards, the money just helps.
    Its not really the money were doing it for, .

Wow, your a rare breed ;) Well I hope you have lots of fun. And don't forget Disney World since your down there :hyper:
    my_name wrote:
    . And don't forget Disney World since your down there :hyper:

oooo i wont, first place on my list! :hyper: