Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Is Cocaine The New Clubbers Drug???

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think people just get pissed off with having 3 day comedowns after they've done pills. Even with MDMA you're comedown's get gradually worse. Because coke doesn't give you the same comedown or the Seratonin depletion that's why people like it.

I dont see coke as being a harder drug than E and all the bullshit about people moving onto crack and smack is just reactionary bollocks.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:

In your case if you purchase cocaine not only are you funding the usual nasties in South America but also your local nasties, something to consider if you have moral problems with mass murder and criminality.

All of the illegal drugs in this world are made and bought/sold through corruption.

If you have a problem with mass murder and criminality don't buy any drugs simple as. At the same time don't go shopping in a supermarket or buy a pair of Nike Trainers or Gap trrousers.

There's a line you have to draw under things. Sure the coke trade is fierce and brutal in South America, but you can't say it;s the only one.
  • Options
    Zenie wrote:
    I think people just get pissed off with having 3 day comedowns after they've done pills. Even with MDMA you're comedown's get gradually worse. Because coke doesn't give you the same comedown or the SSRI depletion that's why people like it.

I dont see coke as being a harder drug than E and all the bullshit about people moving onto crack and smack is just reactionary bollocks.

Cocaine definitely has more addictive potential then E.
  • Options
    Zenie wrote:
    All of the illegal drugs in this world are made and bought/sold through corruption.

If you have a problem with mass murder and criminality don't buy any drugs simple as. At the same time don't go shopping in a supermarket or buy a pair of Nike Trainers or Gap trrousers.

There's a line you have to draw under things. Sure the coke trade is fierce and brutal in South America, but you can't say it's the only one.

I'm sorry but that is just rubbish, certainly Nike arent exactly a mom and pop all lovely ethical company, but to compare them with cocaine production is just stupid.

When was the last time Nike bombed judges or people in politics it didnt like?

When was the last time Nike tried to over throw a government?

When was the last time Nike had a 10,000 man well trained army?

Of course cocaine isnt the only drug to have effects like this, but to my mind in terms of death and destruction its the worse (though closely followed by heroin and meth).
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Cocaine definitely has more addictive potential then E.

Given it makes your brain re-learn what pleasure is to down grade everything else other than cocaine I'd say so.

And given it programmes the brain to actually release dopamine in expectation of a hit when stimuli are noticed. Thus making the craving even stronger if the cocaine isnt delivered.
  • Options
    The thing with Coke is when it is all gone, people get all keen and want more, whereas when you do pills in a club, you buzz out and could quite happily go to sleep as you have been buzzing and dancing all night! lol also a lot of clubs have clocked it now and put vasaline on the toilet seats - so hyginic eh? :D

Also some people get really paranoid on gear and wanna fight everyone whereas i find with pills it just chill you out a bit more and you just let go!

I tend to do gear more in pubs also and it is such a chore in clubs, a proper ceromony! then there is the code talk if a bouncer walks in! ha ha oh memories! :lol:
  • Options
    Zenie wrote:

the weed on my desk is local produce and completely organic.
    grown by a very nice family with no criminal past ...no criminal connections and no criminal desires.
    and a fine product it is too.
  • Options
    grown by a very nice family with no criminal past ...no criminal connections and no criminal desires.

More and more weed is UK grown, but that doesnt mean nice stuff like this, its still the intensive hydro which used to get imported.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Given it makes your brain re-learn what pleasure is to down grade everything else other than cocaine I'd say so.

And given it programmes the brain to actually release dopamine in expectation of a hit when stimuli are noticed. Thus making the craving even stronger if the cocaine isnt delivered.

Yep...the more i've read about this, the more i've realised i objectively prefer E to coke...but when meeting my dealer with the intention of buying pills and i'm offered coke, i'm compelled to buy the ching. Cutting out lines and just seeing the coke is a considerable pleasure in itself.
  • Options
    just seeing the coke is a considerable pleasure in itself.

there is alot of evidence to echo that, I'm a bit busy at the moment but a bit later if i get time i shall try and find you some examples in research if you are interested.

The relation between signs and reactions is of a similar relation to seeing a fat, juicy steak or (to quote Snatch) 'like curry to a pisshead'. Its a neuro-psychological phenomemnon which is common to most anything regularly imbibed with a pleasurable reaction. What coke does that others don't it would appear, is take this one step further by making it not just pleasurable but prefferable.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:

Of course cocaine isnt the only drug to have effects like this, but to my mind in terms of death and destruction its the worse (though closely followed by heroin and meth).

I'm not saying it is.

But you cant pretend to be holier than thou about one drug without realising corruption and capitalism is all around you in your every day life.

I dont disagee the production's shit, people are hurt and killed every single day.

I just find it hypocritical that people will say they won't do coke because it's unethical.

Roll on fair-trade chang :cool:
  • Options

I'm pleased for you :)

You're the exception though IMO
  • Options
    there is alot of evidence to echo that, I'm a bit busy at the moment but a bit later if i get time i shall try and find you some examples in research if you are interested.

The relation between signs and reactions is of a similar relation to seeing a fat, juicy steak or (to quote Snatch) 'like curry to a pisshead'. Its a neuro-psychological phenomemnon which is common to most anything regularly imbibed with a pleasurable reaction. What coke does that others don't it would appear, is take this one step further by making it not just pleasurable but prefferable.

Yeah sure, i'm always interested in whatever i'm taking. One thing i have noticed is that a lot of cokeheads don't seem to ever quit for a substantial period...it's sniff sniff sniff every weekend...whereas with E people go through periods, give it up for a lengthy stretches, then go back.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    Yeah sure, i'm always interested in whatever i'm taking. One thing i have noticed is that a lot of cokeheads don't seem to ever quit for a substantial period...it's sniff sniff sniff every weekend...whereas with E people go through periods, give it up for a lengthy stretches, then go back.

Yeah, it is true about the thought of a line of coke... weird!

In terms of people going on and off pills, im sure that would be down to the fact that pills noticeably punish you more if you do them week in week out. Where as coke may leave you feeling a bit crappy the next day, but nothing a good sleep wont sort out and you will be fresh by monday!
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    Yeah, it is true about the thought of a line of coke... weird!

In terms of people going on and off pills, im sure that would be down to the fact that pills noticeably punish you more if you do them week in week out. Where as coke may leave you feeling a bit crappy the next day, but nothing a good sleep wont sort out and you will be fresh by monday!

Yeah, comedowns from E can become shocking after a while...when they started lasting several days i avoided taking them altogether. Totally agree about coke comedowns, usually a day's rest is enough to sort you out...although maybe not your bank acount! :eek:
  • Options
    a quick recovery means a healthy rotating customer base
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:

That's because you dont need to with coke. :thumb:

I dont get a come down off it tbh and a lot of my mates don't.

Pills is another story though, all about the old Seratonin levels innit ;)
  • Options

i think your living my dream.
  • Options

and i wonder what the government would say to that?

probably fuck all.
  • Options
    and i wonder what the government would say to that?

probably fuck all.
    whats it got to do with them?
  • Options
    lol
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    Yep...the more i've read about this, the more i've realised i objectively prefer E to coke...but when meeting my dealer with the intention of buying pills and i'm offered coke, i'm compelled to buy the ching. Cutting out lines and just seeing the coke is a considerable pleasure in itself.

That, 'pleasure' which you say you get from chopping up is part of the reason its so addictive.

Chocolate may give you cravings, but it doesnt re-set your pleasure response to down grade everything else other than chocolate.

It also buggers with the part of the brain which tells you 'you've had enough' like when you eat, towards the end of the meal the desire is reduced. This response natural in other things is turned off with cocaine, so you dont ever have enough.

So in some ways you could argue that actually the addiction to cocaine is physical, just not in the same way as a heroin addiction is.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Zenie wrote:
    Pills is another story though, all about the old Seratonin levels innit ;)
    Abnd coke is 'about' dopamine, but the pleasure response system is quite a deal more complicated than that.
  • Options
    And of course cocaine is the drug which when given to animals in push bar tests will make them press it thousands upon thousands of times, many times more than even other heavy stimulants.

And, if you give animals free access to it they will go without sleep, food and sex, and keep using till they die.
  • Options
    After being out tonight for a while, the plain and simple answer to this thread is yes.
  • Options
    I like doing coke when I'm out ( not too often though - too moreish) and I have definitely noticed more people doing it. I'm still yet to try pills, gonna make a weekend of it with a mate who I really trust :D
  • Options
    I like doing coke when I'm out ( not too often though - too moreish) and I have definitely noticed more people doing it. I'm still yet to try pills, gonna make a weekend of it with a mate who I really trust :D

Always wise when its your first time, take it easy and dont try and keep up consumption with someone who uses regularly.