Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Goth and Rock girls - Do you only go for Goth and Rock guys?

124»

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    A "chav" is not a style of person who dresses and listens to certain music.

Well many would disagree. Does that mean a 'goth' can also be a 'chav'?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Skive wrote:
    Well many would disagree. Does that mean a 'goth' can also be a 'chav'?

You never did say - what is it about you that make's you think that you are a Chav?
  • Options
    When I was a teenager, these things seemed like life and death. From where I'm sitting now in my mid 30's, it all seems a bit...well...silly really.
  • Options
    Rock and Goth chicks. :heart: :yes: :yum:
  • Options
    Sterotypes are for mugs.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I will admit that I think rock and goth girls seem very intersting, and seem more 'normal' than the girls I see just following the status quo and not really questioning the decisions they make.

Personally I find them quite attractive.
  • Options
    I do prefer rocky/emo lads nowadays.

Mohicans and KSwiss annoy me. They're too groomed. I like comfy groomed.
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Sterotypes are for mugs.

So, in fact, you've been complaining at me about nothing ...
  • Options
    Teagan wrote:
    So, in fact, you've been complaining at me about nothing ...

No. I've pointing out that you're a mug. This place prooves that sterotypes are mostly bollocks. That's all.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    No. I've pointing out that you're a mug. This place prooves that sterotypes are mostly bollocks. That's all.

You've pointed out nothing except your own insecurities ... I did not sterotype working class people living on council estates in general - you're the one that associated then with Chavs. :yeees:
  • Options
    Teagan wrote:
    You've pointed out nothing except your own insecurities ...

If you believe I'm insecure then you're an idiot.

You've just given me the impression that you think you can judge people on what they wear, I used to do the same and I was an idiot. This place has taught me that appearances mean fuck all.

If somebody's a cunt, they're a cunt.
    If somebody an moron, they're a moron.

What they wear, what they listen to, what they drive etc - they're not a good base for making dumb assumptions.

You agree with that?
    Teagan wrote:
    I did not sterotype working class people living on council estates in general - you're the one that associated then with Chavs. :yeees:

I simply quoted something you posted, I made no other association. There are people who quite clearly associate 'chavs' with working class - you just have to read the website you linked to.

Now take your idea of a 'chav' - can you spot them simply from their appearance?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    < Removed 'cos I bad! >
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Wahey, there is no need to get abusive, Teagan.

I think you are taking Skives post a bit personally, don't you? Joke or no, he has a valid point about your initial few posts, if you didn't want to argue it you should have stopped posting. That's quite enough thanks.
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    Wahey, there is no need to get abusive, Teagan.

I think you are taking Skives post a bit personally, don't you? Joke or no, he has a valid point about your initial few posts, if you didn't want to argue it you should have stopped posting. That's quite enough thanks.

But I didn't want to argue .. apologies! :blush:

Sorry Skive ...
  • Options
    No need for apologies - I saw nothing.

It's just that I have quite strong views on this. This place has taught me that it's other peoples thoughts, views and humour that intrest me - not what they wear, what music they listen to etc.

This is a place wear you are judged far more on what you say than anything else - I think we would all benifit if everyday life was like that.

I certainly havn't got a problem with the way I look - I don't have any probs whatsoever with girls or for employment - it's just this place gives me a chance to chat to people that I wouldn't before have given the time of day - and vise versa. It's made me more openminded - I'm quite hapy to say it.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Point taken ... thanks bud. You take care. :thumb: