Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Credit Card Direct Debit

Ok I have a HSBC Credit card and a HSBC bank account, when I first set these up i set up a Direct Debit to pay off the credit card, but I swear I canceled it months ago yet today I find I am over my overdraft limit because the Direct Debit has taken all my money and not even managed to pay off all my CC

Now the thing is I ahve applied for a virgin CC balance transfers interest free so i was going to be fine

I need to know is there any way i can get the Direct Debit reversed??? Or am I basically screwed?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    only way would be to transfer money to your bank from you CC which HSBC will do for you, think it'll be about 2%.
    You should be covered by the Direct Debit guarantee- if you have qualms about any payments, your bank should immediately return the money to your account, and refund all charges.

Just go to the bank and say that you cancelled it, and that you want the money returned. they will probably deny all knowledge of the DD guarantee, if my experiences with the braindead genetic mutants that work for HSBC are anything to go by.

And I'll say it again folks: HSBC are thieving Chinese cunts, run by and for the Triads.
    So as long as i dont take no for an answer I should get my money refunded?
    As with any transaction with any bank, yes, basically create as much of a stink as is humanly possible.
    Gah bloody No Counter service on saturday in the main branch fs they are really starting to piss me off now, gotta wait till monday to get this sorted now!
    You don't go to the counter, you go to the information desk.

The cashiers won't do nowt.
    yeah I know, what I mean is there is NO counter service as in No staff ergo no information desk either :/

Gah I just wanna get this sorted :(
    I gotta go into HSBC tommorow, and kick some serious ass.

opened my account in January, Still no fucking cards! whats the deal on this 10 quid for every mistake they make when opening it? i think in due at least a ton!
    This is getting bloody stupid now, they still hav'nt sorted it, third time i've been in there now.

The last two times they said oh we will sort it then the second time he said it had been sorted. But still nothing so today they have said they will sort it (bet they dont?)

As soon as this is over I am closing down my current account and cancelling their credit card bunch of wan*k*ers!

I cant beleive they are allowed to look after people's money!