Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

how can anyone like pussycat dolls

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
they make my skin cringe, and whenever i hear/see them i think of shouting "want some food!? and learn to sing!"

arghh they piss me off and sum up what is wrong with the music biz
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have the same kinds feelings about them but from a lesser extreme.. :p

You have to admit that song was damn catchy.. Didn't like it at all but i still found myself humming it.. :p
    i think the songs are alright. and they looked fantastic when they danced at the brit awards. but it is quite comical that only one fo them sings and the rest just look pretty in the background.
    they make my skin cringe, and whenever i hear/see them i think of shouting "want some food!? and learn to sing!"

Amen to that.

I do have trouble communicating how utterly shit they are to a certain male friends of mine, however, who insists that the reason why I don't like them is that old green-eyed jealousy.

Isn't the only one who sings a former member of a group created by Popstars (or its American equivalent)? Because that's exactly what the music world needs, of course.

Also, "dontcha wish your girlfriend was raw like me?" just sounds painful to me, and deeply unsexy...no matter what the actual meaning is. :p
    briggi wrote:

Also, "dontcha wish your girlfriend was raw like me?" just sounds painful to me, and deeply unsexy...no matter what the actual meaning is. :p
    but its such a good song to dance to on a student night! like the beyonce one.
    i heard a couple of em were blokes too. still..worth a do i suppose
    briggi wrote:
    Amen to that.

I do have trouble communicating how utterly shit they are to a certain male friends of mine, however, who insists that the reason why I don't like them is that old green-eyed jealousy.

Isn't the only one who sings a former member of a group created by Popstars (or its American equivalent)? Because that's exactly what the music world needs, of course.

and the other one is singing about sexist shit like "you treat me like shit but i love you and ill stick with you"
    well their last song beep was about guys not giving a shit about a girls personality and just looking her her tits/ass whatever it was and the girls response...''i dont give a....keep looking at my....something something...playing wit ya...''
    i agree, what is the point, only one of them sings and she looks like she could do with a burger and the rest just farce around in the back.
    And the first song...onabout being out to get another girls bf....it was the only catchy one.
    i think they all look fantastic! amazing bodies.
    I've managed to avoid them, so I have no feeings towards them.

Now, Paul Weller on the other hand.......how a man with such a lack of ability, personality or the slightest hint of humanity is allowed to a) step foot in a recording studio b) have his cds released and c) manage to sell mor than two copies (one for him, one for his Gran) is a mystery fitting of Hercule Poirot.

See also: Phil Collins, Simply Red, Dido, James Blunt, Def Leppard and the Sugababes.

Phil Collins gets a special "YOU.........SUCK!" for brainwashing Eric Clapton in the 80s.
    Pussycat Dolls are unspeakably awful. Every time a record of theirs comes on, I just feel embarrassed.
    i quite like their album personally, the songs are catchy and great to dance to when you're out and thats good enough for me!
    I like their music. Its mostly tongue in cheek anyway. I wish I could dance like them. Dayaamn..
    lipsy wrote:
    i think the songs are alright. and they looked fantastic when they danced at the brit awards. but it is quite comical that only one fo them sings and the rest just look :lol:pretty :lol: in the background.

They are NOT pretty. Except maybe the main singer.
    There first song was decent but it was a cover anyway, which is something very few people know about. As for the other songs they have done, they just annoy me but i try to avoid the radio these days anyway so its all fine by me.
    I like it when they sing full songs, not when they put weird bleeps in instead of words!

I like the blonde one...who is very very cute! The rest are ok.
    James Blunt allegedly liked them enough to repeatedly slam his "sneezing love slug" into their "damp sex exhaust".

A match truly made in heaven.

Got to love Holy Moly really.
    They're barely-clad glamour models...it doesn't matter if they can sing or not... :yeees:

The only time I've liked their music is when two of my male friends sung Dont'cha while rubbing themselves up and down the extremely terrified kareoke host :lol:
    I like them :o
    Sorry!!!

But I like their songs. Think they are catchy and the main singer is really pretty.
    Just wasn't fust ont the slow lovely dovery song they made. Forget what ya call it.
    They all look like trannys to me
    Any group or singer who uses txt speak in their song title deserves a serious kicking.

why do people like pussycat dolls?
    easy- people like different music

if people were all the same then we wudnt be people, we'd be person, difference is what makes us people
    If you look at them closely, they look awful. Good bodies just a shame about the faces! Apart from the lead singer that is.
    I like em. I like how they jig too.

But in any decent and moral society it wouldnt be allowed.
    Infinite wrote:
    Now, Paul Weller on the other hand.......how a man with such a lack of ability, personality or the slightest hint of humanity is allowed to a) step foot in a recording studio b) have his cds released and c) manage to sell mor than two copies (one for him, one for his Gran) is a mystery fitting of Hercule Poirot.

See also: Phil Collins, Simply Red, Dido, James Blunt, Def Leppard and the Sugababes.

Woah! Leave the Modfather out of this! I'll agree with your other name and shames but the Wellermeister is a fucking legend!

Pussycat dolls are what they are ... why would you expect any more?

if people were all the same then we wudnt be people, we'd be person, difference is what makes us people
    Thankyou.
    I love the Pussycat Dolls, and love their album, I also like looking at them, they're gorgeous. I also love Black Sabbath, Nina Simone and Eric Clapton.

There's nothing wrong with having a bit of diversity in your music tastes. And just because you don't like a group/music doesn't mean they are crap or are bad at what they do.

Ilora x
    I agree with Ilora. I like them. I actually had their album on in the car the other day. I also like Kelly Clarkson, Robbie Williams, Girls Aloud.....

But, I also like bands such as Trivium, Bullet For My valentine, Metallica.... Fair enough, I only started listening to them through other people. But I like it. People can like a mix, or stick to one type of music, it's their choice. Nothing wrong with a bit of fun now and again, and that what pop music is the majority of the time. Happy and fun. :)
    ive only heard "dontcha wish your girlfriend" which i thought was hideous and embarrassing, Theyre good looking though.
    Theyre good looking though.

They are indeed...

B000ANVQ64.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
    I hate them simple as that