Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Age Discrimination

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Aladdin wrote:
    Apparently playing classical music works wonders towards keeping yobbos away.
    Yeah but it could backfire and attract the elderly!
    anti social behaviour is a problem yes...but treating them like dogs with this dog whistle thing isn't the best way to go about it...
    self-fulfilling prophecy.
    Kentish wrote:
    Hang on a sec - some young people are horrid louts.

And so are a lot of older people.

Go down the Bigg Market, you can't move for 50-year-olds in boob tubes vomiting everywhere and having violent drunken fights.

Playing classical music does work, Nexus do it in all their bus stations. The only thing that annoys me is that I like the anti-social music... :grump:
    Kermit wrote:
    Go down the Bigg Market, you can't move for 50-year-olds in boob tubes vomiting everywhere and having violent drunken fights.

What a lovely image.

I had no idea how rude people were with loud music in public until I got the bus from your house to the station - I had always thought you were exaggerating it. People do it here but with headphones, rather than speakers you see.
    I had no idea how rude people were with loud music in public until I got the bus from your house to the station - I had always thought you were exaggerating it.

Generally they're not, but my bus goes past one or two dodgy estates into town. Scally vermin.

I'd like to meet the bloke who invented mp3 phones on loudspeaker and cut him a new arsehole.